PDA

View Full Version : How easy do switch from guy mode to woman mode and back again

thechic
06-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Hi there

just thought id say im now seeing a gender therapist,she lives locally in this town Napier,This gender thing has been affecting me to much,cant turn the woman that i am Off.just loath being a Guy.So have got some real big discussions to make.
Anyway a Question

How easy do you switch from guy mode to woman mode and back again.:drink::drink:

kimdl93
06-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Glad to hear you're seeing a therapist. She may be able to help you sort things out and chose a path forward.

In answer to your question, I quickly change attire when needed, but don't really change the person that I am or how I behave.

Lexine
06-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Pretty quickly, except for the makeup part :D

I feel like I can go out in guy mode, girl mode, or androgyne based off of how I feel and that's a terrific feeling! Of course, it also helps that my wardrobe can be a blend of both. Only have one dress, but it's a cute one!

tinalynn
06-03-2010, 02:39 PM
There's no switch for me to make, I feel like whatever I'm wearing. I can turn a wrench just as easily in a dress as in drab. I can bake cookies just as easily in drab as in a dress. There's no psychological change for me... I want nothing to do with actually being a woman - I only want to pull off the illusion every now and then.

Loni
06-03-2010, 02:47 PM
i am just...me, does not matter what i have on. i just feel better, more comfortable in a skirt than the drab work clothing.

i still have lost of guy things...just not worn very much anymore.
only lived here some 6 months so not sure about the people next door. so only my skinny jeans out side.

joandher
06-03-2010, 02:51 PM
There's no switch for me to make, I feel like whatever I'm wearing. I can turn a wrench just as easily in a dress as in drab. I can bake cookies just as easily in drab as in a dress. There's no psychological change for me... I want nothing to do with actually being a woman - I only want to pull off the illusion every now and then.

Thats my girl, just how i feel

:hugs: J-JAY

boardpuppy
06-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Slowly switching all those drab thing(s) to something that is cute or that can be worn in a cute fashion. Being underdressed 24/7 keeps my/her head on straight, well as straight as can be expected, having to put in an appearance every know and then.

Hugs,
Alice

tricia_uktv
06-03-2010, 03:00 PM
I work as a man during the week and live as a girl at weekends. I live as a girl about an hour and a half away from where I live as a guy.

From guy to girl I'm not really properly transitioned until the following day, although I need the time to get the girl back in me.

From girl to guy I take a train journey, realise my responsibilities and get on with life. It hurts but I have to do it.

I have been out with people from work as a girl, staying in a local hotel so I could just walk in to work in ten minutes and it was horrendous. I was all over the place. I will never do that again!

Hope that helps hon

Phyliss
06-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Switching ... putting on the clothes is only part of it for me. Takes me about an hour or so to go from guy to girl and about 30 min to go back, but that's only the attire. What takes longer is the mental attitude. I'll be "dressed" for about 2 or 3 hours before I "forget" I'm a guy, and I can fully assume the mental transition.
Normally, even if I'm not "dressing up" I have some feelings of just not being comfortable acting like what a guy is supposed to act like.
I never used to be able to fully understand why I felt that way, until I began CDing and it all became clear to me.
I can't begin to say what it "feels like to be feminine" not having been born a GG , but I do know that when I'm dressed I feel so much better. I guess that's one reason why I underdress each and everyday, and wear outer clothes that while originally designed for women, are bland enough to wear without any questions.

msniki48
06-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Hi there

just thought id say im now seeing a gender therapist,she lives locally in this town Napier,This gender thing has been affecting me to much,cant turn the woman that i am Off.just loath being a Guy.So have got some real big discussions to make.
Anyway a Question

How easy do you switch from guy mode to woman mode and back again.:drink::drink:

Geneva, for me it has always been easy to slip into niki... [ persona and dress]:battingeyelashes:. it was easy to get back into drab...[dress mode] but i am always resentful...in persona:Angry3:. on days that i am working around the house...even in drab... i tend to become :niki...persona:daydreaming:...till i hit that mirror!:eek::Angry3: Then I see the wrong person looking back

That kinda explains it i think...:sad:

StaceyJane
06-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Changing clothes when nessesary is easy.
I don't think my mind ever really switches over to guy mode.

DanaR
06-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Changing clothes when nessesary is easy.

I'm this way as well. At least I feel like I am.

Karen__Starr
06-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Quickly change to female, slow to get back into male mode. Matter of fact I am slowly way down when the need is to be in male mode as it hurts physicall and mentally to be male.

Jean Dressler
06-03-2010, 06:12 PM
The attire change is relatively easy and quick though I tend to keep panties and a chemise on under my drab. The emotional and spiritual side not as easy and I really resent the conversion back to drab if I have to do it in a hurry.
You look very beautiful I hope you will be able to live out your dreams.

sandra-leigh
06-03-2010, 06:20 PM
I never really paid attention to it, but on the other hand I am in stealth clothes (or pushing-limits clothes) at work, have long hair, wear earrings full time, sleep in women's clothes, and when I'm out in public, I prefer to have some of my forms in, even if I am not "presenting" as female. I am pretty much out to the public as mixed gender -- e.g., took a bus today in a skirt and my normal face.

If circumstances conspire to force me more male, then it is not the case that I have a distinct "mode", but it is a subtle drag on me, and I feel progressively worse over the day.

erika130
06-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Pretty quickly here too, but I have to agree, lately I have been much more comfortable and interested in my femme side, & while being in guy mode (most of the time since I'm not out) it's more like ehh.. a drag almost.

