PDA

View Full Version : a womens work is never done

julia ann
06-01-2010, 09:19 AM
had the rare day off work, kids are school, wife is in Florida visiting parents. the perfect day.Since the house has been let go a bit with three males coming and going all the time a women touch was needed to clean things up . Got dressed minutes after the kids left and put Julia to work. Laundry dishes bathrooms just an over all house cleaning. Of course sipping a tea on the patio was also called for as all of the neighbors are off at work and it is somewhat secluded anyway. all in all it has been a great day and women complain about housework I can't wait to do it again.

Nicole Erin
06-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Not being able to wait to do it again, you said 3 males running around the house.

Now this I promise - the 3 males will ensure there is plenty of work to be done around the house. Just don't get discouraged when all your hard work goes donw the crapper by the day's end. :heehee:

Persephone
06-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Sounds like you had a really fun day, Julia Ann! But just wait, by the fifth year or so of daily housework the fun level goes down :).

Freddy12
06-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Enjoy the time you have. Getting out of the house and doing some shopping enfemme would be a great experience as well, I bet!

StacyCD
06-01-2010, 03:09 PM
I enjoy the rare times that I can dress and do domestic stuff around the house.

Tamara Croft
06-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Don't mean to burst you bubble... but 'womens work'... come on... don't be sexist!!

DonniDarkness
06-01-2010, 03:18 PM
yeah what she said....(says the house dad)

sissystephanie
06-01-2010, 03:22 PM
I have been the "women's" work around my house for the 5 years now that my wife has been gone. I would be glad to trade off with somebody. As Persephone said, it does become work!! I did a lot of it before she died, but now I have to do all of it!

minalost
06-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Don't mean to burst you bubble... but 'womens work'... come on... don't be sexist!!

Sorry Tamara, but some of us like to THINK of it as woman's work just because it makes us feel more feminine when we do it. I KNOW it's sexist, but I'm old enough to be somewhat "programed" into thinking some things (killing the bear, dragging the bear home...) are for "men folk" to do, and some things (skinning the bear, cooking the bear...) are for the "women folk" to do.

FYI: I do far more of the the house work (cleaning and what not) than my wife does. It has nothing to do with preconceived notions of what's men's work and what's women's work; it's mainly because I have more time to do it than she does...
:hugs:

AKAMichelle
06-02-2010, 08:11 AM
You just had the highlight housecleaning duties. You would complain if it was an everyday.

suchacutie
06-02-2010, 12:02 PM
I've noticed that my femme self, Tina, is incredibly fastidious. She wants her world tidy! This is very useful in the sense that when my male self just can't quite get something detailed done, Tina does it incredibly well, incredibly fast, and enjoys it!

But back to the point of the thread: Changing gender takes and immense attention to detail. Is it possible that attention to detail is simply a part of our femme selves, in general? Is is possible that the desire for a tidy home just goes with the territory of the desire to transform ourselves with all that detail that is necessary? Is there a parallel here?

I do admit that Tina has no interest in going outside and getting dirty in the garden! Hmmm, that makes sense because that isn't tidy, is it?

This also could be the source of this thread's use of "women's work" in that we have to be organized to maintain our other gender, and being tidy and fastidious is just the natural extension! How can we feel well dressed in the midst of chaos?

just a thought!

tina