PDA

View Full Version : the answer to why we do this

Shari
06-06-2010, 06:55 AM
Girls, I finally have it figured out.

In doing some recent reading, I found out that many human beings start out as twins in the womb, approximately one in ten pregnancies.
Many of these end with one twin dominating the other for food and space. The second fetus cannot compete and is eventually absorbed by the dominant fetus.

I figure most of us here were all twins at one point in our development.

So, how many think you might have eaten your sister?

Jocelyn Quivers
06-06-2010, 09:32 AM
It may be possible, being that I feel often like the bratty, pesky, tag
-along, spoiled getting everything she wants kid sister my male side.

Deborah Jane
06-06-2010, 09:37 AM
I figure most of us here were all twins at one point in our development.

I think I could have been one of triplets, it would explain a lot :eek: :heehee:

AKAMichelle
06-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Why not! It is one possibliity as why I turned out this way. I don't think we will ever know for sure - so in the meantime I'm just going to be me. :D

pernille d
06-06-2010, 02:05 PM
i have twin boys , so yes i have done lots of reading about twins , and the bit about a lot of people starting as twins is true , i cant remember where or when i read it but there is also a conection between this and left handed people and starting as twins, ther was information showing that the lefthanded in most cases survieded out of the two , so it is quite possable that when more research is done they might find out that more lefthanded people started out as twins.

its quite intersting to think that maybe we have collected inherited things from the other foster , that is only if the foster is abzorbed by the other and that it does not get cleaned out

just for info i am right handed :) my dad was a twin but his twin sister died at birth .

does make you think a bit about it though

aggi123
06-06-2010, 02:28 PM
hey! My twin is sitting right next to me as I type this :)

oh i'm left handed too :)

Cassandra Lynn
06-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Sorry but i'm a little confused now, i had read something to the effect that A fetus has both sexual parts up untill a certain point when one takes over, i had not heard the twins angle.
Forgive me for not doing the research myself, reading technical, medical, biological stuff makes my wee brain ache. mj (Cassie)

charlie
06-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Dang Sheri, if I ate her and won, why did she have the power to take over and make me wear her clothes?

Karinsamatha
06-06-2010, 05:44 PM
I have no idea if I absorbed my sister - I have enough trouble remembering what I did yesterday!
So untill I know more I'll just be me.

sissystephanie
06-06-2010, 08:53 PM
I have no idea if I absorbed my sister - I have enough trouble remembering what I did yesterday!
So untill I know more I'll just be me.

I think that is my answer too!! What was the question? Oh yes, I do have a sister but she is older than I am! Can I still get rid of her?

Ashley S
06-06-2010, 09:08 PM
I dunno, I kinda think I didn't get the full dose of male hormones early in development. That's the one that makes the most sense to me anyway.

t-girlxsophie
06-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Is it april fools day today?!:D

Persephone
06-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Urp!

Kelly DeWinter
06-06-2010, 10:37 PM
That would be a crule trick for vegans, starting out as Carniviorus Cannibals !!!!!

Satrana
06-07-2010, 05:19 AM
Good Lord, whatever next....

You are referring to the Vanishing Twin Syndrome where one fetus is miscarried. The fetus is absorbed back into the mother NOT by the other fetus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice try but better stick to - "My Mother was abducted by a Martian" next time.:tongueout

Tasha McIntyre
06-07-2010, 09:41 AM
i have twin boys , so yes i have done lots of reading about twins

I have 6yo twin boys, and have done my fair share of research too, but have never heard on anything like the topic of this thread.

i had read something to the effect that A fetus has both sexual parts up until a certain point when one takes over, i had not heard the twins angle.
(Cassie)

I've heard that we all began life as female, before 49.99% changed to male leaving a very slight world population imbalance favoring the females.

Tash

Shari
06-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Oh Satrana.
How misinformed some of us girls are.

There ARE Martians, you know.

I've also seen the New Jersey devils and even Bigfoot. Most recently, Elvis and Princess Diana visited me at the mall.

Hmmm. Let's see. if she bought that........

Want to buy some real estate I own in Florida?

Kate Simmons
06-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Not nearly as small time as that. My origins go way back and no twin was involved other than my twin flame.:)

kayegirl
06-07-2010, 04:15 PM
I am a twin, and I have hated my twin brother from as far back as I can remember, (I have not seen or communicated with him for more than 12 years now and hope that I never will again). I have always tried to be as different from him as possible, and being that he is the typical macho sporty male, from a very early age figured that I could not be more different than being a girl.

charlotte_sp
06-08-2010, 01:39 AM
@kaye: What you said reminds me of an article that I read once.
Some statistical studies suggested that males were more likely to be homosexual if they had an older brother.
It's an open question though whether it's due to a genetic effect or social/cultural one.
A lot of recent research suggests that sibling rivalry has a very strong influence on how people develop, so maybe sibling relationships play a role in the desire to cross-dress as well.