But besides this, I still feel like I can switch rather easily from guy mode to girl mode. Although I have noticed my personality changing more toward being androgynous rather than strictly guy or girl at any one moment

Megan Thomas
06-03-2010, 08:11 PM

I never switch back and forth in my mind, regardless of my appearance. I'm all woman :)

Rianna Humble
06-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Changing clothes when necessary is easy.

:yt: I switch into drab clothes 4 days a week whilst I'm at work and occasionally on the weekend to go out with my dad - even though he accepts me for who I am. But I don't think like a traditional bloke.

I tried doing a whole day in drab last week - it was hell.

nikkijo
06-03-2010, 11:23 PM

5 min... make up on or make up off.... dress doesnt really change as i already only own girl clothes as far as mind... it doesnt change... i will always be some vvariation of nikki...

RachelZ
06-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Pretty easy. Just like I can turn of my inner rockstar on and off. Its just a matter of who I want to be.

Cheryl James
06-04-2010, 08:57 AM
The physical switch isn't very hard at all. And, the guy role is an easy part to play as I've played it all of my life. But, Cheryl never goes away---and she is demanding that more attention be paid to her.

tamarav
06-04-2010, 02:34 PM
I originally hesitated posted on this htread simply because I had no idea what to say.

Having thought about it, I have to say that going back and forth is easy since I tend to think in a feminine fashion all the time anyway..

suchacutie
06-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Because of my rediculously congested "male" life, Tina sometimes doesn't show up for two or three weeks at a crack. When that happens I'm happy that I've established a bit of a ritual for the transformation process, involving deciding what to wear, getting it all out, usually a shower and a shave, adding lingerie and shoes, makeup and perfume, the rest of the clothes, wig, lipstick and accesories. That takes about an hour. Then I do my nails.

(If I can, I do my nails first and that adds quite a while when I'm in a bit of a limbo in transition)

Going back has a ritual too, reversing the clothes, putting them away or washing the lingerie, and then taking a shower. That also takes the better part of an hour. (odd thing...I usually don't take off my nail polish til the next day if I can help it).

So, when Tina can only exist every couple of weeks, the transition is about an hour in both directions.

When I'm on a business trip my mental process is different. Out of the hotel room (professionally) I'm a guy, and my guy shoes are next to the door of the room, as are Tina's. When I come into the room I change shoes, and gender, instantly. Thus, for the better part of the week I live in both genders, no matter what clothes I'm wearing. It's the shoes that I use to define gender. In that case, it's a mental switch that gets thrown, and in private. Once in the room, if I'm to be there for a bit of time, I will change clothes, etc. to move more en femme, but the change is the shoes and it's just an instantaneous change.

It sounds like I could be a good topic for a psychology Ph.D. study!

tina

charlie
06-04-2010, 06:29 PM
The changes physically take about an hour. The mental part is always there...I think I'm the same. I just have to tone down the hand gestures, touch a bit less, and widen the walk. Other then that I am pretty much me either way.

Karinsamatha
06-04-2010, 07:46 PM
I have been finding it harder and harder to put my drab work clothes every day. I am at the point when I just can't wait to get home and get into something that #1 feels good, and #2 looks good. My male pants feel and look like a potato sack! :drink:

Alex!
06-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Very easily. My crossdressing has more to do with artistic expression and nothing to do with gender, so it's easy to "go back to male mode". In fact, I'm not very lady-like when dressed, I'm sorry to say :)

Andy66
06-04-2010, 08:02 PM
It's all a state of mind, my dear. I'm almost always in the middle between masculine and feminine, both in mental attitudes and in clothing; but I can feel more masculine or feminine within seconds depending on what I'm doing at any given time.

Huntress
06-04-2010, 10:19 PM
I find the Transmogrifier* works best for quick & thorough changes. Although, there is sometimes a little hitch.:heehee:

* Thanks Bill Watterson

Kate Simmons
06-05-2010, 05:01 AM
That really depends on you and/or the situation at hand.:)

abigail43
06-05-2010, 05:21 AM
I find it quite easy to change from man to woman it's going the other way that I hate I don't like it that much that Abigail has me put off doing things and meeting people that know me in man mode .Living alone is great I can live as Abigail 70% of The time now and I have been just been given a number of a doctor that i can see to help me start my transition

Celeste
06-05-2010, 05:56 AM
I really like this question,it addresses something I have trouble with,seems I'm never quite done when getting ready,inside or out,always second guessing my look and the way I feel.

Once finally there,it's heaven,but then the thoughts of having to change back are always there.It leaves me missing Celeste once back in guy mode and a bit down for several days.It makes me wonder if a happy middle ground is ever possible for me.

JakobeMeredith
06-08-2010, 12:35 PM
I'm more comfortable in girl mode. I've gotten to the point where I just don't feel right if I'm in guy mode for too long. So I've been doing anything to wear something girly everyday.

Sarah V
06-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Very easily. I do it all the time. It does depend on your personal situation. I do believe I will find myself traveling more to the feminine side as I continue to age and get near retirement.

tammygirl79
06-12-2010, 09:13 PM
It is not hard for me at all to switch back and fourth, But then again, i don't go out as a woman yet so it is not that hard at all to make the switch....i am trying to get to the point where i can go out....just need to work on my make-up some more. I guess I will have to wait and see how it goes for me once I start going out. I am glad to hear you are seeing a therapist if you are finding it hard to swith back to a man. Maybe it's a sign that that it's time for you to just be a woman 100% of the time? Best of luck to you sweetie :)

NathalieX66
06-12-2010, 09:20 PM
I am me 100% of the time. The only aspect I change about me when en femme is how I walk when in heels. One cannot be wearing heels while walking like Stompy the Elephant, it just doesn't work. ....same with sitting down.
I like to believe I embody the native American belief of being a two-spirit .....sometimes called berdache...ak.a. warrior/mother, which is really being both genders.