PDA

View Full Version : Going out in safe clothes

helen.in.va
06-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Hi. I went out to run errands today, trying to look inconspicuous, with panties, sports bra (no enhancements), girl shorts and t-shirt. No one seemed to care. This was my intention, but it made me feel like I wasn't dressed at all. I just kinda felt like a guy. Has anyone had a similiar experience?

sissystephanie
06-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Yes, almost every time I put on girl shorts and a Tee short. That is why I usually wear a skirt and tee over my bra and panties! More girly!! Feels better too! The funny thing is that I rarely ever get any reactions being dressed that way. And since I am not wearing a wig or makeup, there is no question that I am a guy in a skirt! But no one ever says anything to me!! And I go out that way almost every day!

abigail43
06-05-2010, 10:27 PM
No because it is all about wearing dresses/skirts with pantyhose seriously I won't get dressed if I can't look like who i want Abigail to look like the whole x dressing for me is all about glamor and feeling glamorous so i don't like wearing shots and a t I can do that any time as my man self

Starr
06-05-2010, 10:50 PM
I often go shopping in ladies white jeans and a black blouse with bra and panties.. i wear white tennis shoes, some light makeup ..but enough that my face looks smooth and fem.. a little eye shadow some natural color lipstick and mascara.. little eye liner.. and then i have my nails painted a light pink or pearl color. Top that off with a nice necklace and braclets.. with a couple of ladies rings.. and of course my purse.. my hair is long for a guy so i style it a little fem look and off i go.. no one makes any comments.. a lot of people look but i am easy to notice at 6' tall and 200 lbs.. but i wear ladies clothes off the rack...so got to be some other big girls somewhere or they wouldn't be making the clothes that size.

star

Blaire
06-05-2010, 11:26 PM
From the title, I thought you had found a kevlar bra and panty set!

Cristi
06-06-2010, 01:23 AM
I've been thinking about trying a bit of this. Right now, every time I go out I go all the way. Skirts, makeup, hair done, etc.

I'm wondering what would happen if I don't TRY to be fully en femme, just be me with maybe a touch of makeup, T and shorts with a sports bra, long earrings... but making no effort at all to pass. I'm wondering if this would be more socially acceptable because I wouldn't be trying to 'fool' anybody.

Rianna Humble
06-06-2010, 03:02 AM
I thought you had found a kevlar bra and panty set!

:rofl:

Freddy12
06-06-2010, 05:34 AM
I have gone out that way (sports bra with no enhancements, girl shorts, etc.) and have not received any comments. I do feel somewhat girly, but not as much as if I had a frilly top on. It works when I'm close to home and don't want to be recognized. I'd rather dress that way than completely in drab.

Paulacder
06-06-2010, 05:54 AM
If you have read my other Post you know I'm constantly out in what I call "FEM. DRAB" mode. Of late it has ben Capri Pants, white canvas shoes, Ladies top with a bra, a light make up, white ladies exercise cap, and a pair of ladies sun glases. And you are right no one really notices.

AKAMichelle
06-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Safe clothes are anything that covers your body. Walking out of the house half naked would definitely cause a stir. The whole purpose of blending is to not be noticed. If you prefer to be noticed then wear a mini-skirt in the wrong place and people will notice.

nikkijo
06-06-2010, 10:01 AM
doo that daily... i only own girls clothes... and some how still pass as a guy at the time i want too

sandra-leigh
06-06-2010, 10:51 AM
The Kevlar bra has been done (http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s5i74656)....

While searching for it, I came across a report about unsafe bras: reportedly Swedish military bras come open and can catch fire. (Article comments include pictures of fully-dressed women, but I did not hot-link it in case it was deemed inappropriate.)
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/2346547/posts

Rianna Humble
06-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Swedish military bras ... can catch fire.
I did not hot-link it

If it catches fire that easily, you were probably right not to use a hot link :heehee:

Jolene
06-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Not brave enough to wear a skirt out in public, have some really nice ones here, but wear what I feel I can when going out. It is always fun to see how far I can go with dressing outside the house.

Steveo
06-06-2010, 11:23 AM
yes me to, i only wear womens jeans and tops, hoody's you know the usual things poeple do notice but it's no big deal any more but i still feel that going out in a skirt (witch i would love to do) would have me running for cover before the end of my road, :)

Cheryl James
06-06-2010, 11:53 AM
For the past two weeks I have, except for a couple of hours in two instances, worn only female clothing. I have always worn a bra, sometimes with my enhancers, sometimes without. I have been tucked and worn panties. My nails, toes and fingers, have been done in an opaque pink color that a woman might notice but men wouldn't. I have, typically, worn women's dressy flop-flop style sandals. If I am not wearing a wig and full make-up, I have worn women's shorts, jeans, or capri's and a woman's tee shirt. Even though I am an A cup, it is a little too obvious, so I have worn a man's dress shirt over the tee but have left it unbuttoned and the wind does blow once-in-awhile. I have always worn some make-up and women's sunglasses. Though,dressed in that manner, I have not been mistaken as a woman, I know what I am wearing and I feel good about myself. The one giveaway, I think, has been the nails and shoes.

If I wear a wig and full make-up, I feel more feminine, but probably do not pass if I am up close to someone. In either situation I am aware of what I am wearing and I feel good in both cases.

So, if you have a choice, feel good.

Gisele
06-06-2010, 01:50 PM
I too have been going out more dressed but not in overly female looking outfits. I also wear lite makeup and no forms.

I still feel like a guy:sad:.

I am getting closer to going out all of the time dressed full tilt!

Lori_Anne
06-07-2010, 12:01 AM
yes me to, i only wear womens jeans and tops, hoody's you know the usual things poeple do notice but it's no big deal any more but i still feel that going out in a skirt (witch i would love to do) would have me running for cover before the end of my road, :)

Yeah me too women’s jeans and tops unisex shoes, my long hair is usually in a ponytail it's no big deal.

Girl 24/7 and loving it!!:c9:

t-girlxsophie
06-07-2010, 05:50 AM
Am not one for going out half and half unless you count underdressing,just don't see the point in it,although did wear my wifes hooded zipper sweatshirt out last week,just cause I lost mine:doh:

RocketGal
06-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Went to a thrift store to look around on a $2.00 a bag day.
The sales people don't usually look in the bag but I had "Helpfull Harriete"
looking over my shoulder as I was checking the drab summer shorts trying to help me find some 2XL's. I didn't have on my reading specks so I was happy to let her help.

When I got home I found what I thought was VERY nice pair of swim trunks! They were light tan with three half inch blue and two Qtr. inch white stripes on both l&r sides.
I put them on and noticed the "panties" were missing so maybe thet wern't
for swimming. They fit perfectly and hit mid thigh. Very comfortable.
I slipped on a T shirt and flip flops and and went shopping at Wallie's and
Target for the kitty and dog needs.
When I got home my wife commited on how nice the shorts were and
"How much?" & She was very proud of me. lol
Anyway, I brought in my thrift store bag and dumped it on the table.
My wife's first words were "Did you buy these for you or me?" (More an acusation than question.) I don't buy her clothes and she used the: "Why didn't you just put them away with the rest of YOUR things?"
I had three nice XXL(W22/24) shorts in the bag. What was I going to do wth them?
Then I pulled down My great looking shorts that I had put in the bag at the store. Yep! I had 4 pair of very nice feme shorts. Two had fake flies.
the third had just a seam like My shorts.
I kept the original ones and wear then amost every day wherever I go.
The others I dropped off at the GW thrift.

If no one notices why bother?....I feel better knowing I'm closer to what I
joined Crossdressers for a short time ago. I feel safe in MY shorts.

I'm begining to find my way around the site. Maybe in a while...?
RocketGal

MrKunk
06-07-2010, 02:38 PM
I wear panties and tights/pantyhose to work and out in public. It is however always
under pants and a shirt.

Crysten
06-07-2010, 02:46 PM
I always, always underdress. Occasionally I'll wear womens jeans and a conservative top out of the house. Difficult because the kids are usually underfoot.

Christina Horton
06-07-2010, 03:43 PM
For me it not just the clothes but the fact I can let The women in my out and be free. Yes I never wear paints or slacks for out English friends out there. Not because it looks less fem to me ( well there's that in my opion) but I hate paints or shorts an want to wear skirts or dresses all the time. I was at a CD BBQ last sat an. Some of the girls there when I said that told me that one day I would wear paints cuz there more convenent to wear. I told them that I knew myself to well and I know I won't ever want to wear paints as Christina in the furture. Of course I do concide that it may happen but I don't think so.
I allways say "Anything is possable". So I will not discount the chance. I might go out with out makeup and a wig and from the neck down all dolled up , but not right now.

