PDA

View Full Version : My wife discovers the value of a CD husband.

annecwesley
06-01-2010, 04:32 AM
My wife has a couple special occasions coming up and has been scouring the thrift shops looking for an outfit or two for almost two months. She found a beautiful long, casual Liz Claiborne dress that was just a little too small that she was hoping to lose weight to get into. She found another that fit well, but she neglected to notice the dry clean only tag - it went from a size 16 to a size 6.

So I decided I'd help her out. She tolerates my dressing, though just barely. At the same time she admires my taste in women's clothing, even though she seldom sees me dressed. I have a few outfits that I thought she would look good in, but she has always been more than reluctant about sharing clothes. I offered them anyway and she did indeed look great in them. It was a lot of fun helping her try my stuff on, and discussing dress styles that enhance the figure. I even offered her one of my very long slips to wear with one of the outfits. She was absolutely delighted with everything.

So I lost three outfits (though they are just being "borrowed") - but this morning I'm wearing that other lovely Liz Claiborne dress - which she offered to me - until she can fit into it, of course!

DonnaLynn77
06-01-2010, 04:36 AM
Now that's a lovely story. :) I like to hear these kind!

Good for you, and hopefully this is just the beginning of a more tolerant attitude for her.

Best of luck,
Donna

BETH H
06-01-2010, 04:48 AM
great story anne maybe next step is to go shopping together dressed :hugs:
beth

annecwesley
06-01-2010, 05:05 AM
great story anne maybe next step is to go shopping together dressed :hugs:
beth

Not until she lets me shave my beard off!

Lady Joan
06-01-2010, 05:23 AM
This was a wonderful read and brought a smile to my face, it reminds me of my shopping outings with my S.O. and makes me look forward to more. Although we can share shoes, we are yet able to share clothing. But that's okay.:)

erickka
06-01-2010, 05:37 AM
How Cool! I guess it is a benefit for some of our S/O's to have a lovely back up plan!

daviolin
06-01-2010, 07:14 AM
I share with my wife also. Even though she hates Daviolin. I just hope soon she will be able to except her. Good luck darling.

AKAMichelle
06-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Great Story. Now you just need a mishap while shaving. Take a hug extra swipe and then you can take it all off.

julia ann
06-01-2010, 09:32 AM
My wife has also gain benifit from a cd husband and I don't think she even knows it, thinks my "condition" has been cured with therapy, however we have been out and as the dutiful husband have gone clothes shopping with her without complaint and have given much input into her fashion selection. Also she has come to me to check her make up for eveness and color selection....maybe she does still know.

JaytoJillian
06-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Great story, and you should count your blessings. My SO would rather be boiled in oil than borrow anything of mine or heed my fashion advice.

Shananigans
06-01-2010, 11:37 AM
That's a good story. Hopefully, she doesn't like any of your outfits too much. There is currently a war between me and my SO over a certain pink dress. (If he is reading this, you know what I'm talking about...and ya can't have it! :D)

But, yes, outfit borrowing...it can get ugly.

Lexine
06-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Thats a great story to share, and surely one that gives hope to the many members here whose SO's are still trying to accept this part of their lives!

Barbara_MacKenzie
06-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Hi Anne, Nice post. I've just bought my wife some tops for her birthday and she is delighted with them (too small for me though). The SA said that if my husband bought me those she'd be delighted, then she said no actualy she would faint!

All goes to prove that a married CD has its advantages and my feminine eye for clothes is improving all the time!

StacyCD
06-01-2010, 02:54 PM
It's way cool that you have a SO that you can share clothes with! Hopefully soon you will be able to go out together dressed as suggested!

kimdl93
06-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Sounds like progress to me. Just knowing she can rely on you to share outfits is helping legitimize this part of you in the relationship. Nothing like adding value!

Naomi Rayne
06-01-2010, 06:21 PM
It is always fantastic to hear things like this. As others have said hopefully this will open her eyes a bit more to your CDing allowing it to be more enjoyable for the both of you. It is really nice that you helped your wife out.

Billijo49504
06-01-2010, 06:51 PM
My wife borrows clothes from me all the time. I just tell he No Problem:heehee:...BJ

Rachel Morley
06-01-2010, 08:05 PM
That is a great story! I love reading things like this :) I'm very happy that you seem to have connected with your wife on this new level. Who knows where this might lead, more acceptance of your obviously constructive and resourceful "hobby" :) (Btw Anne ... I don't prefer to use the term "hobby" but I couldn't think of another non threatening word to use)

Andy66
06-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Aw, how sweet. :)

t-girlxsophie
06-01-2010, 09:35 PM
I hope this is a softening of your Wifes attitude,It is nice that you were there to help her out and I bet you will be so proud to see her looking so good in YOUR Dress.
Its one of the nicest aspects of my Dressing,when I can help my Wife out If she needs an outfit.

Leslie Langford
06-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Great story, and you should count your blessings. My SO would rather be boiled in oil than borrow anything of mine or heed my fashion advice.

Jeez, don't you just hate it when people are wishy-washy and don't say what is really on their minds? :eek::doh::D

Hang in there, Girl - eventually you will wear her down (no pun intended - LOL!). Even glaciers moving at barely perceptible speeds find their paths and are able to push all obstacles out of their way over time.

You have great taste in clothes and your femme presentation is impeccable. What's not to love and admire about that? O.K., maybe a bit of jealousy and insecurity on your SO's part, but give her enough space and don't skimp on the attention directed towards her and she, too, will eventually realize the benefits of having a husband/boyfriend and girlfriend all wrapped up into one.

After many years, my wife is slowly coming around, and I suspect that it is only a matter of time before she finally agrees to meet "Leslie". We've passed all of the other milestones - including telling out grown children - and she knows I go out in public en femme occasionally. She's also seen my recent purchases, is impressed by my taste in women's clothes, and is relying more and more on me to critique new outfits that she puts together since she realizes that I have a good eye for these types of things.

lovedone9
06-02-2010, 09:00 AM
That's great. I wish me and my SO could fit in the same pants and such. We went shopping last night and got a great skirt and tanks for my SO. It looks so good!

annecwesley
06-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Well it is progress. After my wife found out about me, and counseling convinced us that there was no "cure", we struggled through some ground rules. She absolutely prohibited me from wearing anything of hers. But eventually I was able to ask to borrow a couple dresses "That's gorgeous, I wish I had found it, can I try it on sometime?"

She also expressed distast for the idea that some of the gifts I had given her may have been worn by me at one time or another. I gave her one dress she liked, but she could only bring herself to waear it a couple times and wearing my dresses brought my crossdressing too close to her mind. So this is a big step forward.

Right now I'm dressed while she is out doing errands and my children are all out for the day. I hope she likes the fit of the dress she "exchanged" with me, and quite frankly I suspect she'd be surprissed to come home and find that I'm not wearing it since we seldom have the house to ourselves anyway.

Kendra Irene
06-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Not until she lets me shave my beard off!

I had that problem until I needed a passport. When I went to get the picture taked a new rule had come out, ( WAS DROPPED after a few months), asking for NO BEARDS. I jumped on that and the beard was gone. She had never seen me with out one. After 6 months she had accepted it.

Good luck
Kendra