PDA

View Full Version : Feminine Physique

Lucy Long Legs
05-31-2010, 11:56 AM
It is generally accepted that there are particularly masculine and feminine physical traits and everybody falls into a certain category along the line between the two extremes. It seems that many crossdressers are not exceptionally feminine physically,but there are also some who are. I think I fall into that category and I feel this is probably the reason why I first felt the urge to dress as a woman. Are there others here who feel the same way? There seem to be many hot-blooded males who enjoy dressing (and why not?) but it would be interesting to hear from very feminine males who, like myself, have never been able to fill the traditional male role for physical reasons.

AKAMichelle
05-31-2010, 01:05 PM
Unfortunately I have more of the masculine traits but I don't let it hold me back.

Cheryl T
05-31-2010, 01:07 PM
I would be considered more masculine without my "padding" and I never let that hinder me. It's what's inside that makes me feminine. I can always change the outside to reflect that.

Kelly DeWinter
05-31-2010, 01:13 PM
I would be considered more masculine without my "padding" and I never let that hinder me. It's what's inside that makes me feminine. I can always change the outside to reflect that.

I'm in agreement Cheryl, Its hard having a dress size 20 Upper body and a Size 10 Lower Body !

One of these days they will design clothes for our body types too :)

Kelly

joann07
05-31-2010, 01:24 PM
For me, I am fortunate that my physical traits border between male and female so it allows me to easily go between both words. I've never had any kind of feminization surgery or taken any hormones and so I can fit in most women's clothes because my height and size fits within the range of most women.

Hugs!

PattiMichaels
05-31-2010, 01:58 PM
I have to admit that I was blessed with my mom's genetics and that has definitely helped my crossdressing. In fact, I'd say that it probably encouraged me even more. I was always able to sneak into her closets as a kid and could wear just about anything I wanted. At my best, I was able to get my weight down to 125lbs and on my 5'7" frame, it actually fed my ego. On the same note, it also became an obsession as well. i was doing a cardio workout twice a day and subsisted on a diet of 2 cans of slimfast and a bowl of cereal a day. I'm afraid at how far I might've taken steps toward feminizing myself even more had reality not set in.

Rachel Morley
05-31-2010, 02:54 PM
I wouldn't say I was particularly feminine but my body is small (5ft 4ins tall, 130lbs, US women's size 8 feet (UK size 6) and I have small hands) and so it's not very masculine, and so when you shave off the body hair and put me in girls clothes and then "tweak things" here and there, like give me thin eyebrows, long manicured nails etc I do look a lot better but I wouldn't say that I was "unable to fill the traditional male role for physical reasons". :2c:

sissystephanie
05-31-2010, 03:04 PM
I am definitely a man, but also a perfect size 16 in ladies wear. With natural 40 B's that I have had since age 8 or 9! So I guess I fit into the category! BTW, I have worn a bra since then too, except for 4 years in the military!!

Karen564
05-31-2010, 03:43 PM
Size isn't everything...but it's a start & does help..

I have a girl in my class that has bigger shoulders than myself, yet she looks like a picture perfect girl..and absolutely gorgeous & all woman..which she is...

Sure, a 250+ lb male in a dress is gonna have a hard time passing as a female no matter what he does..but it is still possible..

I still think of myself as large..even though I currently stand at 5'-7 1/2" and wear sz 8-10 clothes...but have no idea what I weigh..and don't wanna know...lol

Just remember that women & men come in all shapes & sizes.....well, that's what I tell myself anyways...:battingeyelashes:

Barbara Dugan
05-31-2010, 03:49 PM
I really don't have a feminine physique but also no very masculine. It helps that my arms are thin and not very big on the shoulder area. As a male I really strugle when there is a need to use some muscle force

Billijo49504
05-31-2010, 03:55 PM
But if you notice, even tall women are short in the torso. Most just have long legs. Where guys are proportioned. If they are tall, the legs and torso are both longer....BJ

Tess
05-31-2010, 08:57 PM
When I began crossdressing I was very skinny and have a small boned type of frame. No way was I ever going to play football or be a power hitter in baseball plus too uncoordinated for basketball. Anyway, my body size made it easier to fit into my mother's cloths and later my wife's so from that standpoint it made a difference. Mentally I don't believe I ever connected my body type with the desire to crossdress. I don't see the relationship in me.

JenniferR771
05-31-2010, 09:29 PM
Yes, maybe. I have small frame 5' 8" 144 lbs, a little nerdy. Size 10 dress, and shoes. I thought for many years it caused my crossdressing--that maybe I felt inadequate as a man. But now I am surprised to see many cds who are average or even large size. So that theory is shot full of holes. Now, I think I am lucky--my slender body is passable in-- dim light.

Tina L.
05-31-2010, 09:30 PM
For me it's tough looking feminine when i am built like an upside down pear, but i still enjoy dressing up in girly frilly lacy things.

FeliciaK
05-31-2010, 11:32 PM
I can kind of relate to what you're saying-having feminine facial and body features was one of the early factors that got me curious as far as dressing. I remember one specific instance when i was young, i caught a glance in the mirror of myself in passing and was kind of taken aback by realizing my face looked pretty, which led to a brief musing of what i might look like as a girl.

never been able to fill the traditional male role for physical reasons
this is the part i dont really relate to though :strugglin

erickka
06-01-2010, 05:53 AM
I'm 5'7", 140 lbs, and I am size 16 on top and a size 6-8 on bottom. Unfortunately , that screams linebacker build. I have a real hard time finding dresses that will look and feel good, I guess that's why I wear a lot of skirts and tops, since mix and match is a no brainer there.

DonniDarkness
06-01-2010, 06:34 AM
34..29..32...6'0'..155lbs..all my adult life, growing up i didnt play sports or lift weights, i read a lot while on the the bleachers during Gym class, most of my friends were girls, ive had longer hair then many women do, all of my life.....i would say im more on the girl side of the male genetics.

Did it encourage me to dress? I would say yes, i have always felt it did. Was it the sole reason i dress? No, i dress because it makes me feel better.

Having a girl type body didnt stop me from doing typical guy stuff though. I rebuild engines and motorcycles, build furniture and cabinetry, and the occasional guys night out (full of cussing,spitting, and raising hell with my friends).

The traditional roles vary among men and our body types. I would never be able to play football....but the football player wouldnt hold a candle to how fast id lose him in spelunking...(look it up)....or get his giant hands in between a set of full length headers and the engine block to assemble a seleniod from pieces.....or have a delicate enough touch to laminate a mosaic of veneer over a 80+ yr old peice of retored furniture....But yet i cant throw a football 80 yards.....

Perspective,
-Donni-

tinalynn
06-01-2010, 06:51 AM
My physical size (5'5"/155) certainly helps me pass, but I don't like that my arms are somewhat hairy and the 5 0'clock shadow seems too dark. I'm pretty much built thin (need to lose dad's inherited beer belly, though) and I think that helped encourage my dressing - but didn't lead directly to it. The somewhat small size has not kept me from traditional male pursuits, including hunting, sports, engines, etc... I consider myself a jack of all trades - can do/play just about anything well, but am not particularly great at anything.

daviolin
06-01-2010, 07:02 AM
5'9" 160lbs. wear size 12 dress. 9 shoes. Not to bad for a girl. My voice is my dead give away. My shoulders maybe a little wide. But other than that, I can pull it off pretty good.flickr.com/photos/daviolin

victoriamwilliams1
06-01-2010, 07:10 AM
This is an interesting question, I feel that I am somewhere near or at the middle. I am finding that the type of clothes makes the difference and finding clothes and styles that work with your body.

kimdl93
06-01-2010, 11:47 AM
6"3" 230 and lifelong gym rat. Not very girly, but how I feel is what's important to me.

erin8042
06-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Actually this is interesting. So I have many male traits (dare I say to much hair) etc.

This is my problem, I know I can never look like the girl I want to be. So dressing is more frustrating than anything else. Once I get on all the clothes it is just a plain bummer. A nasty circle of sorts.

So, when I feel like dressing I sometimes say to myself "whats the point."

charlie
06-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Hello Lucy!
Since I started when I was ten I had no knowledge of how anyone should look. I did not know why I started doing it, I just wanted to wear girls stuff! Now I'm blessed with a man's physique, but moldable. For me it is all about engineering. My shapewear holds in the middle to get a more hourglass shape. The clear tape above each eyebrow attached to my wig mesh holds my eyebrows into a female shape and raises my eyelids. Covered hair bands (for ponytails) over my ears make it so I can wear pierced earrings. Silicone breasts fill my bra. Our shape is our shape. Engineering it makes it all work.... and makes us look pretty!

Jeannie
06-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Wait let me go look in the mirror. Yep still look like a man in skirt and blouse with a wig and makeup on, but oh does it still feel soooo feminine, sexy and fun.

