PDA

View Full Version : sort of don't care if I get recognized

donninacd
05-31-2010, 06:57 AM
So in my very first introductory post I put my actual male name along with my new female name. I've posted pictures. I've provided clues as to my profession and hobbies and such.

Eventually I suppose I may be found out. And I sort of don't care. Anybody else feel this way?

Honestly part of the rush of being a CD for me is the exhibitionistic aspect anyway. As for my work, I believe I'm a leader in my field, at something not very many people can do in the first place, so as long as I'm not a heinous criminal, my oddities will be tolerated, and they are already are (lots of talking to myself as I work away in my cubicle, with rock music pumping into my ears from my headphones at 100 decibels).

Stephenie S
05-31-2010, 08:17 AM
100 decibels? OUCH! Be careful. You might want your hearing someday.

Rianna Humble
05-31-2010, 08:50 AM
When I first joined these forums I still had to hide things, but fortunately for me those constraints no longer apply. I now dress more often than not although I cannot dress in the office on formal dress days (Mon - Thurs) so I get changed after I arrive and again before I leave. This will change when I start my Real Life Test.

My manager asked me the other day whether I dress "like that" outside of work and I replied "yes the majority of the time".

Thanks to that change, I now no longer have to care if anyone discovers my old identity.

AKAMichelle
05-31-2010, 08:59 AM
We are all odd to someone and often to the people we work with the most.

I have started becoming more open about who I am lately because I know eventually others will know. I don't worry much about some people knowing and I realize that I may lose business if they find out but this is who I am. Why live life and be a lie to everyone? At some point you have to be true to yourself and let others know who you are.

CHEERS to you for being yourself! :drink:

AlsoSamantha
05-31-2010, 09:26 AM
When we can finally, fully accept ourselves for who we are, then the opinions of others matter less, or not at all.

The more I come out to people, the more I find people don't really care. The biggest, scariest boogie man was in my own head all along, (still there, but working on it all the time).

:bonk:
just my own goofy opinion of course!

BRANDYJ
05-31-2010, 09:37 AM
I care who knows or might recognize me. I have to work for a living. In today's economy, our jobs are not as secure as they were just a few years ago. In my opinion it is fool hearty to not care and be careful. If anyone is retired or otherwise well off and don't need to worry about where your next meal is coming from, then congratulations.
I have select friends that I have told. But that was after carefully feeling them out on various issues to determine how accepting they might be. So far, the only failure in my selection was my own brother a year and a half older then me. Unfortunately he is one of those religious fanatics that is blinded by his own view of what is right and wrong. I have not talked to him in just short of 2 years. I miss him..sort of, but then again, it';s his loss.

Freddy12
05-31-2010, 09:48 AM
It takes courage to be different, and to be willing to be recognized as different. Obviously, you are comfortable enough with who you are to be different, and not to care that others see you as different. That is great. Congratulations!

Diane Elizabeth
05-31-2010, 12:27 PM
I am the "cowardly lion" looking for courage. I envy those that have it. Someday I hope to find mine. Now I have to take my nailpolish off before going to a game party this afternoon. SO's orders.

donninacd
05-31-2010, 01:00 PM
I must be honest I'm not nearly as out there as I might sound. Have only dressed a handful of times, and always at some fetish type area/event. Maybe there's some part of me that thinks thats ok, if found out, I'll play it off as a mere fetish.

I will say this, I am loathe to expose my true identity on here, within this smaller community, where it would be easier for somebody on the inside to expose me to the outside if they so chose, but harder I think for somebody on the outside to recognize me. Does that make sense?

I never realized dressing was going to bring up so many issues. I'm OK with them though, and for the time being the few photos I've taken and posted here, and some others not appropriate for here, but which I might still post somewhere, is enough for me, at least for now. But I definitely feel like I'm on the beginning of a journey, and I'm quite looking forward to it for the most part.

Karen564
05-31-2010, 01:04 PM
Eventually I suppose I may be found out. And I sort of don't care. Anybody else feel this way?

Don't worry Don - Nina? ,
As long as you didn't give out your SS #, your secret will be safe in here...so don't let all the paranoid ones scare ya...

But if your married, better make sure your computer doesn't leave tracks to follow your footsteps...lol

Enjoy!

Kayla Shadows
05-31-2010, 02:38 PM
Ive seemed to care less and less and less.I use to just buy things online and I would never have posted my face.The avatar was just taken saturday night and its also my new facebook one too.Kinda bad lighting as usual but I liked it.Years ago I never thought about going into a store and when asked for help with clothes saying,yeah,I need something hot for this weekend.Why not.Who cares what they think.I just got a message on yahoo about another invite on my male facebook.My friend Danielle keeps sending me these makeup and salon things.I just want to say,do you know something other people dont know? If she does cool.If other people do,oh well.Like my gg friend just told me,the people that matter dont mind and the people that mind dont matter.

You just gotta be you for you and live it up.That big ball of fire in the sky,nobody's promising your gonna see it tomorrow.

Cassandra Lynn
05-31-2010, 08:53 PM
When i got sober this past October, it brought about many changes in my mentality; acceptance of myself and my genders for one, but also a f**k em if they don't like it attitude. I wasted enough of my life...etc, etc.

The chances that someone who knows me, finds me here are remote at best, at least till Cassie is fully revealed and even then for that matter.
I also am pictured as my male self on some other sites that are just as compromising. I don't have work issues, SO issues and don't have any enemies that i know of.

Besides, who knows where this journey may take me? I may just end up a year from now, coming out to those in my world, and deciding to live as Cassie most of the time anyways. mj (Cassie)