PDA

View Full Version : Has CD'ing made you appreciate your male side?

emmicd
08-21-2005, 11:35 PM
All right we all enjoy wearing feminine clothes from time to time. Some more than others!

With that said, has the opportunity to dress feminine from time to time made you feel more comfortable with your male side.

Does the softer, feminine side of your personality make your masculine side more rough and tumble?

Are you good at balancing your feminine/masculine or masculine/feminine sides?

Also how would you rate yourself? More masculine or more feminine?
The scale is like this: 100%M/0%F to 0%M/100%F.

Emmi

emmicd
08-21-2005, 11:41 PM
I am very comfortable as a guy. I do everything that a typical guy does but I fall into the cd/tg spectrum as a hetero cd in the closet.

I rate as 90%M/10%F.

I think its ok to have a little feminine side to my complex male side.

I'm not ashamed to admit I like to shop for and wear femme clothes.

Emmi

gennee
08-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Emmi_cd:

I'm comfortable with my male side, also. Cding brings another element to my life, yet it does not consume me. I rate myself 95%/5% male to femme.

gennee :)

Joanne08
08-23-2005, 09:50 PM
I think my crossdressing makes me appriciate my male side but it make me appreciate my female side. My female side is integrated with my male side and without my female side I wouldn't be who I am. I balance it very well. I'm well adjusted I'd say. I might just be more rough and tumble without the femme qualities. I'm about the same as you Emmi 90% male and 10% female.

Love, Jo

sportschick
08-23-2005, 10:06 PM
I guess I'm 95% male, 5% female. The CD urge is only occasional, but strong when it's there(2-3 times a year) I rebound way over to the macho side for a while after, then settle in to my usual average male mode. I gues it helps make me more aware of the differnt species the "typical" males and females are , if there's such a thing.

nancy58
08-23-2005, 10:32 PM
I don't really appreciate my male side any more than I did before I came out to my wife (and myself). But then I'm the one who said I didn't feel a female side. I guess I'm 100% perplexed.

Since exploring what it takes to look feminine, I have much more appreciation for the effort GG's go through to look attractive. I guess that's one thing I appreciate about waking up every morning and putting on my man's clothing and going off to work: All I have to to is shower, shave (face), and the biggest concern about clothing matching is that the left sock is the same color as the right. I've been grateful that I received "male" conditioning while growing up, so that I can do some of my own work on my car and can deal with mechanical problems. (I try to teach these things to my daughter.) And, I can't leave out, I really like the fact that if I'm on a hike or something and nature calls, I don't need all the accoutrements of home. In short, we really do have the long end of the stick and should own up to it to the women in our life.

I also think it's worth noting that I don't dislike the maleness in me, as I have heard some other TGs say they do. I don't dislike going back to drab; I am just wistful at giving up the things that are feminine.

Nancy

MarinaTwelve200
08-23-2005, 10:38 PM
Yes, for about half of us CDs, Crossdressing is a way to ESCAPE from our real (male) selves, if only for a little while. CDing is a great tension releiver. I feel recharged and ready to face the world again after a good dress up session. (I call this type 1)

Other CDers, on the other hand, dress to "go home" to their fem side, which they consider their real selves. Personally, I would think it would be a bit depressing for them to have to return to their male mode when its time to switch back.(I call this type 2)

The psychology for both types is quite different, but still we both use the same "tool", Crossdressing, to achieve an effective temporary identity change. I think we have a bit of difficulty understanding each other across types---but then again, this forum, IMHO, is great for helping us do that.---we get to understand what makes the other "tick", so to speak, and also get much insight into our own respective conditions and relationship to CDing.
--- A lot of confusion may be cleared up as we realize what aspects of CD applies to us (individually) and what does not. We realize are dealing with different "conditions" that have different needs and possesses different attitudes and opinions----The more we know about each other --all the better, I say.

