PDA

View Full Version : From customer to Sales Associate

Renee
06-03-2010, 12:07 AM
Today has been a wonderful day. I decided today to go shopping for Renee as it had been several months since I had been able to do so. I headed out in drab (as usual) to my favorite dress store. Upon entering, a nice Sales Associate named Kathy, welcomed me and asked if she could help me in any way. I told her that I was just shopping around and would certainly summon her when I needed help. I looked through the new dresses and then spotted a dress rack that was 50% off. I immediately went to check it out. I found 3 dresses that might be candidates for purchase when Kathy came by and asked if I was Birthday shopping. I said with a smile, "no, I am me shopping." Kathy smiled back and offered to hang my selections at the register, to which I replied that I wasnt sure about them yet. Kathy said to just let her know if she could help and went her way. As I was looking at the sales rack some more I noticed a lady in the fitting area looking around. She looked at me and asked "what do you think about this dress?" It was a teal sheath dress with ruffles around it from the top to the bottom. I told her that the color was good for her, but the dress just didnt pop on her. Then I said "the right dress will scream out at you when you try it on. You wont have to ask anyone if it is the right one." She went and changed and came over to the sales rack that I was still looking through. I asked if she was buying a dress for a special ocassion and she said that she needed a dress for a formal party that her daughter was having. She said that she wore uniforms all of the time, being a nurse, and had said that she was going to wear a pant outfit to the party. The daughter told her not at my party. So here she was shopping for a dress and not knowing what to look for. We talked for a while and she told me her name was Brandy. After we looked at the dresses on the sales rack and didnt find anything really formal enough, it hit me. I told Brandy to come with me and took her to the back wall where there were racks of formal attire. I told Brandy that I had in mind the perfect outfit if I could fing one there. Then I spotted it. A maroon outfit with palazzo pants and a beaded top with a sheer overlay on the top and surrounding the pants. The overlay flowed at the bottom of the pants and you couldn't tell that they were acutally pants and not a long flowing dress. Brandy almost screamed "OMG, that is perfect if we can find it in my size." We found it and she almost ran into the fitting room to try it on. When she came out to show me, I almost fell over. She was beautiful in it. Brandy exclaimed, "Now this outfit is screaming out to me!" About that time an associate (that I normally shop with in that store) named Linda came over and remarked on how pretty the outfit was on Brandy. Brandy told her that I had found it and that she loved it. Linda told her "well, if Renee picked it out then you can be sure that it will be the right one for you." I could feel myself blushing. Brandy then said "Well I have been shopping for 2 weeks and Renee here finds this outfit in an hour. Now, Renee, you need to help me accessorize." We went to the shoe section and found a gorgeous pair of ankle strap heels. (I was jealous) and to the jewelery section to find a necklace and earing set to match the outfit. We were chatting and Linda remarked, "doesnt Renee have a great sense of style?" Brandy agreed and I blushed again. I told Brandy, "well now you can go to your daughter's formal affair and be the belle of the ball and still be in pants." We laughed about the irony. It was then that Linda said "well Renee, are you going to carry those dresses around all day or are you going to try then on?" I went into the fitting room and both Linda and Brandy wanted to see how they looked. I told them that it just wasnt the same effect without my foundations, makeup and wig on. They laughed and said that the understood, but wanted to see anyway. I reluctantly agreed and showed them each of the dresses that I had picked out. We all finally concluded that the belted brown print dress with a black shrug was the best. After we had settled up at the register, Linda thanked me for my help and Brandy said "well, I certainly wont forget my day of shopping with Renee." I told her that i wouldnt forget shopping for Brandy either. What a day!!!

sandra-leigh
06-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Lovely!

AllieSF
06-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Renee,

What a wonderful experience. That is one thing that I have learned since starting dressing and putting outfits together for a day or night out on the town, what looks best and what goes with what. Maybe I need to hire you as my personal style consultant. Thanks for sharing.

Persephone
06-03-2010, 12:38 AM
Oh, Renee, that is one of the most fun days I've read about lately! Maybe you should try out for an SA job there, en femme of course! It sounds like you'd already have a couple of recommendations!

And don't forget that employee discount!

Hugs,
Persephone.

t-girlxsophie
06-03-2010, 01:13 AM
Thats a great feel good story.Maybe the start of a new Career for you Renee:)

:hugs:Sophie

DanaR
06-03-2010, 01:14 AM
That was a wonderful experience, one that you and Brandy will remember forever. Thanks for sharing with us.

