PDA

View Full Version : Question to see who would be interested...

Littleone816
06-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Hi all!

As I've said before in the intro, I'm a belly dancer (and girlfriend to the lovely Dame Gerous), and I sent an email in to Be-All to see if next year they might want to offer a belly dancing intro class on one or more of the days (I said I'd be more than happy to teach). I figured it would be a fun time, a bit of levity, and a way to meet everyone and giggle with the girls. My classes were always full of smiles and laughter.

I haven't heard back from them yet (and not expecting to until this year's convention is over), but I wanted to see if the interest would be there. It would be a fun time, and it would teach everyone a new way to move and to have fun!

I just wanted to see if the interest would be there and if anyone would be willing to take one if offered at a CD convention or if offered in general.

*hugs* to all!

Linda

And yes, I will get around to posting pictures... I keep forgetting!

Chloe Renee
06-01-2010, 08:05 AM
One of the non CD Conventions I attend has intro classes for belly dancing, and they are always popular. I haven't been able to attend a class yet since I usually a running events at the same time.

Littleone816
06-01-2010, 09:00 AM
Sweet! Maybe it'll be something they'll consider! I thought it would be a hoot!

AKAMichelle
06-01-2010, 09:13 AM
I have seen the show "Shimy" on TV and tried but my body doesn't like moving like that yet. But I keep trying. So yes I would be interested.

Littleone816
06-01-2010, 09:17 AM
aka Michelle, it takes practice. Some of the moves are tough, and I'm a fanatic on posture. If your posture is not right, the moves are going to be harder, and you could possibly hurt yourself! I've heard good things about that show, but I'm not sure how it is for beginners. I've never seen it.

Good on you for giving it a shot. And if you want some NICE costumes... That's part of the appeal for me, the sparklies:)

Dame Gerous
06-01-2010, 10:05 AM
IF you think the male body can't move the way a woman's does doing belly dance, see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mrAfRJZJxQ

Littleone816
06-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Awww... you posted that for me! I LOVE Jim Boz!

kristine239
06-01-2010, 02:26 PM
TransEvents USA/ the Empire conference may be interested in your proposal.

Check the website www.transeventsusa.org in September when the Call for presenters is posted.

Love Kristine

Littleone816
06-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Kristine,

That sounds like it would be a lot of fun! I will keep my eye on it and contact you guys in Septemberish when you call for presenters!

I've taught in places were discretion was a necessity, and have no problem teaching anyone who wants to learn. And I try to keep my classes and lighthearted and fun as possible!

Thanks for letting me know, and it would be a ball to make the trip out there for it!

Linda

Debutante
06-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Well, yes I would be interested... but only virtually, like in distance learning!
A great way to get intio the female body in oneself...

Billijo49504
06-01-2010, 06:50 PM
I churt just thinking about moving like the guy on the video:D...BJ

Diane Smith
06-02-2010, 12:40 AM
Taking belly dance classes is definitely on my "bucket list" -- so yes, I'd be interested, very much!

- Diane

DanaR
06-02-2010, 01:48 AM
I've always been interested in belly dancing. If you want to learn feminine movement, it is a good place to start. We offered belly dance sessions at Esprit years ago, and they were sparsely attended. Personally I've taken classes off and on for about six years.

Andy66
06-02-2010, 02:07 AM
IF you think the male body can't move the way a woman's does doing belly dance, see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mrAfRJZJxQ
Oh wow, there seems to be a lot of male belly dancers on Youtube, and some are really good. I'm intrigued, and I don't know why it never occurred to me that guys could do this. :doh: