PDA

View Full Version : The color pink

Lori_Anne
06-01-2010, 02:32 PM
“Pink” I just love it! Just curious how many of you like pink too, and is it that you like the color pink or is it the feminine aspect of it?
For me it’s both.

Tamara Croft
06-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Well, I'm a genetic woman... but I love pink :D and I know when a certain 'Sheila' reads this... she will kill me :devil: But I think pink is awesome and I'm painting my bedroom pink :D

Dame Gerous
06-01-2010, 02:40 PM
For me pink isn't really doable though I do like it and use it as more of an accent color. I much more prefer VIBRANT reds and nice blues. What can I say. Deep down I'm an American CD!

Kathi Lake
06-01-2010, 02:44 PM
You know, it's funny. Now that I think about it, the only pink clothes I have are guy's shirts. :)

Of course, I do use pink occasionally. For instance, the color Argenteeny Pinkini is what is on my toes right now.

:)

Kathi

StacyCD
06-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Not much pink stuff for me! I like 'brighter' colors.

charlie
06-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Hello Lori!
Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy the comments, support and knowing that you belong here as much as I do! The color pink. Yes, I have a skirt suit in pink complete with pink bag and heels. I often don pink lipstick and do the nails in pink too! In male mode I have a pink shirt or two. It could be because I like the color because it is considered feminine...or maybe I just like it. Probably both.

mister-mason
06-01-2010, 03:24 PM
I hope a comment from the other side of "Trans Avenue" is welcome ...

I was vehemently allergic to pink in any form (except HOT hot screaming pink, which -- since I grew up in the 80s -- is almost a 'neutral' to me, like black or navy) up to a few months ago.

It wasn't the color itself, it was my *history* with the color: being crammed into ruffly pink stuff for 'special' occasions and then being yelled at for getting it dirty or torn.

However, since having a daughter, I've been forced to coexist with pink items. You can't hardly BUY anything that doesn't have at least a tiny stripe of pale pink or baby blue on it, for kids, lately. That's its own problem, but the part that's relevant is that small amounts seem to be 'immunizing' me against my former 'allergy'. :->

I still don't see myself donning pink frilly dresses anytime soon, but I've been able to handle cute-ing up the kid without spurring on my dysphoria recently.

Interesting piece of trivia: until just before World War 2, 'pink' was considered a very manly boy-color, because it was light red, whereas light blue was for girls (especially among Catholic Americans, because it's Mary's color).

Danielle Gee
06-01-2010, 03:34 PM
I like pink. In fact, I get lots of comments from people in my family about my newly-remodeled pink bathroom. They all look at it funny cuz they know I don't share it with Mrs Gee.

Danielle

minalost
06-01-2010, 04:10 PM
I hope I don't lose my CD union card for this but I'v never liked pink :eek:, even enfemme. Not a big fan of yellow either. Much prefer red, burgandy, teal...
:hugs:

Raine
06-01-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm not too big on pink. I sooner prefer fire-truck red.

Lori_Anne
06-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Interesting answers across the board. I have 4 daughters that would not be caught dead in pink. I guess the grand daughter and I are the only girls in the house that can’t get enough of it! :heehee:

Tanks for the input

Cassandra Lynn
06-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Absolutely love it, but as i put a wardrobe together, i'll prolly go easy on it. Blouses and accent items would be OK. But for femme unders and other stuff, yes, yes, yes. mj (Cassie)

Jamiegirl1
06-01-2010, 05:53 PM
I absolutely love pink,I have a pink & white dress,a couple of pink blouses ,pink high heeled mules,also 2 pink 2-piece bikinis,and love to paint my toenails pink and occasionally fingernails.

Kayla Shadows
06-01-2010, 06:03 PM
I like pink in moderation.There was a hot pink and black corset i was just looking at..and a phone cover.I think Im getting the purple though.That I adore.Pink flowers are cute.There is a place I know that has cherry trees that lining a long driveway.When the flowers drop its like a pink carpet.Very pretty

Marcia Blue
06-01-2010, 06:15 PM
While I prefer blues, pink is ok in my book. I have few casual items that are pink, not a pale pink but full on pink. I think pink is fun.

ReineD
06-01-2010, 06:24 PM
I hated pink all though growing up. I did not want to be a girly-girl when I was little. And to this day I won't have anything pink in my house, lol. But, I do have a cute pink sweater now and a few pink things I sleep in, since I met my SO. :)

BRANDYJ
06-01-2010, 06:36 PM
I have always liked most anything pink. That is except for those darn pink plastic flamingos that Florida newbies insist on decorating their yard with. Being a big Elvis fan, his favorite colors were black and pink. I'm not even sure it's because of my being TG. The only clothes I have that are pink is one full slip, some panties and a bra....no outer clothes.
But when I had to wear a suit to work everyday back in the 70's, I wore pink shirts all the time. Loved them with burgundy ties and a grey suit.

Bikini Babe Claire
06-01-2010, 07:39 PM
I Absolutely LOVE Pink, Its My Favourite Colour:battingeyelashes:

Persephone
06-01-2010, 07:57 PM
I love pink! Why not? I've fought long and hard for my girl-given right to wear pink. And I think I look pretty good in it too!

My pink passion spills over into boy world as well since my Blackberry® is pink. (Is a pink Blackberry an oxymoron? I mean, it isn't like I named the damn thing Blackberry).

I too have heard the information that Mister Mason contributed, that pink was originally a boy color, but it ain't now, and this girl loves pink!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Jeannie
06-01-2010, 08:04 PM
It's funny but I really didn't care for pink that much until lately, maybe about the time I told my wonderful wife that I was a CD'er. Now I love the color and as a matter of fact I have a pink skirt on right now. It's one my wife gave me. I just love it and it's almost worn out, but I still like to wear it. Since I'm not going out anywhere it's really OK that it's faded a little bit. PINK, PINK, PINK. Ahh, down girl it will pass.

Jeannie xxxooo girls.

Rachel Morley
06-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Me too! ... yeah, yeah .... I know, it's obvious and some might argue very predictable for a CDer, but I can't help it. I love pink (and purple!) :)

PattiMichaels
06-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Nope...never liked pink...maybe because without a tan, it looks way too washed out on me.

PretzelGirl
06-01-2010, 08:49 PM
I really like pink also. But I do try and keep it tempered in my clothing choices. I don't need an overflowing closet of pink and sometimes, you just have to have something different.

Miley
06-01-2010, 09:07 PM
I love pink. Most of my panties and bras are pink. Just love it

Cheryl James
06-01-2010, 09:26 PM
I was just thinking about this while driving tonight. As a guy I prefer blue and really don't like pink at all. As Cheryl, I can't get enough pink. There really is a duality at work here, I believe.

susan fuller
06-01-2010, 09:34 PM
I love pink and reds. I have some outfits that are pink including a western cowgirl skirt and top.

t-girlxsophie
06-01-2010, 09:59 PM
I simply adore Pink,My wardrobe is full of Pink Clothing,lingerie and even Jewellery I love pink lippy,and nail varnish too.I love both the Femenine Aspect of it,but also I just think its a nice happy Colour,Its even crossed over into my Drab side

Barbara Jo
06-01-2010, 09:59 PM
I also love the color pink.

Presently, I have my bathroom decorated in pink,white and pastel blues.
Yeah it is a "girly-girl" theme but, it's my bathroom. :)

Lucy_Bella
06-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Blue for boys pink for girls, I like pink for that reason . The fem aspect that it is tied to..Now I would never paint my room pink..Ahem .. Tam.

Lori_Anne
06-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Color Pink:
Pink is the color of universal love. Pink is a quiet color. Lovers of beauty favor pink. A pink carnation means "I will never forget you".

Pink Energy:
Pink is a combination of red and white. The quality of energy in pink is determined by how much red is present. White is the potential for fullness, while red helps you to achieve that potential. Pink combines these energies. Shades of deep pink, such as magenta, are effective in neutralizing disorder and violence. Some prisons use limited deep pink tones to diffuse aggressive behaviour.
Pink provides feelings of caring, tenderness, self-worth and love, acceptance.

Put some pink in your life when you want:
calm feelings
to neutralize disorder
relaxation
acceptance, contentment

Pink gem stone properties:
Pink gemstones can be used to promote love, self-worth, order and protection from violence or aggression.
Carry or place pink gemstones around your home or office to stimulate love and beauty.

Wearing Pink:
Wear pink when you want to present yourself as a peaceful, calm person who is not threatening. The softer shades will alleviate feelings of friction.

joanna marie
06-02-2010, 01:34 AM
Interesting piece of trivia: until just before World War 2, 'pink' was considered a very manly boy-color, because it was light red, whereas light blue was for girls (especially among Catholic Americans, because it's Mary's color).

In old England blue was considered the Queen's color and red was the King's color
thus light blue for girls and pink for boys

I'm not sure why it reversed.

I've always liked the color pink