PDA

View Full Version : "That awful short isn't it?!"

TxKimberly
05-30-2010, 10:04 PM
So the other day I arrived home from work carrying a bag from Goodwill, where I had gone shopping at lunch. I hadn't really intended to show anyone what I had bought, but my sons live in girl friend (who does know about me) got a glint in her eyes.
"So what treasures did you find today?" She asks me. Of course this got my wifes attention.
"Yeah, what did ya get?" my wife also asked.
"I found a couple of skirts. Wanna see 'em?" I asked.
First I took out a complexly patterned gold skirt that would have been perfect except that the designer had added a long ruffle to the bottom that took it from classy to ridiculous. They both started to tell me how hideous it was when I raised my hand to stall them.
"Before y'all tell me how ugly it is, imagine it with out the riffle and ending just above where that is now. I'm going to have it altered to remove that thing."
They both paused while they tried to imagine it, and I was relieved to see them both start nodding in agreement that it might actually be fairly cool when altered.
Next I took out a fairly standard and run-of-the-mill skirt that would end just above the knee.
"That's pretty!" my sons girl friend said, but my wife started shaking her head.
"That's awful short isn't it?" my wife asked, clearly not approving. I was surprised as I hadn't really thought it was short enough to offend anyone, let alone my wife, and so I stood there for a moment trying to figure out how to respond to that when my sons girl friend spoke up.
"That's not short at all!" she said.
"I didn't think it was that short." I told my wife, now having found my voice.
"Well it IS short, and your getting more and more short skirts and I don't like it!" my wife replied in a bit of a huff, then turned around and walked off. My sons girl friend just looked at me with a "What the hell was that all about" look on her face.
Then an amusing thought struck me. My wife wasn't angry that I was wearing skirts. She was angry that I was wearing short skirts!
Go figure . . . .

Cassandra Lynn
05-30-2010, 10:23 PM
I know you are just making fun of the situation Kimberly, but i have to say, yours is a problem most of us would accept in a Texas minute! mj (Cassie)

Persephone
05-30-2010, 10:48 PM
Uh, Kimberly, that sounds like one of those dangerous moments.

Possibility #1: Your wife thinks you are too old for short skirts.

Possibility #2: Your wife is uncomfortable about how she would look in a short skirt and will be hurt/offended if you can pull it off.

Possibility #3: Short skirt = something a woman uses to attract the attention of men and she'd rather that's not what you have in mind.

A more positive possibility: Girl, I don't see one.

Lorileah
05-30-2010, 11:07 PM
I spent 5 minutes one day trying to see behind me last time a GG told me "don't you think that skirt is too short?" Nothing was showing... I don't think.:heehee:

In my mind if you can't sit down in it...then it is too short

AKAMichelle
05-30-2010, 11:14 PM
I guess she is worried about sending out the wrong signals. :D

Kelly DeWinter
05-30-2010, 11:21 PM
.....wasn't angry that I was wearing skirts. She was angry that I was wearing short skirts!

Kelly wags her finger at Kim ...... " You just don't understand how hard it is to raise girls these days ............. especialy the second time around ! "

Cheryl James
05-30-2010, 11:22 PM
Probably 95% of us would love to have that problem. I know I would pay money to have the shortness of my skirt be an issue between my wife and I.

Chickhe
05-30-2010, 11:57 PM
The complexity starts... not dressing for yourself anymore... valuable input to getting a decent look though.

kellycan27
05-31-2010, 12:14 AM
Kim
I can't imagine you buying anything that is too short. You always dress classy and lady like. I love your style. :hugs:

kel

Miranda09
05-31-2010, 12:16 AM
Kimberly I agree with Kelly. I think you have classy enough tastes to NOT wear anything too short. I'm sure it'll look great on you. :)

Tranny Tee
05-31-2010, 12:39 AM
What length skirts does your wife wear? She may not like the idea of having a husband dressin in sexier outfits than she does.

