PDA

View Full Version : Joining the Club!

ReneeT
06-03-2010, 07:16 AM
Well, I finally have the opportunitty to join the "flying en femme" club! I am nervous but eexcited! I have a business trip to Vegas this week, and my family will be accompanying me. However, we have differrent flights out and back (company pays for mine, not theirs) and i wil be staying a day later. So, I get one night to play en femme and the opportunity to fly home en femme! If any of you have flown en femme out of Vegas i would certainly appreciate any advice you can share!

Wish me luck!

kimdl93
06-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Sounds like great fun. Enjoy your new adventure, Renee!

vivianann
06-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Good luck Renee, you will do just fine I know a few crossdressers who fly to and from Vegas enfemme, and no one gives them any hassels. its Vegas baby anything goes! you will need to stop in and visit Glamour Boutique, you will love it there. Amy and the girls will treat you well.

AKAMichelle
06-03-2010, 10:37 AM
You will do fine. Just wear one of those fabulous outfits and do it. Afterwards we expect a full description of the fun.

But you better not take the last position in the club, because I am going to fly en femme soon. I just don't have anywhere to fly yet. Unfortunately you will make it first.

TxKimberly
06-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Good for you. Once you get over the terror I know your going to feel your first time going through security, you are gonna have a blast.
I have not flown from LV but I have flown from at least a dozen other airports and can assure you that you will be just fine. The TSA regs do not change from airport to airport, so if it's OK in all of the airports I've flown from, it will be ok in LV.
I'll give you the same advice that give anyone who asks me. Some things that you may not have considered if you have never flown "pretty":

Remember that a lot of your makeup, like lipstick and foundation, are gels and liquids and so must be placed in a medium sized ziplock bag and be taken out of your carry on / purse and sent through the Xray separately.
I'd avoid wearing foundation garments (corsets/girdles) with metal boning. Your going to be nervous enough and probably don't want the hassle of being pulled aside for a hand inspection because you set off the metal detector.
Moderate ear rings will not set off the metal detector, but any jewelry more that might. Again, you don't need the hassle so put it in your carry on until you get through the security check point, and THEN you can put your pretties on.
Your shoes have to come off through security. If your favorites have a dozen straps, and stiletto heels, you might want to reconsider them, so that your not doing a silly balancing act trying to take them off while standing at the security line. You will not have a place to sit down and take them off.
I'm not about to tell you not to wear heels - what would be the fun in that? Besides, you will be surprised how many women DO wear their heels through the airport. What I DO recommend though, is that you make damn sure that you can tolerate the shoes you are going to wear all day and with a lot of walking. You would be surprised how many shoes I thought were perfectly comfortable around the house and in the store, but then found they had spots that rubbed my feet raw with a lot of walking. In other words, test your shoes out before you wear them through the airport system.
MOST IMPORTANT! Remember to enjoy it and to smile. What is the point of doing it if you spend it timid and scared? Just smile at people, talk to them if you like, and be real.

ReneeT
06-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Thanks for all of your support andd advice! Kimberly, I especially appreciate your helpfu titps - you list things i would never have considered, like the corset ( I always wear one). Have eyo uever had trouble showing your "guy" ID enfemme? I am nervous already, but realy looking forward to it!

TxKimberly
06-03-2010, 11:27 AM
. . . Have you ever had trouble showing your "guy" ID enfemme? I am nervous already, but really looking forward to it!

Nope - I used my male drivers license for more than a year for dozens of flights and never had a problem. They will take a long hard look at you, trying to picture you with out the hair and makeup, and then they will pass you through. On only one occasion, I had a new TSA inspector who discretely called her manager over. Again very quietly and discreetly, he asked if I had another form of ID they could use as further confirmation of my identity. My debit card has my picture on it and he was fine with that. Again, that was the only issues out of dozens of flights, and it was handled quietly and with respect, and was over quickly.
You will be just fine! :)

ReneeT
06-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks! I will bring 2 forms of pictur ID!

Tricia Lee
06-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Did you go yet? I was tempted to fly pretty for the first time on a trip back from Oregon last week. I just couldn't get motivated for it.

In the end, while on the flight home, I was glad I didn't! It was two separate three hour flights. I was sweating in my normal clothes a lot of the time. I'd have melted with a wig on :)

Oh well. The night before leaving for home I went to a DSW enfemme and tried on shoes for close to an hour! I received positive comments from at least a 1/2 dozen women. "Those are cute", etc. I even had a couple of different women that gushed over some heels I had on. I wasn't passing, so they were just being nice.

Must be something about Portland. They were very nice there. I didn't get any negative reactions.