PDA

View Full Version : Noisy shoes

prw230
06-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Why are womens shoes so noisy?
I know that many crossdressers like the "clomp, clomp, clomp" sound that womens shoes make. It reminds us that we are wearing womens shoes.
But, why do women wear such noisy shoes? Do they like the sound too?

Michaela42
06-01-2010, 09:32 AM
No idea. I have always assumed that it was a way to "announce" to the world that a woman is present :heehee:

Nicole Erin
06-01-2010, 09:34 AM
I don't care for noisy shoes. They just draw attention
It would not be hard to make shoes that are quiet.

PortiaHoney
06-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Let's be sensible. You are talking about heeled shoes where, instead of a large cross section to take your 60-160kg weight, it is concentrated in a small section about 10mm square. AND, just so they don't wear out too quickly, the are made of a much harder material. Sometimes the centre is made of metal to improve strength and longetivity. Just have a look at how much more area there is in a man's shoes heel to take the weight.

Umm, no. I didn't go to astrophysics school to work that one out.

Clomp, clomp, clomp OR click, click, click. I prefer the click myself. Maybe the question should be, "Why do we like the sound of women's shoes?". Especially on tiled floors in big empty rooms.

Sorry if that seems harsh. Hard day today and another tomorrow.

:eek:

Sweeterica
06-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Very true girl,spot on i say. Sorry you had hard day.

PortiaHoney
06-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Thank you Erica. Yes, you are sweet. My day just got better.

Once again, sorry if I seemed harsh. :hugs:

minalost
06-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Let's be sensible. You are talking about heeled shoes where, instead of a large cross section to take your 60-160kg weight, it is concentrated in a small section about 10mm square. AND, just so they don't wear out too quickly, the are made of a much harder material. Sometimes the centre is made of metal to improve strength and longetivity. Just have a look at how much more area there is in a man's shoes heel to take the weight.

Umm, no. I didn't go to astrophysics school to work that one out.

Clomp, clomp, clomp OR click, click, click. I prefer the click myself. Maybe the question should be, "Why do we like the sound of women's shoes?". Especially on tiled floors in big empty rooms.

Sorry if that seems harsh. Hard day today and another tomorrow.

:eek:

I agree, the question should be "Why do we like the sound of women's shoes?" For me, it's the same reason I like dangly earings, the brush of hair on the back of my neck from a long wig, or the smell of my own perfume...
:hugs:

debbeelee1
06-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Well said Minalost! Those things you mentioned are very much a great part of crossdressing! I really do like the clack, clack of high heels on a hard surface!

Persephone
06-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Makes guys look?

mister-mason
06-01-2010, 12:01 PM
For the record, as someone who spent over a decade wearing high heels when the social occasion demanded it, a lot of the 'clonk' is how you walk in them. :->

My very-obsessed-with-being-ladylike society grandmother trained me carefully in walking 'properly' in heels, at which point they're no noiser than hard-leather-soled men's dress shoes.

Regular shoes, especially guy shoes, train you to strike the ground heel-first. Because the high heels are so much longer than your own, if you walk this way you get what my grandma called 'the cowboy-boots walk' -- and lots of clomping.

Practice at home walking around on your tiptoes barefoot (or in socks) to buff up your muscles and get the right sorts of habits, and THEN try heels again; it leads to a very different (and quieter) walk, where the toe and heel of the shoe hit just about simultaneously (which means if you were barefoot, your toe would go very much first) or even toe-only; my grandmother claimed it was 'vulgar' to over-rely on the heels to hold you up.

Mind, I'm not saying this is the only 'truly feminine' way to walk, just that if the noise bothers you, there are options. :-> My grandmother was, um, very opinionated about a LOT of things being vulgar, and some of them I do every day anyhow.

charlie
06-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Hello PRW!
From your post numbers I assume you are new here and want to welcome you to the forum. I hope you get as much help, information and support as I do! When you ask a question here you always not only get lots of answers, but you feel that you are not alone. That said, you should not hear "clomp, clomp, clomp" in women's shoes....a sexy "click, click, click" is so much better!