MaylinJane
08-23-2005, 10:47 PM
A pretty tough question. Of course that's why I like coming here. Everytime I do it involves much soul searching and self discovery. Right now I'd have to say I'm 51/49%. But I'm not sure if I'm 51% male or female. :confused:

May

gender_blender
08-23-2005, 10:50 PM
I used to feel the pressure of keeping both sides seperate. In retrospect, holding on to a masculine side was more of a social crutch. Aside from conquering the notion of concern for how others judge me based on appearance, I'm more comfortable being my androgynous self. Many times, even in what I would consider 'guy' mode, I still have a high probability of being addressed as a female due to my long, shiny, well-groomed hair and other uniquely feminine qualities that overpower my masculinity. I'm good at being me and that's all that really matters. But I guess this question is more for those who are closeted.

30%M/70%F

Charlie

joni-alice
08-23-2005, 11:31 PM
Emmi, I love all your questions.
my answer to this one is I dunno

Phoebe Reece
08-24-2005, 04:54 PM
Emmi, I am very comfortable with both sides of my personality, so I don't think my crossdressing makes me more or less comfortable with my masculine side, nor does it cause any opposite reaction (rough & tumble).
I do sometimes have to decide whether I want to get dressed up enfemme and go out or jump on my motorcycle and go for a ride (I don't ride dressed enfemme). Life is full of little decisions. I think I balance things pretty well.
I take pride in the things I do whether they are femme or masculine. I don't see myself as having two seperate personalities, just one that is blended with attributes that are probably around 70% M / 30% F.

NatalieBliss
08-24-2005, 05:47 PM
Though I haven't really "dressed" truly yet... Just deciding to accept the crossdressing part of me has made me much more appreciative of my male side. Among other things. I have covered a lot in other places so I'll just say that I have noticed a big improvment on caring about how I present the male side of me along with the feminine side.

Toyah
08-24-2005, 07:16 PM
nope not a HOPE IN HELL

Strike
08-25-2005, 07:00 AM
75% Male 25% Female, I am happy as I am though.

Marsha
08-25-2005, 07:29 AM
Great question. I've just gone through a three year ordeal where my male side was "shattered". Thank God there was a female side to bring me back together. I won't know where this leads down the road but right now I feel very comfortable being 90%f-10%m. The CDing just seems to confirm what I feel inside.
Marsha

Rachael Warren
08-25-2005, 07:53 AM
No, I don't!

25% Female 50% Slob 25% Male, my balance is sitting comfortably somewhere in the middle! :eek: At least I'm honest!;)

Rachael. :)

Shaylynn
08-25-2005, 08:28 AM
I'm able to accept the fact that I'm a guy who likes lady's clothes and makeup. I haven't gone out en femme yet, maybe when I do my feeme side will be stronger. I do fanatize about being a real woman quite alot. I find chatting on line as shaylynn is so much easier for me then when I'm a guy.
guess I'm 75% male 25% female.
Shaylynn

racquel
08-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Am quite comfortable in both mode's.Would consider myself 60%m-40% f. :p

Karren H
08-25-2005, 08:34 PM
Id say i am 70%M and 30%F. And I love doing the guy things as much as the fem things. I play ice hockey twice a week, work on the cars, build things in the shop, work on the house and dress like a girl!! The best of both genders!!!

Luv Karren

ChristineRenee
08-25-2005, 08:46 PM
Yes...but I also believe that my feminine persona has had a significantly positive impact on my male side. I would honestly say that the ratio for me would be like 70% female and 30% male.

Deborah
08-25-2005, 10:19 PM
I don't know to be honest. My answer would probably be biased in my favor. I'll let my therapist tell you when i get one. :D

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-25-2005, 11:37 PM
I feel probably 70% male, 30% female -- although if various personality tests are to be believed, I've pretty androgynous.

I'm pretty comfortable in both modes. I guess maybe knowing that I can move between them makes me more relaxed and less extreme in both modes -- I'm not a girly girl nor a man's man. OTOH, in guy mode I can enjoy both rough-and-tumble stuff and being metrosexual. Would I if I weren't a CD? Can't really say.