As to the point of the thread. No I have not gone out will a outfit like that. I have gone out wearing my 4 in boots and wearing my male jeans and no one have said anything. So if you want to do it then go for it. If you want to dress from the neck down only then do it , if you want to dress fully then ahhh I'm afraid you can't cuz it's been done before. Just kidding. Just do what you want to and have fun doing it.

Emily Belle
06-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Yes, almost every time I put on girl shorts and a Tee short. That is why I usually wear a skirt and tee over my bra and panties! More girly!! Feels better too! The funny thing is that I rarely ever get any reactions being dressed that way. And since I am not wearing a wig or makeup, there is no question that I am a guy in a skirt! But no one ever says anything to me!! And I go out that way almost every day!

Watt kind of skirt are you romping about in; not a mini!!?

That takes some testes___wow____ just being true to thyself. :eek:

EllieOPKS
06-07-2010, 04:12 PM
So which Thrift stores have a "$2 bag day"?

I am new to this so I haven't hit many thrift shops but I never heard of that. It sounds like a great way pick up new things without spending a ton of cash.

Emily Belle
06-07-2010, 04:29 PM
For the past two weeks I have, except for a couple of hours in two instances, worn only female clothing. I have always worn a bra, sometimes with my enhancers, sometimes without. I have been tucked and worn panties. My nails, toes and fingers, have been done in an opaque pink color that a woman might notice but men wouldn't. I have, typically, worn women's dressy flop-flop style sandals. If I am not wearing a wig and full make-up, I have worn women's shorts, jeans, or capri's and a woman's tee shirt. Even though I am an A cup, it is a little too obvious, so I have worn a man's dress shirt over the tee but have left it unbuttoned and the wind does blow once-in-awhile. I have always worn some make-up and women's sunglasses. Though,dressed in that manner, I have not been mistaken as a woman, I know what I am wearing and I feel good about myself. The one giveaway, I think, has been the nails and shoes.

If I wear a wig and full make-up, I feel more feminine, but probably do not pass if I am up close to someone. In either situation I am aware of what I am wearing and I feel good in both cases.

So, if you have a choice, feel good.

It is so great to hear that you are feeling comfortable
going out part- or full-throttle like this.
i daresay this may be affecting the subconscious:
emboldening me to make my own daring forays.
Insofar as being Noticed, do you find that the younger
women & h.s. girls will give you a wink & a smile for your efforts?
And how does that make you feel__energized for the day?!
[Older women give me this tired look of, "You want to be
dragged down like we are so life-sentenced to??"]

Keep up the chic work. Watch how this goes more & more
mainstream for the 'anything-goes' 21c.

:straightface:

LisaDee
06-07-2010, 05:05 PM
I go out frequently wearing pants. I always look femme with nice ,make-up, wig, and now that summer is here a pair of sandles with painted toenails.

Karen__Starr
06-08-2010, 07:54 PM
I am perfectly happy to wear semi tight female jeans and top along with female sneakers. So when going from male mode to female mode if jeans are what I want to wear all I do is change my hair style and dab on eye makeup for things like shopping. To be honest the more you do it the easier it gets. Of course I do not consider myself a crossdresser so putting on the most female outfit is not my thing.

sexylegs
06-11-2010, 07:08 PM
ooooo yes as much as i can usually jeggings uggs
and a dress top that passes as a t shirt with some hot lace panties and bra never get a second look, however had the laugh of my life when me and my gf went on a short holl wich involved a long drive so i had on my over the knee boots leggings and a long fitted white dress with a cute dress printed on front, bra and nicks no makeup or wig so i got brave and pulled over on the motorway and pretended to fix the bonet on the car and a farmer in a tractor in opposing lane was gobsmaked haha
:drink:

Lacey
06-12-2010, 08:28 AM
I wear ladies jeans, tops and my white keds. I have done the bra and panties thing. Changing in the mens locker room at work is interesting to say the least. lol. :o

patti.jean
06-12-2010, 10:13 AM
I went out yesterday afternoon with my wife, Katherine, dressed in capris, a simple short sleeve top, and a first for me flip-flops. We went to a wig shop downtown, where I did purchase a great wig that I am excited about wearing out tonight. Then we also went to dinner at a restaurant downtown. I did feel like I blended well, which made me feel comfortable, in a way more lady like, and enabled me to enjoy myself more. Katherine and I both had a great time.

