PDA

View Full Version : Jurors, androgyny, hamburgers, movies, Alex, and Lexi

Lexine
06-07-2010, 06:16 PM
So this past Friday I decided to go to Jury Duty en drab because I'm not a morning person and I know somehow that I'll mess up my makeup if I went en femme. This didn't matter though as I'll soon find out later.

I got called to be part of a panel of jurors and was asked if we had to declare any hardship. I then raised my hand, along with the rest of the jurors who had to declare hardship, and the judge called us one by one. Right when it got to me, the judge then said, "Ma'm, state your name and your hardship please."

Now I was confused. I wasn't en femme at all, and I don't think that I wore anything that gave away that I was trying feminine at any point during the hearing. So I decided to give the deepest "Uhhh" that I can give out and everyone laughed. Mind you, I was in plain sight of the judge so somehow she felt that "Ma'm" was the appropriate greeting to give me.

This is the outfit that I wore during Jury Duty. I asked for a vote on my Facebook to see whether or not it looked androgynous or masculine. 5 out of 5 people said it was androgynous. What do you think?

Androgynous or masculine?

Then on Saturday, it was our oft-delayed yet finally happening Girls' Night Out - though it started at 3:00pm. I realized that the blouse I'd gotten the day before was too small for me, so my girlfriend and I went to TARGET and got a blouse and a cardigan to go with my brown flares and my green beret. We also got a hair clip since we're going to be eating after the movie and so she helped me make a pony tail. Thank goodness she's a costume designer and knows about style too! After that, we went ahead and picked up Elizabeth, my best friend and stylist, and then proceeded and watched Prince of Persia at Arclight Cinemas.

After watching the movie, we then went to The Counter and finally had our picture taken the right way. The Arclight had some funky lighting, so some of our photos sadly didn't come out as well as we'd hope for. This was Elizabeth's first time at The Counter and we needed to capture the moment, in addition to being my and my girlfriend's 3rd time at this burger joint together (not this specific one, but the chain in general). We joked around while eating our meals, at Alex's expense, and decided that we should keep doing this more often. Hope this is a good compromise and hope people enjoyed the story(ies)!

AriannaVillota
06-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Three gorgeous girls having a great dinner paid for by a guy!

Lexine
06-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Yea! A good thing I stole Alex's credit card ;)

Michaela42
06-07-2010, 11:40 PM
Yea! A good thing I stole Alex's credit card ;)

Stealing is not right! But if Alex would be willing to buy me a few things I guess it would not be too bad ;)

Great story and pics. Keep them coming!

Sheila
06-08-2010, 12:55 AM
Lexi nice pics (and stories:)) I would say you tended toward the fem side of masculine in your courthouse presentation, nothing in particular gives it away, just a look you wear that I think you carry whether being androgynous, or male in presentation. I think you are blessed with being comfortable with you at all times and it shows ..... if that makes sense :)

DonniDarkness
06-08-2010, 07:59 AM
Hey alex!,

Finally got to see pics of the new lady friend! She is cute!

Oh and i had something to add about this:

This is the outfit that I wore during Jury Duty. I asked for a vote on my Facebook to see whether or not it looked androgynous or masculine. 5 out of 5 people said it was androgynous. What do you think?

I think its the glasses....your glasses are feminine in either of your modes, dear. Just my opinion, tho. The sleek frames scream unicorns and rainbows.

Oh how was Prince of Persia?

Your Friend,
-Donni-

Kathi Lake
06-08-2010, 08:14 AM
I see a table with three pretty girls! Case closed!

Your glasses, hairless face, pretty brows and the embroidery on the shirt all scream girly to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that . . .

:)

Kathi