PDA

View Full Version : For my friends.......and future ones

DonniDarkness
06-02-2010, 07:01 AM
I just wanted to share something with everyone, this past year of self-acceptance and the decision to be honest to myself, has led me to a place where i need a friend in all this, aside from my wife. Now, before you jump to conclusions let me finish.

My cousin, lets call her Bambi here, has been one of my closest friends growing up, we have been there for each other during bad break-ups, family issues, and all the other things true friends do for each other. For a very long time, even I had long thought, before i came out of denial, if i were to come-out she would be the first one to know.

Yesterday morning i told Bambi.

However i did not include my wife in this decision and i usually include her in all my decisions. Here was my logic: ultimately it is my decision, if i felt i needed Bambi to know, so i can have a friend outside of my marriage, and if my wife had reservations about it and talked me down, i did not want to regret including her in this decision. Because if she had said she didnt feel comfortable with it, i would surely have regretted it. I did not think it would be fair to me, since i have been pawning over this for a very long time anyhow.

After i told Bambi, I told Sugarmomma that i told Bambi.

Sugarmomma, was a little shocked at first, but knows how close me and my cousin are. I explained my reasoning and need to have someone else to talk to outside of our marriage on a friend basis, and Bambi was the only person i trusted enough with my CDing, besides her. I gave her some time to digest all this. Later she said "hey, i understand why you told her, im hurt a little hurt that you feel you need someone other than me to talk to, but your right its your decision. Does this change where you are going? Is this the step to coming out to the world?"

Yikes!!.....Again!!......./Facepalm

I still feel she thinks that i want to transition into full time girl....when I just want to be able to not have to lie to one of my closet friends when they ask me "Whats bothering you Donni".....all ive been able to say all these years is "its personal, i cant talk about it".....and i have been yelled at by Bambi over the years "how the hell am i supposed to be there for you, when you wont tell me whats wrong!"

So, now she knows why i had never said anything before.

Yesterday, Bambi sent me a text "Good morning Sunshine"

i said this: I have something to tell you ive been wanting to tell you for a long time but i did not your opinion of me to change....And i need sworn secrecy here until i say its ok to tell people.

She asks: ok, i love you unconditionaly , But what is it?

Seriously i said only this: Your cousin is a drag queen

She said: Ok, cool, that explains a lot actually.....wait do you like the boys too?

I said: Well, bi curious, but i prefer women. How do you mean "that explains a lot?"

She says: Your not like the other guys i know, never have been, people love that about you. Wow you really were in denial, werent you.

We continued a great conversation about my CDing, how long ive been doing it, and a ton of other questions (that were pretty typical)

After a few hours went by i got this text:

Donni, i just want you to know that nothing you ever do will change my opinion of you. You could show up with a body in your trunk; and i would grab a shovel...If anything changed at all, it is that i respect you even more for expressing yourself and being you for you

I melted inside.....Im glad it was a text, because i was so choked up i couldnt even speak.

For those of you that put your time in to help me over the last few months, Thank you

For those of you who help others here, Thank you

For the rest of you, Keep reading this site, you will find things here that will help you keep your sanity and light the path on dark days

To my friends
-Donni-

Cassandra Lynn
06-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Great post, thank you so much, it was just what i needed to hear today. Congrats on this big decision and to your cousin as well, for being such a great person. Bless you and yours. mj (Cassie)

Jenny Doolittle
06-02-2010, 07:44 AM
OMG, That is why I love this Forum. It is stories like yours that keep us all believing that support is there for us all.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Jenny

KayleeDahl
06-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Truly a great post! thanks for sharing

Hugs
Kaylee

bobi jean
06-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Your story actually brought tears, and I'm noteven on hormones YET!!
thanks for sharing it, and please give your cousin a big hug for me, and I'm sure a lot of others on here as well. what a great person your cousin is.....

kimdl93
06-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Great post Donni. I think that things are lookin' up for you. Your wife seems to be honestly trying to understand, and now having your Cousin's understanding, it may be easier still to get there.

As for the concern about what direction you're going...I think the point to make to your wife is that you are who you have always been and being open with her & your cusing gives you a way to relieve the discord that has been troubling you.

We go in lots of different directions, but life is never static. Certainly, you'll continue to evolve, but that doesn't necessarily mean full time or transition.