Tristen Cox
08-26-2005, 01:31 AM
There will be time to appreciate my male side when I'm in the ground. Until then I'll keep him in the tool box til I need to fix somebody's car or something :)

Melissa Ryan
08-26-2005, 02:20 AM
Are you really going to come and help me fix that mess!?!?

When???????

Tristen Cox
08-26-2005, 02:32 AM
I believe it may be the radiator :eek: No worries just give me a big can of bondo, she'll look like new :rolleyes: :p

Lisa Golightly
08-26-2005, 03:41 AM
90% F 10% M... And that's only because I equate my cowardice in the face of illness as a male trait. I don't really worry about how female I portray myself I'm just being me, others pick up on it though... 'Androgynus at best' I was described by someone. I don't mind... I like how I live my life, it's cosy and warm.

I'm not tough like women with illness though... that's where the boy bit of me has sought refuge. Blood equals fainting, ear piercing equals fainting, dentist equals fainting.... lol... If I get a cold I'm half dead. I have found women to be much tougher than this in the main and I think this is my sole male bastion... the last stand. Psychologically I can't fault myself... Can you imagine someone so afraid of illness and injury changing sex? What a clever little boy ;)

parris james
08-26-2005, 04:01 AM
At work 90% male 10% female :mad:

Off-duty 0% male !00% female :D

Karren H
08-26-2005, 05:22 PM
I feel probably 70% male, 30% female -- although if various personality tests are to be believed, I've pretty androgynous.

I'm pretty comfortable in both modes. I guess maybe knowing that I can move between them makes me more relaxed and less extreme in both modes -- I'm not a girly girl nor a man's man. OTOH, in guy mode I can enjoy both rough-and-tumble stuff and being metrosexual. Would I if I weren't a CD? Can't really say.

Ohhhh Darla, I think that you, Emily and I were triplets, separated at birth!!! hehehe We are soooo much alike, except for my ice hockey thing, Emily's out of control thingy, and your California attitude???? Maybe just related somehow?? I don't know, but I love you two as sisters, or brothers, or sibblings.........

Luv Karren

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-26-2005, 08:13 PM
Well lady, it's a little tough to do ice hockey at the beach... :cool:

We can always work on the 'tude. ;)

And one of these days you two will have to come out to SF and we'll have a t-girls gone wild weekend. =)

Luv ya *air kiss kiss*

Carla_CD
08-26-2005, 08:37 PM
We have'd something in common!!!! LOL

Don't ya just love Bondo Bubbles

Love that tool Box......

Kisses

Carla

Karren H
08-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Well lady, it's a little tough to do ice hockey at the beach... :cool:

We can always work on the 'tude. ;)

And one of these days you two will have to come out to SF and we'll have a t-girls gone wild weekend. =)

Luv ya *air kiss kiss*

Darla, I was there in March and didn't see you?? Hiding? Ohh and I had the family with me. Holiday Inn at the wharf! Had a great time especially the haunted gost walk off Van Ness!! Sooo cool. Is the beach on of those nude beaches??? The wife wouldn't let me go down there!! hehehe It would be difficult to crossdress on a nude beach???? But thats Cailfornia for you!!!!! LOL

Luv Karren

Debbie Kong
08-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Without putting a lot of thought into it I'm going to say I feel 50/50. Over the years my Femme side has been coming out more and more and I feel that my personality has shifted for the better. My hobbies are all individual things and I pretty much keep to myself as a guy. My social scene is dominated by my femme side. As I get better at being Debbie my Guy side seems to be of less importance to me and I am content with letting it slide into obscurity. I have never really bonded with other males ( as a male ) anyway. My male side earns the money and my femme side has all the fun. It's a nice balance. People talk to D when they need something fixed because I do it good. People talk to Debbie when they want fun.