Andy66
06-01-2010, 12:41 PM
A floor tile guy told me once that because the heel of the shoe is so small, a woman walking in heels can create as much force per square inch as an elephant. High heels can break floor tiles. :eek:

nikkijo
06-01-2010, 12:48 PM
A floor tile guy told me once that because the heel of the shoe is so small, a woman walking in heels can create as much force per square inch as an elephant. High heels can break floor tiles. :eek:

if stepping just wrong this is true... especially on a very narrow stiletto. its lmost akin to striking with a ball pein hammer

marcy77
06-01-2010, 05:02 PM
I don't care for noisy shoes. They just draw attention
It would not be hard to make shoes that are quiet.

I don't care for noisy shoes either. They make these stickers that fit on the bottom of the shoe for grip that is rubbery that will quiet the noise significantly. I have to cut a little piece for the heel and I like putting super glue on it for a secure fit. I had these cute oxford pumps with a thick heel on them that were so noisy I never wanted to wear them. But after putting on the sticker they are now one of my favorite shoes to wear.

I don't know why women like the clicky sound but as far as I'm concerned, I don't like it. I don't feel I have to emulate everything that is typically feminine. If a makeup product is too messy, I don't wear it. If a dress is to tight I don't buy it. And if shoes are too noisy I don't wear them. There's nothing wrong with being atypical. Write your own rules and be the kind of woman YOU want to be.:2c:

minalost
06-01-2010, 08:06 PM

As an Ex-Floor-guy, I can vouch for this. You should see what heals can do to a wood or vinyl floor covering!
:hugs:

Joanie_Shakti
06-01-2010, 10:12 PM
I remember once reading that when the first commercial airline flights started, they had to reinforce the floors due to women's heels preforating them.

I myself like the sound of heels. I automatically look towards the direction of the sound hoping to see a nice woman or at least a nice pair of heels. There were a couple of guys at work whose shoes sounded like women's shoes. I always hated looking to discover it was one of them.

Diane Smith
06-02-2010, 12:35 AM
I love the sound of "clicky" high heels when I'm dressed up!

But I sometimes regret it when I'm in "mostly boy" mode and want to be inconspicuous.

I have shoes with a variety of different heel designs and tip materials, and can usually find one appropriate to the circumstances, though. Some are much louder than others.

I recently bought a pair of Nine West pumps with a 4" heel that are fairly loud (not the noisiest I own, though), but more important, the "tone" of them is just a perfect high-heels sound -- when I walk on concrete or a tile floor in those, everybody around knows a stylish woman is nearby. I love it.

- Diane

DawnRodgers
06-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Think about it. Why would someone want to wear a high heeled shoe that makes ones legs look sexy and make that loud, echoey click, tap sound that bounces like crazy. I know when I hear that I immediately search out the gal who's making that deightful noise because a woman in heels is usually sexy as all get out. She'll usually be in a skirt or dress, nicely dressed, have on nylons and I will so want to be her. Mostly to check out the shoes she's wearing but when I'm in fem mode I love the noise they make because every guy that's around swivels his head to check out the lady making that sexy noise. I love the attention it gets as do most of the GG's I know.

Loni
06-02-2010, 01:05 AM
at the bank today heard the "sound" and a cute girl walked by, short but not to short skirt (works in the bank) and boots...but no nylons on :-( would have made her legs look so much better.
some bare knees need nylons.

and no fetish for me...i think:eek: :heehee:

AriannaVillota
06-02-2010, 01:21 AM
at the bank today heard the "sound" and a cute girl walked by, short but not to short skirt (works in the bank) and boots...but no nylons on :-( would have made her legs look so much better.
some bare knees need nylons.

