PDA

View Full Version : CDing at work during Halloween

Lexine
06-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Okay, I realize that it's still months away from Halloween, but a thought had crossed my mind that I should CD during Halloween. Both of my co-workers (who know of Lexi) said that it's either up to me and that it'd be totally awesome to do.

So my question is: has anyone here CD'd during Halloween at work and, if so, do you have any stories to tell? :)

TxKimberly
06-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Nope! The only thing like that that I have done was go to a Halloween party thrown by someone else at my company where most of the people from my office would also be.
My wife and I had been talking to the hostess (the wife of the guy who worked with us) for about 20 minutes when she got this shocked look on her face.
"Oh my GOD! Your a guy!" She said, putting her hand over her mouth to cover the dropped jaw. My wife and I hadn't realized that she wasn't aware of this and we both busted out laughing. the hostess grabbed me by the hand and took me to group after group.
"You see this pretty woman? Yeah, it's a guy!" she would say, and then drag me off to the next group.
It was a lot of fun, but everyone at our office treated me differently after that, so I sometimes regret having done it.

Belfast Bill
06-03-2010, 01:42 PM
I think that Kimberly makes a very telling point. If the people that you work with know about your female alterego that is fine, but most colleagues are not going to know, and if you show up looking like a Vegas showgirl, looking a million dollars and walking like a runway model in heels, then the cat is going to be out of the bag, as most people are going to say, "this is not his first time".
Many people want to keep private life and professional life very,very seperate!

Lexine
06-03-2010, 01:47 PM
if you show up looking like a Vegas showgirl, looking a million dollars and walking like a runway model in heels, then the cat is going to be out of the bag

Oh, if I ever decide to do it it'll be a very casual look. I'm not one to wear dresses or heels or flats en femme, so it'll definitely be more downplayed than what you described!

Carroll
06-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Every year!

Nicole Erin
06-03-2010, 01:50 PM
I went to work CD'ed a couple years ago.
People kind of knew I was TG and stuff but when they finally met Erin in all her glory, some were just wide-eyed, some smiled and nodded in approval, and one guy was like, "Dude, why does this not suprise me?"
It was fun, in fact, a few told me they thought I looked better as a woman, that it was just more "me". One or two were disturbed, but ehh, heck with them. I guess that was my "coming out", it was a warehouse, pretty much everyone saw me EXCEPT the one person I wanted to intro "Erin" to the most, (Gee Erika, thanks for playing hookey that day)

Now for whether or not to go en femme, it depends on the general crowd you work around. I mean if they are reasonable educated people, men and women, of varying ages, it is probably safe. If it is like an auto repair shop where Bubba and Cleetus work, then maybe not so good idea.

kimdl93
06-03-2010, 01:51 PM
If I could look like a Vegas showgirl, I'd be doing it now - why wait for Halloween!

joandher
06-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Unfortunately we here in the UK don't celebrate Halloween the way the USA do , there are one or two party's ,but nothing on the same scale as you do its mainly for the children,
I read with envy all your stories and tales and whish I could take part ,
Sad, but keep the stories coming, maybe we will one day, I hope its not too long off,as I might be to old to enjoy it

:hugs: to all

J-JAY

silkyness
06-03-2010, 03:47 PM
With your long hair, you could walk in, people wouldn't know who you were, and guys would be hitting on you. You're cute and DEFINITELY VERY passable!

Go for full! A nice cute dress and heels!

:love:

Loni
06-03-2010, 04:09 PM
not my job, could not get in or out of the truck in a skirt and heels very good. :eek:

amanda w
06-03-2010, 04:22 PM
I would sure like to go to wher i worked at in a nice cute dress and heels but my wife is still working ther and it would be bad for her

StaceyJane
06-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Not exactly Halloween but I work as a civillian in a military hospital.
Last month as part of their dinning in ( a military tradition) they had a Cpl Klinger contest.
Various guys dress in drag and had to do a talent show.

I wasn't there but one soldier told me that one guy was walking and dancing in heels very easily.
Perhaps he gave himself away.

Michaela42
06-03-2010, 08:34 PM
I did the Halloween thing out to a party a few years back. I was going to do it to work but I was not scheduled that day :(

I wish you the best Alex, I would have loved to give it a try even just once :daydreaming:

eluuzion
06-03-2010, 09:27 PM
uh oh... You just made me realize I may have made a serious error in perception. This "CD" stuff is so confusing...

All of this time, I have been under the mistaken idea that once you start CDing, everyday is to be regarded as "Halloween" !!

Well, after 20 years, I guess I will just continue dressing everyday and ringing doorbells...:hugs:

giuseppina
06-03-2010, 09:50 PM
It's not a good idea, Alex. There have been a few others, including a member who I suspect is inactive, who did this, and it was a disaster. It changed the perception of one person such that she was no longer respected at her workplace.

It doesn't matter if you're attending an office party. You're still being observed by your coworkers and superiors.

Taylor186
06-04-2010, 11:26 AM
If you want to out yourself as a CD/TG to all your coworkers & management, then do it.

If you want to keep it secret in any way, then don't.

[Edit: this is my experience/advice based on attending a company, after work, Halloween party dressed. The party was great. The behind your back whispering & innuendos for weeks, months and even years after by some was not.]

Lexine
06-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Once again people aren't reading the OP and minding the BOLDED QUESTION that's there. My question is addressed to YOU not me. Let's keep it on topic, shall we? :)

suchacutie
06-04-2010, 04:34 PM
If I were to be en femme for Halloween I would do it as a character, not as Tina. My guess would be Elvira. One thought for me is that Tina is not a Halloween character and I don't want her to be one. The second thought is that being a "character" is generally accepted as a Halloween dress-up. Being a natural woman raises the specters that Kimberly alluded to!

but that's just me :)

tina

Katrina
06-04-2010, 04:43 PM
I almost did. Instead, I went to a Halloween party (later that night) dressed as Britney Spears. Since half of the people there were friends from work, it was almost the same. I didn't come even close to passing (was purposely trying not to look too good) - which I was wildly successful, by the way.

Billijo49504
06-04-2010, 05:21 PM
I did once. I was working at giving out samples at Meijers. And at that time Meijers had a ad, where this lady would give out samples at strange places. Well I had the blue hat and apron. So I stuffed a big bra and had a white blouse and black skirt. Found a wig that would work and put it all together. I didn't do as good as I could have, cuz I wanted it be seen as a costume. Needless to say, the store director thought it was great till half way through the day, someone told her it really was a guy.:eek: Then I was sent home. The following year, "NO COSTUMES":doh: was posted. But it was fun while it lasted.:heehee:....BJ

Nikki A.
06-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Did it twice, no problem left and came back 2 years later. So I guess no problem. Maybe I'll do it again this year.

Alex!
06-04-2010, 08:00 PM
If I did that I would be fired. It isn't worth it for me, nor would I want to do that if I could get away with it anyway.

Andrea Reynolds
06-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Ah, yes. I did that. In fact the pic of me here is exactly how I looked at work that day. After the usual comments ffrom coworkers (all in good natured fun), I proceeded through the day, including using the mens room on three occasions. I would recommend doing it. It was a thrill for me and I got my butt pinched by one woman and two men. All in all, a great day.

Illyana
06-04-2010, 08:39 PM
I've seen soooo many guys CD at Halloween...I never really understood the purpose unless they thought it would turn on other girls or if they just wanted to feel what it was like. Always puzzled me...and all I could think was if I showed up at a party like that they'd think nothing of Halloween and just that I look like a cd'er :(

Jennifer in CO
06-04-2010, 09:34 PM
the year after I transitioned...a co-worker said I should come to work as a guy....

Jenn

Cassandra Lynn
06-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Let's keep it on topic, shall we? :)

Amen, Lexi and thank you for speaking up, that phrase should be shown at all times.
As for me? I've never worked at a place that had employee Halloween parties, but if i had or should i ever, i would give it due thought for the very reasons stated. mj (Cassie)