PDA

View Full Version : The Formal Makes It's Debut!

Julie
08-21-2005, 12:44 PM
With the encouragement of you girls here I decided to give my formal dress, which I have owned over a year but never out, it's first public appearance. I figured I could sneak into Escapades, get some pics and be gone before the crowd rolled in. I knew if Keith or Ken (the usual bartenders) saw me they'd have some comments and that would be fun. But I just didn't want to be hanging out at Escapades, which is a blue jeans and t-shirt bar, dressed in a formal gown.

So, when I walked in around 11PM there was no one there but a new bartender. Instead of someone who knew me getting a kick out of my attire I had someone who never met me treating me like I was serious. So I told him the story and he said Keith would be in around 1AM. Well, there was no way I was hanging around til then dressed like that. We talked a while and then two guys, who I also never met, walked in. Wearing that dress in Escapades is just like having a neon sign above my head with an arrow pointing down at me.

The guys both looked at me kinda like I was a side show attraction. Yeah, I told them the story too.

I was getting impatient about anyone I knew coming in so I asked the guys to pose with me and the new bartender to take the picture. Then I retreated to the safety of my home.

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/8-05/formal_debut2.jpg

So now the dress has been seen on me by three whole people. It's now back in the closet, safely stowed under a plastic bag. Maybe some day there will be an event I can wear it to where I won't feel overdressed.

Oh, and the t-shirts those guys are wearing? They are FORMAL t-shirts they rented for the occasion. :rolleyes:

tifftg
08-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Hey girl, that is a terrific looking dress and you look great in it. Now all you need is the right occassion so you can wear it all night long.

Love it.

Tiff

:kewlpics:

Natalie x
08-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Julie, you missed Ascot week here in the UK this year, but you should come next year and wear that dress, you would fit right in (as long as you add a nice big hat). :love:

Laurie Ann
08-21-2005, 02:31 PM
Julie you look very sexy in the dress I'll bet you turned more than a few heads.

Wendy me
08-21-2005, 02:41 PM
way cool love it...nice to get some miles on it ...looking good girlfreind........

Julie
08-21-2005, 03:44 PM
Julie you look very sexy in the dress I'll bet you turned more than a few heads.

There was only three heads to turn and they all turned but not from interest, more like one would when viewing something never seen before :eek:

When I left, I told the bartender if I returned I'd come back dressed normally. Then I added, "But still as a girl!" :D Based on the expression on his face, I don't think he has had much exposure to this kind of thing. But I did the practical thing and stayed home.

Sophia Rearen
08-21-2005, 04:07 PM
Julie,
The dress is so so. But those rental T's! Any idea where they got them?

Laurie Ann
08-21-2005, 06:18 PM
Julie,

With the way you look and as pretty as you are even dressed in a sack you would turn heads regardless of the audience.

Billijo49504
08-21-2005, 06:27 PM
Just one word.WOW!!!!

WandaJones
08-21-2005, 07:31 PM
You're an 'A1' classy chick, Julie ! :thumbsup: :)

Fallen Angel
08-21-2005, 08:26 PM
now thats what i call stepping out in style good for you xxxxxx