I have a great job though and get to work with women. Being a guy has it's advantages and is a lot easier than being a gurl. I'm pretty happy with who I am. TGurls are special and there are a lot of people out there who are infatuated with us. We're the "missing link".

I agree with one of the other gurls, who mentioned it first, that YOU pose interesting questions. Thanks.

Debbie (Stihl Magnum 038)

Tristen Cox
08-26-2005, 10:03 PM
We have'd something in common!!!! LOL

Don't ya just love Bondo Bubbles

Love that tool Box......

Kisses

Carla
If I could get them to work on my chest it would be GREAT. Go go gadget BOOBS!!!!

Rachel_740
08-27-2005, 11:23 AM
I've come a long way to what I've always wanted in the last 2 years. I've gone from 90% M/10% F when my 2nd wife threw me out to about 20% M/80% F today. I'm still working on things - it obviously takes a very long time to get rid of over 40 years as a guy.

Anne

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Darla, I was there in March and didn't see you?? Hiding?

I just wasn't a red-head that day. ;)

Is the beach on of those nude beaches??? The wife wouldn't let me go down there!! hehehe It would be difficult to crossdress on a nude beach????

Baker Beach is a nude beach -- although usually you have to wear a parka, so I'm not sure that counts. But it's not so hard to crossdress there as long as you've got these. (http://www.tatt4trannies.co.uk/breasts.html) :D

Mirragea
08-28-2005, 12:09 AM
A pretty tough question. Of course that's why I like coming here. Everytime I do it involves much soul searching and self discovery. Right now I'd have to say I'm 51/49%. But I'm not sure if I'm 51% male or female. :confused:

May

Yeah what she said.I think about it way more than I can actually dress.I'm still at the "who am I"phase.Appreciate ?I just don't know yet.

Marcyme
08-28-2005, 12:58 AM
Wow, let see....how to anwer/explain myself so anyone can understand me :confused:

I don't look at myself as a percentage of this or that....I am who I am, ME. I am very comfortable with myself, but no as comfortable in others dis-comfort to me. My biggest concern is how I effect those that care about me. I worry about strangers views to a certain degree, but it is lessening. I am more gaurded with some of those who are close to me than with strangers.
I have always had a "fem" side. I have never been a "typical" guy, but always enjoyed traditionally masculine activities....But I love to shop to. :rolleyes:
As I have come to this level of acceptance of my own cd'ness, I have also come to appreciate/recognize the opportunities I have had as a male, and less willing to give them up. Sometimes dressing is an expression of that side of me, sometimes it is an escape from the masculine world that I have never completely fit into, nor wanted to fit into. But mostly it is just what I feel like doing sometimes....Just like some drab days I like to dress casual, some more trendy, some like a grease monkey. Some are just girl days.

Wow, I could write pages....but I'll top now :D

Karren H
08-28-2005, 12:28 PM
I just wasn't a red-head that day. ;)

Baker Beach is a nude beach -- although usually you have to wear a parka, so I'm not sure that counts. But it's not so hard to crossdress there as long as you've got these. (http://www.tatt4trannies.co.uk/breasts.html) :D

That explains it, Darla!! I could have seen your hair from the plane as we landed, if you had been wearing red!! You look great in red, BTW!!! And If I had a set of those.........Hehehehe Do you have a set??? Maybe I could borrow them next time I'm in SF??

Oh You should head down to the Metreon!! Great place to ice skate!! I went skating there a couple evenings. But got kind of boring since they wouldn't let me check anybody!!! Hehehehe

LOL
Karren

Georgette
08-28-2005, 12:36 PM
I liker to be femme about 40 percent of the time and male 60 percent, I like being femme, but also work in my shop and do the guy things two.
I will be doing the guy thingy in mid October going hunting don''t know if in guy or gal mode but will cross that bridge when we get there. Yes in femme mode I am more of a pussy cat, :) but guy I am still the hardnosed boss and business owner. :rolleyes: