PDA

View Full Version : One More Step

WendyH
06-05-2010, 06:49 AM
Last night I attended our church's women's group for the first time. I was invited when I did a BGLT workshop a few months back but took a while to work up the courage. My wife helped a lot, and insisted on going with me even though she was not feeling very well. I knew it was going to be fine when our hostess greeted me on her front porch with "It's great to see you, Wendy!"

There was lots of food, wine, and good talk. What was so amazing was that I was totally treated like one of the girls. Even though everyone who didn't already know my "secret identity" soon figured it out--I was there with my wife, after all!--no one seemed fazed or uncomfortable. Best of all, I was encouraged to keep coming! What a wonderful group of women, and what a loving wife! I feel truly blessed. :)

Freddy12
06-05-2010, 07:00 AM
What a wonderful story. Too often churches are places that exclude folks instead of accepting everyone. What denomination is your church? Do keep on attending the women's groups! Obviously they appreciate your presence, and your attending helps them be the kind of women that they are striving to be.

Good for you and them!

AKAMichelle
06-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Wonderful story.

Alex!
06-05-2010, 08:29 AM
What a nice story, Wendy. And it is a pleasant surprise to see you here :)

Cassandra Lynn
06-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Blessed indeed, and thank you for sharing that Wendy. I hate to be nosey, but what denomination is it? and are there alot of alternative type ppl or couples there? i would like to find a church group as liberal and understanding as yours. There is one here, and i've attended but it just doesn't have what i'm looking for. mj (Cassie)

MrKunk
06-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Very enjoyable and nice to be able to join and relate to them.

WendyH
06-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Freddy12 and MsMjSerene, it's a Unitarian Universalist church. It's not everyone's cup of tea but I love it! Alexandra, fancy meeting you here! :)