PDA

View Full Version : Head scratchers

tommi
06-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Wife needs a dress for special event coming up,she knows and does not accept my dressing but asked me to go shopping and give her my opinion.

We went selections sucked (my wife is a size 24) only dress she found that
fit was way to open on the cleveage,just not appropriate for what she is going to and really wasn't very flattering anyhow.

Now she wants me to take her to the outlet malls and look at Dress Barn.
With as stressful as things have been in our lives it's nice to go looking with
her just wish she didn't flip out when I get carried away looking.

Jenniferx1
06-04-2010, 11:02 AM
I appreciate your issues......when I was with my only wife ( removed) that was not an option.....admittedly she did not know about CD persuasions...would not have understood anyway....so I did not see the point .....However since we parted and I found a wonderful partner who share my desire to dress whenever I like......she actually wants me to come shopping with to get my opinion and the like........even more incredible has got me most of my underwear and a few dresses.....
I know I am incredibly lucky ........

I know how damn frustrating it can be...........still you have got to keep looking thats what we are all about :daydreaming:

:love: and peace of mind

tommi
06-04-2010, 11:24 AM
She wants my opinion because she knows I watch fashions more than she does so I get to enjoy some but don't dare wonder off the kart path.

Jenniferx1
06-04-2010, 11:32 AM
I guess you got to live to what suits yourself and is easy to deal with

I must admit it is cheaper to window shop

JulieC
06-04-2010, 12:02 PM
She wants my opinion because she knows I watch fashions more than she does so I get to enjoy some but don't dare wonder off the kart path.

It probably is frustrating. But, remember she's inviting you to go shopping with her to take advantage of your knowledge of women's fashion. This is her time, not yours. She could go alone. She chose not to, and asked you to come along. Be complimented.

If you want to shop in Dress Barn for you, do it on your own time so she doesn't have to face up to your crossdressing.

Also consider this is a tiny step in the direction of acceptance. She accepts your knowledge of fashion, and isn't repulsed by it. Take it for that. If you treat this as a positive experience, and work to her benefit, not yours, this may be a very rewarding thing that will build up over many future shopping outings with her.

Many CDers, regardless of acceptance level from their spouses, seem to want even more acceptance than they have. I wish all of us could have fully accepting and supportive wives. But, that's not going to happen. For those of you that don't, start with zero being your wive's most unaccepting moments. Anything in the plus, take as a positive.

For example, in this situation you can help your wife find that perfect outfit, and help her look her best. You can thank her for the opportunity to help her; "I really enjoyed shopping with you and for you today. Helping you feel and look your best is important to me, and I think we had a great time."

charlie
06-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Hello Tommi!
Yes, it is tough going shopping with a non-accepting wife. My wife suddenly left a shop we were in saying she is sure that I wanted to try on all the clothes and was too interested. What can I say? It was only partly true though!

5150 Girl
06-04-2010, 01:22 PM
tommi, your wife sounds like my ex. So I've been there done that.

tommi
06-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Julie you nailed it on the head I did enjoy myself and pointed things out that
I know she would look good in that if allowed I would love to wear.

DonnaT
06-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Glad the trip went well Tommi.

Recently, when my wife and I go shopping for her, she'll ask if I saw anything I liked. I reckon this is because I've been avoiding buying any new clothes (since I'm losing weight) and she's started asking out of appreciation for me being more attentive to her wants.

Last weekend, I found a very nice blouse, and really wanted it, but managed to hold back. I told my wife it would look nice on her, but she's not into the more fem looking blouses. However, she finally tried it on and bought it for her trip to TX this weekend. I enjoyed helping her find something she wouldn't normally choose for herself.