and no fetish for me...i think:eek: :heehee:

it's a bit too warm for nylons :heehee:

prw230
06-03-2010, 02:59 PM
I said "clomp" in the original post because that was what popped into my head first. Click is probably more appropriate.
I know the sound to me means I am wearing my sexy shoes & it reminds me of this. Sometimes in public, I don't want to draw the attention, so I walk more on the balls of my feet, but it is uncomfortable to me to walk this way.
I have noticed many women making noise with their shoes, so if it has to do with walking properly, then many women have not learned it also.
I was just wondering why GG's would want to wear noisy shoes. I don't think they all want to draw attention to their legs. Also, I'm sure there is a way to make them more quiet without wearing down the heels too quickly.

tricia_uktv
06-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Clip clop, we love it don't we. It draws attention to ourselves as what we are?

Andy66
06-04-2010, 12:46 AM
I was just wondering why GG's would want to wear noisy shoes. I don't think they all want to draw attention to their legs. Also, I'm sure there is a way to make them more quiet without wearing down the heels too quickly.
Speaking only for myself, I never thought about doing something to shoes to make them quieter. I just figured some clicking just naturally happens with heels, and it's where I walk that makes the most difference - the type of flooring, acoustics and other noise in the area.

Also I never thought of the shoes drawing attention specifically to my legs, just to the fact that I am present... which sort of gives me a feeling of power. :heehee:

By the way, I get the same feeling from the click of my masculine dress shoes. When I buy some (men's) cowboy boots I'll have to let you know about those too. I'm sure they'll make a satisfying click/clomp. Hmmm... maybe I should get spurs too. :thinking:

erickka
06-04-2010, 05:58 AM
I have many pair of shoes that can be annoyingly noisy. I find that if I walk like a lady, they just have that mellow "look at me, I'm wearing heels" click to them. If I really want to draw attention, I just make my stride a little longer, and come down on the heels a little harder.

dominique
06-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Waited many years to get my shoes, the noise they make is wonderful and the noise of a woman.

carbonara
06-04-2010, 11:25 AM
I remember once reading that when the first commercial airline flights started, they had to reinforce the floors due to women's heels preforating them.

I myself like the sound of heels. I automatically look towards the direction of the sound hoping to see a nice woman or at least a nice pair of heels. There were a couple of guys at work whose shoes sounded like women's shoes. I always hated looking to discover it was one of them.

I have to admit that I happen to be one of those, my dress shoes for work do have that click clomp sound, prob cuz of the very thin sole and the slightly raised wooden heel section.

Though I have to admit a nice pair of heels has a very different, distinct sound to them that makes me look out for its source.

Deborah Jane
06-04-2010, 12:39 PM
But, why do women wear such noisy shoes?

Womens shoes were originally designed by men!
The idea of them being noisy, is that it stops them sneaking up on us :D

t-girlxsophie
06-04-2010, 01:44 PM
I quite like the sound of my heels clicking away as I walk,kinda comforting.when my wife and I chatted on the phone before we met,she loved to hear the noise It made too

tamarav
06-04-2010, 01:47 PM
I also thought that noisy women's shoes sort of announced their imminent arrival and I glanced to see who was wearing them.

My work is all laminated flooring which resounds with my 5 inch heels as I stroll from place to place. Since I am the only one of 7 girls in the salon that wears heels they always know where I am. The other girls have an innate sense of comfort that I don't quite understand.

MrKunk
06-04-2010, 02:16 PM
I will be looking at shoes soon, they will most likely be flats, pumps or a very tiny
heel because of walking issues. I am also looking at inflatable breasts and a wig.
Maybe some blouses in the near future after that.

Nancie64
06-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Love the sound! If I hear the click, click, click, I know that I am not dragging my feet. Makes me walk like a lady should. Love those heels.

carysmarie
06-05-2010, 11:12 AM
I love the sound of heels coming down the street or over any hard surface and love them even more when their on my feet, i've not been out dressd up but we do have wooden flooring in the house and does sound just as good. But no idea why they sound so noisy but am glad :battingeyelashes:

abigailf
06-05-2010, 11:41 AM
I like my shoes for the look and feel. Not so much the sound.