PDA

View Full Version : I Am Never Gonna Pass!

Persephone
06-06-2010, 02:57 AM
My spouse and I went to a gun show today. I was wearing a dark blue t-shirt with "Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms Should Be A Convenience Store, Not A Government Agency" on the back, drab brown Dockers®, a brown overshirt, and a leather "fanny pack" slung across my shoulder.

Short of an AK-47 over my shoulder and a bottle of Jack Daniels® clenched in a fist, this is about as "macho" looking as I get.

As we walked through the entrance line the woman taking tickets greeted us with a cheery "Good morning ladies!"

The same with the woman in charge of the door.

Spouse and I split up to use the restrooms. As I walked into the men's room a man immediately began telling me that I was in the wrong restroom!

Apparently, there is NO WAY I could pass as an FtM!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/AlcoholTobaccoFirearmsConvenience.jpg

Kerigirl2009
06-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Oh that is so not a problem. I think I would love to have that problem on most occassions. This would allow me to go out with more confidence more often. Also, it would bring a smile to my face. Have fun. :)

Jolene
06-06-2010, 11:11 AM
That would never happen to me but it seems you can pass so go out and enjoy. :)

Cheryl James
06-06-2010, 11:24 AM
And, the problem is...........?

docrobbysherry
06-06-2010, 11:47 AM
SOME folks complain when they win multi-million $$ lotteries, too!:brolleyes:

Seriously, it MUST be TOUGH!:sad:
But, hang in there! Maybe next time, cut your hair, leave off the makeup and breast forms?:heehee:

KarenSusan
06-06-2010, 11:55 AM
I sure wish I had that "problem".

Rachel Morley
06-06-2010, 12:51 PM
OMG! .... I would love to be in this situation. To be able to go out in public without dressing fully with hip padding, forms, makeup, wig, and feminine clothes, .... AND STILL ... pass as female, would be the ultimate for me :)

Persephone
06-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Thank y'all! I must admit, it is a wonderful "problem" to have, but the fact that I have shifted so far that the recognition is pretty much automatic regardless of how I'm dressed does bother my spouse. After all, there are times she'd like to be with "her man."

And it is pretty disconcerting to find yourself in limbo at times, rejected as it were by your "birth gender" and the habits you grew up with.

Should I have seriously used the ladies' room? Dressed en drab (at least as I saw it) I would have felt uncomfortable making that attempt. What if I'd been "rejected" there? Just go "ooops!" and turn around and walk over to the men's room?

Sometimes it seems there are only two avenues open to me. One is to go full-time en femme, something my spouse would probably not completely appreciate.

The other is to slice off my hair, rip off my acrylic nails, let my eyebrows grow to their heart's content (picture Santa Claus' bushy eyebrows), grow a beard (tricky after electrolysis and laser) and consign myself permanently to "guy world."

Hugs,
Persephone.

Lexine
06-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Persephone!

That sure is quite a predicament and, apparently, one that we had similar experiences with!

So I went to jury duty en drab this past Friday and of course since there was about 87 cases that needed jurors, I would at least be called into a courtroom once. Once the judge asked who had hardships in the room she started calling out people who had their hand raised. Finally, she got to me and said, "Yes ma'm" and all I could do was let out the deepest, manliest voice I could ever do at which point everyone laughed. I thought to myself: "Wow, if this judge misjudged my gender, I wouldn't want to be in this case!" I have a pic of what I wore and my friends told me it was a little bit androgynous, but I was in plain sight of the judge. Oh well, c'est la vie!

t-girlxsophie
06-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Oh! My heart bleeds for you :) seriously its must be great for your self esteem that you can pass anywhere,enjoy every moment

Andy66
06-06-2010, 02:09 PM
So then, what did you do/say after the guy told you you were in the "wrong" restroom?

docrobbysherry
06-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Sorry, Persephone! For poking fun at u! For those of us that can't pass, fully made/dressed up, at midnite in the middle of nowhere, it didn't SOUND like much of a problem!:straightface:

However, the only way I could actually appreciate your situation, is to walk some in your shoes! Which I can never do!:brolleyes:

I HAVE been married, tho. So, I DO understand ANYTHING that makes life more difficult between the 2 of u IS a problem! I hope the 2 of u can come to an agreeable compromise!?:thumbsup:

Cassandra Lynn
06-06-2010, 02:23 PM
So the real issue is a little deeper than the passing, and i feel for you AND your spouse. But enjoy it as you should and hope that the love you both share will be enough.

Not to hijack the thread and peave the anti-gun folks, but where did you find the tee shirt, i love it.......wonder if it can be had in pink!!!!

mj (Cassie)

charlie
06-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Hello Persephone!
So you pass now, except when you don't want to. You must look terrific when you dress then! Most of us would love to have your problem. We would probably never change back to male.

sissystephanie
06-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Except for 4 years in the military, I have worn a bra, under a doctor's order, since I was 9 years old. Until I really decided to cut my hair, I frequently got called Ma'am no matter how I was dressed. The funny thing is that my hair was never even shoulder length. It was thick and bushy, but not long. Now it is 1/8 inch, that is what there is of it!! So I definitely look like a male, no matter what I am wearing. I do go out frequently dressed enfemme, but as I have said before, no wig and no makeup. Just me! And I still get called "Ma'am" on occasion!! I guess it is my rather noticeable "Boobs." But I don't care, as long as I am called when the food is ready!!:heehee:

KateSpade83
06-07-2010, 07:13 PM
I looked at all of your past threads and you have only 1 picture thread and the 1 picture of you doesn't show you well. Post a pic of yourself in guy and girl mode in the Pic Section so we can judge how you mostly look.

Persephone
06-08-2010, 02:33 AM
I looked at all of your past threads and you have only 1 picture thread and the 1 picture of you doesn't show you well. Post a pic of yourself in guy and girl mode in the Pic Section so we can judge how you mostly look.

Sorry, Kate! I thought that over the past couple of years I'd posted a ton of pictures. I guess they've all been scattered in different messages like this one (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133191&highlight=sketch) of having my portrait done.

I'll try to figure out how to use the photo album system here and maybe put several pictures in one area.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Christina Horton
06-08-2010, 11:53 AM
I can understand your concern with your wife. But having said that. I would love to have your prob. I can't even come close to passing in drab. I look way to much like a mean biker. I am a biker but just a nice one. :heehee: . It's takes makeup and wigs to fem- my look down then comes my way of moving. I just let the girl in me take my body and move it. Kind of like a martinet.lol. It's just natural for me , but even if I let her move me en-drab I would still look and fully pass as a guy..... Maybe a gay guy but a guy none the less.

So if you can make your wife happy and still be seen as a women in drab mode then you win the game of life. Take care and above all enjoy life , we only get to play this game once ! Well most of us do!!!

tammygirl79
06-14-2010, 10:04 AM
I wish I had your problem!!! The closest I get to having that problem is that I have a naturally high pitched femenin sounding voice....especially over the phone. If I get a phone call from a sales man/woman, they think they are talking to a woman.