PDA

View Full Version : Subconcious Slip-ups

t-girlxsophie
06-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Have any of you by words or actions,slipped up regarding your CDing and revealed it to friends,workmates etc by Accident without realising it?

I can remember on one occasion at my work,ripping my work trousers,and Requiring a replacement pair I asked my Manager for a new pair,he asked what size I needed and I shouted out that I wanted a size 18 (uk womans size),He looked at me for a second while I realised what I had said,before i corrected myself,The only thing he said to me afterwards was "you slipped up their big man",I laughed and that was it,nothing negative arose from It.

So have any of you slipped up like this and did It have any negative/positive outcome for you

:hugs: Sophie xx

Loni
06-04-2010, 12:27 PM
none that I know of....yet :-)

Victoria Anne
06-04-2010, 12:33 PM
not at work that I know of but at the hospital while visiting my wife I had dropped something infront of the nurses and did not bend down to get it but rather the side saddle squat to pick it up oops, got an odd look.

5150 Girl
06-04-2010, 01:08 PM
YEa, well when my station went to uniforms, my News Director asked me to go get the pant and shirt sizes of all my photogs, so he could have our bean counters order them.
Well,,, after turning the sheet in, I get a call on the intercom form my ND, He says, "you put your pant size as 18, what the f*** does that mean?" (direct quote BTW, which puzles a story for another time)
Anywho, I explain to him, that it's a woman's size, and that as a cyclist I have fuller hips and thighs, so woman's pants fit me better. (it's well documented that I ride, even rode the bike to meetings that happened on my off days. Of course he knew about this side of me to, but who cares, the media is a liberal bunch for the most part)
He then asks me what my men's size is, to with I reply, I have no idea. THen he's all, "I don't think thease @$$ holes wer'e ordering from are going to undersand what this means." Then I told him, well, if they don't understand a woman's size 18, then they don't belong in the uniform buisness. Him: "WTF ever" and hung up.
The pants arrived the and the only visual difrence was my pants only had 1 back pocket, where the others had 2.

And the side story, after I backed a union attempt, they got rid of me with the excuse that I was to profain... go figgure hu?

tamarav
06-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Yup, everyday at work..

thechic
06-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Yep slip ups to numerous, to mention.:drink::drink:

Christie ann
06-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Let's see:

I say "tops" not shirts
I use cute as a descriptor way to often
Like you, I only know my women's sizes
I have become used to the "backwards" buttons and now have trouble with boy shirts.

sandra-leigh
06-04-2010, 02:52 PM
I could imagine myself slipping up and giving my womens size :o

I no longer even know which side is which for buttons: I've encountered reversed mens shirts and reversed blouses. Same for flies.

Lorileah
06-04-2010, 02:59 PM
I have never unintentionally let it slip. I have however blatantly let it slip

Kathi Lake
06-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Like Geneva, my slipups are too numerous to mention.

I tend to "gush" a bit too much, it seems - cute shoes, a nice top, great eye makeup - it doesn't matter. If it's cute, I just have to mention it. Today at my orthodontist (the entire office knows about Kathi, and is waiting to see me dressed), the receptionist had the cutest earrings! I gushed over them and asked her where she got them. She told me she got them at Buckle. We chatted about how cute their stuff was, and I mentioned that I am probably too old for a lot of the stuff there, but I always manage to find something pretty when I go, and told her about this cute ruffled henley tunic/dress I bought there a few months ago. We chatted a bit more and I sat back down in the waiting room. Wow, did I ever get some funny looks and some knowing smiles!

Sometimes, when women remark on my jeans or how small I am, and ask what size I am, I'll blurt out, "0-2 - depending on the pants." I'll then pause a bit and say, "At least that's what I'm told I would be if I wore women's pants." Yeah. Like they're buying that!

:)

Kathi

joyce483
06-04-2010, 05:42 PM
what is an '' 0-2'' ?? compared to my 12!!

Kathi Lake
06-04-2010, 06:26 PM
what is an '' 0-2'' ?? compared to my 12!!
These days? About 8-10 years. :)

I have a pair of Levis ladies slim fit jeans (512's, I think) in size 7 that I bought and wore 10 years ago that fit me just as tightly as a size 0 does today. So, just be patient!

:)

Kathi

SaraTV
06-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Oh so many.

Forgot about my darker eye make-up when someone asked about it but I covered it with a nice "no, I'm just tired".

Make-up is hard to get off, but I learned in high-school drama that acne pads (thank you, Oxy) work wonders on it. Just be careful, since acne pads are dangerous around the eyes.

I also wonder if the fact that I don't use urinals anymore is giving anything away to the guys at work? :battingeyelashes: