PDA

View Full Version : Going Fulltime parttime?

tinaashley
06-04-2010, 05:29 AM
The last 9 months have been huge for me. My kids know about Tina and are very supportive. They have been to Pride March etc with me. My 2 sisters know and we we went bra shopping together. I go shopping as Tina and have now started to go to the theatre and to the opera. I have no hesitation going clothes shopping or for make-up or to the bottle shop.
Because I work in the building industry I think that it would be difficult to go full time there but I am now so close to going fulltime outside of work time. I am seriously contemplating telling my inlaws (family of 6) and then I'd be on my way.
I have a check up scheduled with my Doctor in July and am contemplating telling him so that we can discuss any next steps.
When I think where I have come in 9 months this step is not too terrifying but its as though I need to be pushed into action. I am sure its not faraway. Then at least I can be filltime parttime.

AKAMichelle
06-04-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm glad that you have found so much peace that you feel comfortable in your own skin.

Faith_G
06-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Hey, I made up an acronym for that! FTEW :D

I've been FTEW for a couple months now, and the only "problem" has been that it makes me want to really go full-time sooner. I had planned on waiting until autumn but now it's looking like mid-July. So consider that a warning of sorts...

I drive a truck delivering gas cylinders to industrial sites - I don't expect transitioning in my job to be easy but it's necessary.

tricia_uktv
06-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Hi Tina. I do what you say. During the week I'm a guy and at the weekend I'm Tricia, from Friday night to Monday morning. I have many friends who know me as Tricia and only call me Tricia. I too wish to go 24 x 7 but for now I'm very, very happy. So my advice is go on and do it. It is fun :)

tinaashley
06-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks Faith. I get the message. I can't hold back anymore. Went and did the weekly shop this morning at Woolworths and ALDI. Work is the problem. Don't know how all those building supervisors that I give a hard tome to will accommodate Tina. I feel its only a question of time and that time is coming fast.