kellgrl66
06-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Like to be fem and passable as much as possible but do bike now in shorts and sports bra with b cups and wear a cap and big sunglasses and no one seems to stare on venice beach here

helen.in.va
06-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Thanks to everyone for your feedback!:)

sfwarbonnet
08-20-2010, 10:42 AM
I now routinely wear panties, thigh highs, slip, and women's pull-on pants everwhere and wirh my wife in public and at home. When she's away, I usually wear one of her B cup bras. They are OK for underdressing, albeit I am am A. I am now very comfortable wearing women's clothes, and don't worry anout being "caught", although that might happen if I forget to remove her bra, or I have to go to rhe ER.

kimdl93
08-20-2010, 10:45 AM
If I'm going out on errands I sometimes wear a VS tank top and linen beach pants, with my panties underneath and moderate heel sandals. I certainly don't look fem in these but I know I'm wearing nothing but women's colothing...its sort of hiding in plain site.

Bootsiegalore
08-20-2010, 04:23 PM
no because it is all about wearing dresses/skirts with pantyhose seriously i won't get dressed if i can't look like who i want abigail to look like the whole x dressing for me is all about glamor and feeling glamorous so i don't like wearing shots and a t i can do that any time as my man self

ditto!

crossdrezzer1
08-20-2010, 05:11 PM
go try on a pair of levi 512 boot cut jeans,, they are female jeans but bet you will but them as they look male,, spandex and all,,, fun to wear and no one knows any better

Kathryn Martin
08-20-2010, 05:15 PM
I just bought two pairs of women's jeans (skinny no less) and wear those out all the time. I do wear camis and a shirt overtop. Of course I always wear panties and a bra except to work.

Heather1129
08-20-2010, 07:37 PM
I wear women's jeans to work everyday, no problems. Wear them, and capris or (short) shorts all the time actually. Not overly fem looking, but still no bad reactions other than a long look once in a while. I love the attention! I always have on bra and panties of course. I like to push the envelope and see how much you can get away with and it amazes me sometimes. People just don't care and are in their own little world.

Heather

lingerieLiz
08-21-2010, 01:03 AM
I wear tops and jeans/pants or shorts most of the time. I also wear a bra under my tops. Having a good b/c projection, I'm amazed how seldom it is noticed even when buying women's clothes.

Adele
08-21-2010, 02:20 AM
I've realised that the women who stick out most when you are out and about are those that are "dressed up". For example where I work I saw a woman in a nice dress, heels, tights, hair done nicely and face made up. Fair play maybe but not a sensible outfit for a day at a theme park!!

As I've got older I find that my dressing habits are more laid back and casual and less over the top. I think as we start to explore our feelings we picture ourselves as a red hot diva 24/7. In reality this does not happen as it is impractical to dress like that for everyday.

Don't get me wrong, my greatest thrills and fantasies are to be that diva but I have to accept there is no way I could ever pass properly. I stand a better chance of passing by blending in and not attracting attention, so a more casual and relaxed look would be more successful.

sandra-leigh
08-21-2010, 10:10 AM
I stand a better chance of passing by blending in and not attracting attention, so a more casual and relaxed look would be more successful.

Skirts can be pretty casual, and much easier to put on than skinny jeans, so current trends cannot really be explained in those terms.

Anyhow, the problem I have with dressing "casual and relaxed look" is that no-one notices.

Yup, that is a paradox of cross-dressing: we often want to blend in and "not attract attention" as a female -- but in order for people to perceive us as female, we have to dress to give off sufficiently strong signals that people notice us and use the clothing cues to override the masculine cues. We have to attract attention in order to "not attract attention" in the manner we want.

I wear female clothes except when I'm going to be working in dirt, but when I dress "casual" in the sense of the above (pants or jeans and a simple top), people see the cues of my height and my facial structure and "read" me as male very quickly, even with my long hair and even when I'm wearing D-ish forms. I have to wear clothes that are more obviously femme in order to average out to transgender (no-one has figured out yet how to make me look female...)

sfwarbonnet
08-21-2010, 01:58 PM
Skirts can be pretty casual, and much easier to put on than skinny jeans, so current trends cannot really be explained in those terms.

Discoved while putting on a garter belt with a skirt that it is much easier to put on a one holer (skirt) than a two holer (pants). but I usually underdress so I need a long skirt, not overtly femme, that looks like pants en passant