PDA

View Full Version : "Kissproof" Lipstick misshaps ;-)

MarinaTwelve200
08-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Back in the late fifties and 60's A few companies made some really "Kissproof" lipsticks---their claim was to last 24 hours or more. Dont ask why they dont make them now, when today an 8 hour lipstick is supposed to be a big deal.

Well, when I was 13 or so, many of my friends would go out as "girls" on Halloween--That seemed to be the big thing for 12-15 year old boys in the early 60's. I would ocasionally CD at home, in secret, but there was NO WAY I would go out like that even on Halloween. It was fun to watch though. I usually dressed in more scarry stuff, like "death". One Saturday night Halloween was no exception.

Two days later, a friend of mine, "Charles", told me he had attended church the next day and had seen "Paul", a mutual friend, who had moved some distance away the year before, so he couldn't trick or treat with us the previous night. To Charles' surprise, Paul was wearing dark red lipstick. People were looking at him and snickering. "Paul told Charles that he dressed like a girl the night before, and to his horror, he couldnt get the lipstick off."--His folks made him go to church anyway---as Catholics could NOT miss church. :D

Me and Charles had a good laugh. Later, when i met Paul, myself I asked him about it. His makeup person (Big sister)had put on some of his mother's new kissproof lipstick by mistake(?), pryor to going out trick or treeting. He couldnt get the lipstick off when he got home later.
Paul said he tried everything, soap, water, cold creams, I think he even tried kerosene before he gave up and it was decided it would have to wear off. It stayed intact well through sunday, and there were still traces of it left monday. He said he learned his lesson , he was never gonna dress like a girl for holloween again.

His story sort of shook me. :eek: I started testing any of my mother's new lipsticks on my wrist before I would even dare try them in my CD. Later I read ads that the stuff paul used either "Hazel Bishop" or "Coty 24" was suposed to last at least 24 hours.-----I dont see it around now days though.

Have any of you ever had an experience like Pauls? What happened when you found you couldnt get your lipstick off?--- :D

Wendy me
08-21-2005, 02:37 PM
way too funny did you ever check up on paul and see if he cd's now???

Rachael Warren
08-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Hmmm. kissproof lipstick?

I suppose this could be the closet crossdressers dream, no lipstick on your washing, no suspission from the wife.

Shame she would see it on your lips though. :D

Rachael.

MarinaTwelve200
08-21-2005, 04:04 PM
way too funny did you ever check up on paul and see if he cd's now???

No, I havent seen Paul for many years---Same for Charles---I beleive Charles would be more prone to it though---He always seemed to look foreward to halloween way too much, and would even pick up an ocsional fem item like a scarf and dress and say "Hey , this will be great for Halloween".

That SO MANY boys in my age group CDed for Halloween in the 60's makes me suspicious that CDing may be a LOT more common than we can imagine.---James Mitchner , the author mentioned how very common CD is in countries (like Afganistan) where there is a High degree of "sexual Dimorphisim" (difference between the sexes) Perhaps the Sexual Dimorphisim of the 50s and 60's could account for why so many of us raised in that era are so prone to CD.

Katrina
08-21-2005, 07:22 PM
I remember that my mom had some old lipstick that my sister and I used. It was stuff that would stain the lips and not come off. I don't remember actually using that stuff but to this day, I always test all cosmetics to see how difficult they are to remove. I had that problem with waterproof mascara. I used some and I couldn't get it off (I had no eye makeup remover) so I had to resort to liquid soap.

Oh...and I have only dressed as a girl one halloween. I went as Britney Spears several years ago - school girl outfit. That was lots of fun.