Lucypink
05-31-2010, 01:12 AM
HI Kim, I think that you should talk with your wife to know what bothers her. She is being very suportive and patience with the situation, so you shoud give a little and find out what is the problem.... just my opinion.
LP

Mandy
05-31-2010, 01:13 AM
I love to wear short skirts, dont forget the pics :)

Freddy12
05-31-2010, 04:40 AM
What a great problem! As has been said before, most of us would love to have this problem. To deal with it, ask what is is that is objectionable about short skirts. You may find out the answer!

kaitlin
05-31-2010, 06:34 AM
Hi Kimberly, I know just what to do! Put on your new "short skirt" Fly to Nashville, I'll pick you up at the airport and we'll see if it's too short or just right! lol

Shelly Preston
05-31-2010, 06:43 AM
Kimberly,

I am sure she is worried about where you might go wearing the short skirt. You may have to explain you wont wear it anywhere that would cause you any problem.

Now you have us wondering what it looks like :)

BRANDYJ
05-31-2010, 06:57 AM
I have a solution...Put that short skirt on and get in the new pony (Mustang) and if your wife sees your panties while you are in the driver's seat, then the skirt is to short. No fair if you have to pull the hem down after sitting. lol

Jonianne
05-31-2010, 07:29 AM
Kim, gently go to her and let her know that you won't wear it and will return it to Goodwill. The point being, that you respect her opinions and value her acceptance of your cd'ing. This might break the ice of what the real matter might be. It may just be she feels overwhelmed and frustrated and needs an outlet to express it for a moment.

Sometimes, even the most accepting SO may wish she didn't have to deal with it.

TGMarla
05-31-2010, 07:39 AM
Somehow I cannot imagine my wife being in the same place. I guess if you live long enough, you'll experience everything. She's resigned to your wearing skirts, but now you're wearing them shorter and shorter........

Face it. You're nothing but a brazen hussy!

:D

Rogina B
05-31-2010, 07:57 AM
I don't think it is just the length of that skirt. You have now a more liberal support base at home.I think your future DIL admires you a lot and will take your side as to "what's appropriate for Kim's look". It is going to get interesting.I think you are going to have to show your wife first,privately. My wife is a seamstress that is always seeing ways to alter clothes "for the better",however,like your wife,thinks real short= boy bait.LOL:2c:

TxKimberly
05-31-2010, 08:54 AM
I guess she is worried about sending out the wrong signals. :D
I think that may be part of it. She has made other comments through the years that make me believe she does worry about things like that.

Kim
I can't imagine you buying anything that is too short. You always dress classy and lady like. I love your style. :hugs:

kel

I think that is what surprised me the most about her comment - the skirt really wasn't that short. It MAY be as much as two inches above the knee and doesn't qualify as a miniskirt. The skirt in this picture is the shortest that I can recall ever wearing and the new one is NOT this short:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2702/4539046335_f46523ec1d.jpg

Weeks ago when I wore that skirt, I laughed while telling her that I didn't think I would wear a skirt that short again because it was a pain in the butt.

What length skirts does your wife wear? She may not like the idea of having a husband dressin in sexier outfits than she does.

My wife in a skirt? Your kidding right? :)

. . . Face it. You're nothing but a brazen hussy!

:D

Yup yup, that's me - the brazen hussy!

. . . . My wife is a seamstress that is always seeing ways to alter clothes "for the better". . . .

Lucky lucky you! LOL

Michelle I
05-31-2010, 08:56 AM
Kim: That is so cute, she is worried about shirt length :D. You are luck to have her.

SherriePall
05-31-2010, 09:51 AM
Kimberly -- I have to agree with Persephone's no. 3: that a short skirt is used to attract men. Even after all these years together, she may fear that as you seem to be escalating your dressing (flying pretty, having facial laser treatments, etc.). This might be a good time to reassure her.

wendy360
05-31-2010, 11:12 AM
Define short.
If I put a skirt on and with my arms at my sides if the bottom of the skirt is higher than my finger tips then it's too short.
Just above the knee? Thats not short

Bobbie Bee
05-31-2010, 11:20 AM
I see the problem; the skirt is not too short, your legs are too long. Ah heck, you look great whatever you wear Kimberly.

Andy66
05-31-2010, 02:11 PM
Have a seamstress take the ruffle off of the gold skirt and stick it onto the short skirt. Problem solved... badda-bing, badda-boom! :devil:

sissystephanie
05-31-2010, 03:13 PM
Kim, you always look great in whatever you have on. You just have to remember to always keep your knees together when you are sitting in a short skirt. There was a time in my married life when my wife decided, for some strange reason, that she did like me in short skirts! But after a while she decided that she liked the short ones better! Where wives are concerned, you just have to go with the flow!!