Anyways, some food for thought XD

AlisonRenee
06-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Maybe.

But I think that for some of us, at least, there's a point during fetal development where the mother's hormone balance gets a little wonky, and the baby boy-to-be gets a bath in estrogen right about the time that the brain wiring is taking place.

If you're of a certain age, DES was routinely prescribed to pregnant women to prevent miscarriage. There's supposedly a link between that and higher incidence of transsexualism. DES elevated estrogen levels, and the connection is that the baby got an elevated wash of estrogen at a critical point in brain development. My mother had miscarried before me, was in her mid 30s, and took DES when pregnant with me.

No way I can *know*, of course, but it explains a lot. In so many ways I'm so wired for girl, mentally and emotionally, and I've known it most of my life. I may be fooling myself, but there's some peace in the valley for me with the realization that the crazy chick feelings I've always tried to hide aren't my imagination.

Some study results are here:

http://www.antijen.org/transadvocate/id33.html

Satrana
06-09-2010, 01:30 AM
But I think that for some of us, at least, there's a point during fetal development where the mother's hormone balance gets a little wonky, and the baby boy-to-be gets a bath in estrogen right about the time that the brain wiring is taking place.

There is no time when your brain wiring is set. Your brain grows continuously throughout pregnancy so in order to have a "female" brain, you must have been exposed to high levels of estrogen throughout the pregnancy such as when DES was prescribed in the past - in which case it is likely physical effects would be noticed - indeed DES children showed higher levels of genital abnormalities.

Also only half the brain develops in the womb - the entire frontal lobe which is the thinking part of the brain that makes us human does not grow inside the womb but only grows after birth at which point the brain's wiring is only subject to the baby's own hormones coming from its genitals i.e. testosterone in a normal male.

Because of the above we are not born with a conscious ability to think - there is no inner voice, no appreciation of "me". Babies only become self aware of themselves at around 20 months at which point they form their self identity including their gender identity.

Vicky_Scot
06-09-2010, 04:59 AM
Sorry but i'm a little confused now, i had read something to the effect that A fetus has both sexual parts up untill a certain point when one takes over.

No that is not the case. All of us start of in the early stages as female.

Initially, all human fetuses are female, in that the default pathway is to develop into a female. During the eighth week of gestation, the presence of a Y chromosome and a functional locus for the SRY gene product, also called the testes determining factor (TDF), determines if testicular development will occur. This process converts the inherently female fetus into a male one, as a steadily increasing surge of testosterone is then produced by the testes.

Vicky_Scot
06-09-2010, 05:18 AM
Girls, I finally have it figured out.

In doing some recent reading, I found out that many human beings start out as twins in the womb, approximately one in ten pregnancies.

Known as Vanishing Twin Phenomenon.

http://www.liv.ac.uk/researchintelligence/issue17/vanishingtwins.html

Satrana
06-10-2010, 03:55 AM
Initially, all human fetuses are female, in that the default pathway is to develop into a female.

Incorrect. All fetuses (or more precisely zygotes) are neutral and genderless until the sex is determined in the second month. Female is not the default sex - there is no default sex. The initial structures in the genital region are homologous and can develop into either male or female organs.

Miss Tanya
06-10-2010, 08:08 AM
Are you sure all fetuses start out genderless?

I heard somewhere that all fetuses begin as female and then some develop into male, which is why all of us have nipples. There is also a theory about fetal development and homosexuality, that women's bodies sometimes respond negatively to the process of female fetus becoming male, so it tries naturally to stop the process.

Not that I'm a science wiz either...

Satrana
06-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Are you sure all fetuses start out genderless? Yes I am sure - check any medical book if you don't believe. The sexualization process does not begin until the second month.

that women's bodies sometimes respond negatively to the process of female fetus becoming male, so it tries naturally to stop the process.
Since it was never female in the first place then this is one tall tale. And if this fable explains gay men then how are lesbians produced since the fetus is supposedly female all along?

SummerJ
06-10-2010, 02:32 PM
so basically, my evil twin exists somewhere inside me?

that would explain my desire to learn how to write left handed

all this talk about fetuses starting out female makes me think of Jurassic Park... and that just leads to a long string of tangential thoughts

Katherine1951
06-19-2010, 03:18 PM
I believe I am the sister and I ate my brother, therefore I got his "Member":brolleyes:, I do also like the taste of women so maybe I am also a gay woman:eek:, I am also bi curious so maybe my man interests means I am the sister, or maybe I am both the sister and the brother and we are both bi:eek:. Whichever way it is I am happy with myself, now if I could just find a partner who would be happy with me:sad:.
Love to you all,
Kat