Kathi Lake
06-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Very nice, Renee!

Isn't it nice to interact with people on their level? I feel so good when the normal sexual barriers come tumbling down and we're seen as normal.

BY the way, where's the picture of your dress?

:)

Kathi

Billijo49504
06-03-2010, 11:34 AM
That's what I call a Warm and Fuzzy :love:BJ

SherriePall
06-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Brandy sounds like a lovely woman. First off she asked for your advice and then followed it. She could have very easily dismissed your thoughts by saying, "that's a man's opinion." And Linda, the SA, is a keeper, too.
Could you tell us if the store is a national chain one?

Renee
06-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Thank you all for your replies. Sherrie, It was Dress Barn and yes they are both sweet ladies. Kathi the pic is to follow. I plan on dressing up in it tonight

StaceyJane
06-03-2010, 12:43 PM
I love Dress Barn. They are always very friendly.
glad you had such a great time.

TxKimberly
06-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Awesome! One more person running around out there now who will think positive thoughts when someone mentions TG's. Great job!

Jeannie
06-03-2010, 08:37 PM
I am surprised that they didn't ask you to start working there. That was a very nice story and thanks for sharing.

Jeannie

Christina Horton
06-18-2010, 12:08 AM
Loved your stroy. It's like when I'm trying on something and I give advice to a women and they like it. It warms the heart so. You seem to have a great telent for sales.
I wish we had a dress barn in Canada but ( sigh) we don't.

Bobbi Lynn
06-18-2010, 12:28 AM
Great story!

Renee
06-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Well, things have been hectic for me lately, but I finally got to take some pics of the outfit that I bought and Dress Barn. Sorry for the delay, but our family has had some happenings this month. Hope that the pics show alright on the post.

StaceyJane
06-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Very nice outfit.

I love Dress Barn, I'm wearing a Dress Barn outfit right now.

Teresa Ann
06-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Renee, Loved the story. Yoe are a great ambassdor for all of us girls, I thank you very much. Teresa

Kaitlyn Michele
06-24-2010, 06:04 PM
I am very happy you had the wonderful experience!! :daydreaming:

and thnx for sharing it so well!!

kaitlyn

Kathi Lake
06-24-2010, 06:08 PM
It's very cute, as are you! Thanks for the pics.

Kathi

Alice B
06-24-2010, 07:12 PM
That really is a feel good story. After reading it I found I had a big smile on my face. Thanks for sharing.

Marissa
06-24-2010, 07:58 PM
With so many great stories such as this, I feel more confident that maybe next time i go shopping, I was hesitate to ask to try the outfits on.. :daydreaming:

Thank you for sharing such an inspiring story.. :)

Hugs,

linnea
06-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Thank so much for sharing a lovely experience.

Starling
06-24-2010, 08:58 PM
That was pretty much a dream come true, Renee. You must be a very cool person to know, if you're that centered and open to new situations. I guess you could easily go to the store en femme from now on, if you felt like it. In fact, with the good feelings you generated you could probably go back in a wetsuit or a baseball uniform.

:heehee: Lallie

Kara Connor
06-25-2010, 02:37 AM
What a great day, Renee (no rhyme intended ;) ). It is amazing how good it feels when the SA is totally cool with you! Brandy was the icing on the cake! Fantastic. Hope you enjoy many more such days.

Jonique Patricia
06-25-2010, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the uplifting experience. Makes me feel inwardly better that there are accepting people out there.

JP

carrie-ann
06-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Great and congrats. Well done. The dress barn by me is not at all TG friendly at all.

Teri Jean
06-28-2010, 09:29 PM
This one of those wonderful experiances you will always remember. Very nice that you could help her.

StaceyJane
06-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Great and congrats. Well done. The dress barn by me is not at all TG friendly at all.

That's pretty rare. Dress Barn has a great reputation of being TG friendly. I have sent letters complimenting Dress Barn and other stores for being TG friendly and I sure wouldn't hesitate sending a complaint off to a store that wasn't TG friendly.

I named names in my compliments and I would have no problem naming names in my complaints.

jazmine
06-28-2010, 09:57 PM
wow!..that was an awesome story! Thanx for sharing it!!!