Jeannie

docrobbysherry
06-01-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm fortunate to have a relatively slim figure and lean muscle tissue! NOT lean enuff in my shoulders or arms, tho. Despite the fact I quit all upper body excersize about 8 years ago!:brolleyes:

If u saw me in drab, you'd NEVER guess!:eek:

"THAT butt ugly, wizzened old guy is Doc Sherry!? Yeah, and I'm Charlize Theron!":devil:

t-girlxsophie
06-01-2010, 10:35 PM
There is nothing Feminine about my facial features sadly,but hell you can't change that you just make the best of it,It wont stop me trying to look my best though,Its too much fun and pleasureable not to,at least I have a fine pair of pins,according to my wife so its not all bad,:hugs:

Lucy Long Legs
06-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Nobody seems to want to admit to being unmasculine. I wonder if many CDs are really quite masculine and are proud of it. I began dressing, I realise many years later, because I am not at all masculine and when I dress as a woman all pressure to behave as a man is removed. Does this ring bells with anyone?

suchacutie
06-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Well, part of me is masculine, and I like that part.

The complication is that part of my mind is really quite feminine, it seems.

In my latter high-school years, I was very thin and, from pictures that we still have my daughter explained to me that today I would have been called a "pretty boy". I have no doubt that I could have passed easily at 18!

In college my genetics caught up to me and now I'm 41 34 38. That's about a size 18 on top and within shapewear distance of a size 8 on the bottom. The old inverted triangle! My wife explained from the beginning that I had to consider dressing as a "larger" woman, but that I would have a lot of company and there were a lot of clothes to be found for just that shape! I have to hide the large arms and decoy the broad shoulders, but it can work. I'll never get back to my "pretty boy" shape, but that's the way it is.

So, the masculine part of me has to put up with the feminine mind, and the feminine part of me has to put up with the masculine upper body. I guess it's a fair trade! :)

tina

MrKunk
06-02-2010, 01:14 PM
5 foot 7 inches and between 125 to 135 pounds. I am not overly male but
also not overly femme either. I am going to learn more for passing. I already have learned
my correct tights/pantyhose size and correct panties size. So I am on the right track.

shannonFL
06-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Lucy, OK, I can admit the unmasculine body thing. Almost 6' tall, 135-139 lbs., 29" mens jeans tend to the loose side, but as a guy I am more agile, can move quickly, do not grunt and groan to get up, I like being more...lithe.
I do...pay attention to diet...in ways a "normal" male would not...it's just part of our dual nature I suppose...but I will also admit...the guy side can, well,
become a little.. handicapped(?) by the desire of a more feminine, smoothly shaved body....but, for the girl, it is a neccessity.

AshCross
06-04-2010, 05:06 AM
I have always thought of myself unlucky, as I am at the very end of the masculine spectrum. Im very tall (6 foot 5). But I soon realized that with the right clothes and hosery I can become a tall leggy bombshell! Body type has an influence but it is possible to dress to impress.

Sweeterica
06-04-2010, 05:19 AM
Im very much male build,broad shouldered etc,however i think wearing the right outfits etc one can look ok, really tho its how you feel inside,for me im male 100 % but adore dressing girly,thats how i want it to be,im happy,thats what matters.

Juliemckay
06-04-2010, 07:26 AM
Former college linebacker here, need I say more?

I am dropping weight and I hope to hit by Christmas (notice I didn't say what year). I would love to be a perfect size 8 all over, but it will never happen. With the right outfit and a little magic, it can be OK

Chris182
06-04-2010, 07:46 AM
well my chest is quite large (38ish), but my waist is fairly small (30ish). I fit into size 6/7 junior jeans well. Havent really ever tried dress shopping.

diannecourtney
06-04-2010, 08:52 AM
Oh, at 6'1' and 205, I'd dearly love tobe 5"7 and 130 with a size 10 foot. Then i would surely fit.:):):)

tamarav
06-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Actually, a huge segment of the female population is not feminine in appearance anyway. I have had to get a wider styling chair for my clients and have had to reinforce my massage bed to support some of the new "ladies".

I cut a person's hair the other day and after they left one of the other stylists asked me if my client was a man or a woman, the person walked like a lumberjack (Yes they exist here, all the time)

During the haircut I really had no idea except for the hands.

tricia_uktv
06-04-2010, 03:30 PM
I have the body of a supermodel but the feet of a policeman, so I'm not sure whether I am qualified to answer the question

NathalieX66
06-04-2010, 04:14 PM
I'm 5'6" and no beer gut, but I am always conscious of my wide shoulders. I run 3-5 miles every other day and eat light. When I wear hip padding, corset, and forms, I look like many 40-something women.....but then again I am never satisfied. Unless I try the late Karen Carpenter diet, and do female hormones which is not an option for me , I'm shooting for a 36 bra, but I'm not there yet, at least not comfortably.

sherib
06-04-2010, 06:48 PM
I can make my body look female, if you visulize a tall women, But for the the last forty years I've been trying make up my face to look more feminine. That's one of the reason I'm still in the closet. A female looking wanabe.