DonniDarkness
06-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Thankyou kim,

The relationship with my wife continues to grow daily, in the last month i have watched her go thru a change in her outlook of crossdressing and drag. She has helped me with my makeup, hair, and style. Along with, being genuinely outspoken about what she likes about it and what she doesnt like about it.

Ru Paul was the first drag queen i ever saw in my life, i was about 13 years old staying up on a Friday night to watch the Tonight Show with Leno. When i saw her walk out on stage i knew at that moment (though i did not fully understand myself yet), that there were other boys out there who liked to wear girls clothes, it gave me some hope. Her elegance and poise was inspiring.

With that said, last week i was surfing the web and found Ru pauls drag race season one, i watched an episode online and then immediately found a dowload for the whole season. Sugarmomma loves Americas next top model and i thought this show was a fun parody and relative to us in a way. We both watched it this week while we ate dinner. Girls, i could literally watch Sugars outlook, opinion, inhibitions and understanding change before my very eyes. The reason i bring this up in this thread is because, before we watched this show i think she was still a little reserved about it all.

At the point in the show when they bring the girl street fighters in for a drag makeover one of the girls asked Phoebe; So, do you dress like a woman everyday?

Phoebe's answer: You know that is the most common misconception about us, they think because we wear womens' clothes we want to be women. But that is not true, we are men who create an illusion, when the illusion is over we go back to being boys.

Sugarmomma was sitting next to me and after Phoebe says this, Sugar puts her arm around me and gave me a hug. I knew at that second she was truly starting to understand me.
She has been so enthused about the show, shes asked after we watched season one finale last night if there was a season 2 already!! Then we talked about drag clubs and if there were any in Jacksonville FL, where my cousin and "New Sister" lives. I said yes i think so. I talked to Bambi later (and lol i swear) and she said "hell yeah i go all the damn time with my girlfriends, next time you two are here ill take you"

Things are definately looking up for me and my path is getting brighter by the day...

Again Thankyou all,
-Donni-

Sheila
06-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Donni, fingers crossed :) it is always good to hear when someone makes another break through & hopefully your wife will join us here one day :)

DonniDarkness
06-04-2010, 08:46 AM
I hope so too, Sheila. I can only offer it to her, i can not push her to do it. It will have to be in her own time and her own will.
When i ask, she has said: well im really fine, if i have any questions, i know its there.

So, i guess, i am content to know that she has it here if she needs it. On the other hand, i am happy to know that she is shaping her own opinions in all this and not being misguided by some of the hostility here amongst our own.

AKAMichelle
06-04-2010, 09:14 AM
that makes a lot of pain that you have dealt with worth while when you get to the end and you find acceptance. I am so glad for you.

Lexine
06-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Phoebe's answer: You know that is the most common misconception about us, they think because we wear womens' clothes we want to be women. But that is not true, we are men who create an illusion, when the illusion is over we go back to being boys.

This is seriously going on my Facebook profile as one of my quotes. :)

In all the weeks I've known you, you've been struggling quite a bit to try and better convey your thoughts and your feelings about this thing that we do to your wife, and by coming out to your cousin you're now able to have someone to talk to that's much closer to your inner circle and can be of immediate help to you.

Keep us abreast (yes, punny, I know lol) of the situation and know that you'll always have a friend in us :)

sandra-leigh
06-11-2010, 04:35 PM
I don't go back to being a boy :D On the other hand, me dressing in drab clothes is the exception and when I'm done that, I go back to my gal clothes.

Drag Queens, though -- yes, the traditional definition of them is that it is a performance and they would rather change back to their usual clothes afterwards. I've never been a drag queen, though.

Karen564
06-11-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm so happy for you Donni, :hugs:

Keeping secrets really sucks...so it's load off your chest when you finally let the ones you love in on it...instead of the old line ...aww, it's nothing, it'll pass....when they asked whats wrong..

Words can do no justice about how I really feel now ever since I let my family in on my lifelong secret ...of course it had it's down moments at 1st, but it's been so much more uplifting after it all sank in..so now that my life is an open book, they now see the real me & much happier person because of it....:)

Best Wishes...:hugs:

tammygirl79
06-14-2010, 01:21 AM
What a great story, very positive & uplifting! Glad to hear your "coming out" to your cousin was a positive one! :)