PDA

View Full Version : how come i never seem to know what i m looking for!

danielle.cd
06-07-2010, 06:52 PM
every day i check my messages here thinking, someone is going to tell me something i didnt know before or give me a tip or something, nope, i then check the boards for info, nope nothing new except alot of basic comments or life stories, even in the pix section i think maybe ill find a new style to try, nope
then i look for anything that i might be able to help someone else with hmmmm i cant seem to be of any help today and i dont like to just make meaning less coments , compliments yes ill give them but only if i think is worth the compliment as i would like them only if I deserved it not just to create small talk. so day in day out why do i keep checking in,

well i guess its called hope, does anyone else feel this way or am i just crazy

Ashley S
06-07-2010, 07:53 PM
I think I disagree.

Ever since me and my SO split up, I spend a lot more time on here. I live by myself now, and don't have many friends in this town, so I come here just for some social interaction. It helps me not feel so alone.

It's hard to be TG, and I'm glad there's a supportive place like this. About half a year ago, I was in a very bad head-space, thinking dying might not be such a bad thing, but the people here have been an inspiration for me.

Since joining here, I've accepted the fact that I'm TG and am looking into seeing a psychiatrist. Maybe one day I'll even feel happy and lively again.

I don't know if I would've gotten to where I am now, mentally, without the folks here. So I'm happy to just be here.

docrobbysherry
06-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Ignoring the feeling of community and comraderie here, I can't remember the last time I visited here without learning SOMETHING!:)

For instance this visit, I learned some CD/TGs, ( from Ur post), get very little from this site!:eek:
I had NO IDEA!:brolleyes:

BLUE ORCHID
06-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Hi Danielle

Tell us what you want.

Ask us some questions and I'll bet you'll get more answers
than you will know what to do with.

Whatever it is someone will have an answer.

Orchid

msniki48
06-07-2010, 08:55 PM
every day i check my messages here thinking, someone is going to tell me something i didnt know before or give me a tip or something, nope, i then check the boards for info, nope nothing new except alot of basic comments or life stories, even in the pix section i think maybe ill find a new style to try, nope
then i look for anything that i might be able to help someone else with hmmmm i cant seem to be of any help today and i dont like to just make meaning less coments , compliments yes ill give them but only if i think is worth the compliment as i would like them only if I deserved it not just to create small talk. so day in day out why do i keep checking in,

Danielle, I don't think you are too off the mark. I do think there is always something to be picked up or learned, but the more you are on...the more posts you read...

i think that is why many times you will see some of the old favorites....here for a few months...then life gets in the way for a few...and then they miss the comeradery [ spelling???] and they come back with some new things or experiences. it is cyclical. don't feel bad.:love:

Engendered
06-07-2010, 09:03 PM
I get a similar feeling. I check in every day searching for 'something', although I'm not really sure what it is. I usually don't find anything, but I'll be back again tomorrow! :)

Cassandra Lynn
06-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Some days are better than others, but i just keep going back to the "wish this existed 30 yrs ago" when i was so desperately lost. Those days with the "what am i?", "why do i?" "i feel so alone". Does that ring a bell?

No offense, but maybe your expecting too much, or wanting too much.

I have bad days as well, days when i think i'm not liking it here, or think the topics are "horses beaten beyond recognition", but then i remember that some folks are new or have valid reasons for asking what they do.

Hope that helps.
Of course, you can always take some time away too.
mj (Cassie)

AKAMichelle
06-07-2010, 09:21 PM
I have had spurts where I wasn't that interested in anything that was said on here. I felt so disconnected from cd'ing. I knew I was a cd'er but I just didn't have the drive to do it for awhile. Eventually it came back and I find that you get out what you put into this forum. I have been very active lately and have met some wonderful people who I have been fortunate enough to talk with on the phone. I found talking to them helped me as well.

It's kinda of like begin depressed and you have to keep putting your pants everyday to go to work. It eventually goes away but only if you want it to. Let us know what we can do to snap you out of it.

Tasha McIntyre
06-08-2010, 04:16 AM
Danielle,

I agree to a certain extent, but not totally. When I first joined here I was deep in the closet, deeply confused and totally alone. I knew nothing about why I was 'different'. Therefore just about everything I read here was fresh and exciting, and a true discovery. Now, after reading thousands of posts, and have come to terms with myself I don't really need to learn a lot more, but I agree with Docrobby
I can't remember the last time I visited here without learning SOMETHING!:)

I see you have been a member for over 2 years, so chances are you have come across just about every question and scenario we CDers can think of. Orchid hit the nail on the head....

Tell us what you want.
Whatever it is someone will have an answer.

As for me, I have come an incredible distance since joining, and I love reading about others who have taken, or are taking similar steps.

This probably doesn't help you much, but it's my :2c:

Tash :)

Freddy12
06-08-2010, 05:36 AM
I find my time spent in this forum very helpful. There are folks here who inspire me to become more beautiful, others who inspire me to dress more often - as I would like to anyway - I just need a push. I am happy to try to offer advice to others, and to welcome the newcomers. In short, I enjoy this forum.

Perhaps there is not a need to look for something, but a need to just enjoy your time here.

Deborah Jane
06-08-2010, 05:46 AM
I don't really look for anything in particular on here anymore, I just come here because I enjoy being here among friends. :)

erickka
06-08-2010, 05:57 AM
I don't really look for anything in particular on here anymore, I just come here because I enjoy being here among friends. :)

I strongly agree here. There is a wonderful bunch on this forum, and for me, it is my main source of socializing. I pretty much keep to myself in my ever day world, and look forward to checking in, if doing nothing more than to say hi!

Tracey Corset
06-08-2010, 06:00 AM
Some days are better than others, but i just keep going back to the "wish this existed 30 yrs ago" when i was so desperately lost. Those days with the "what am i?", "why do i?" "i feel so alone". Does that ring a bell?
mj (Cassie)
I agree with Cassie, those, like myself now in middle age never had anything like this when we were young, absolutely no one to talk to about how or why we were what we are, this is a godsend for those that may need help, perhaps you should try to look around other parts of the forum such as the lounge etc, there is something for everyone here, or perhaps tell us what it is you are looking for
Tracey

danielle.cd
06-08-2010, 06:22 AM
thanks for your responces, i do want to say that i do enjoy the site like to read what people write, sometimes i get taken the wrong way as words written dont always sound the way they are said if you were to speak them,

im glad im not the only one that feels this way and belive me if i want to know something i would normaly just ask, as for what i want out of the site, friends, advice, all of the above
im the type of person that waits on the mail just to see if i have any even though i didn order anything or i know its just gana be a bill
i realize that i dont always post when im on but to me i guess i get a good feeling about the place and when i cant seem to dress for a while its nice to here what others are doing in there lives,

and believe me i dont have any intentions on stoping checking in everyday two or three times a day

Sweeterica
06-08-2010, 06:37 AM
To get the most out of this wonderful site we need to try to put in as much as we take out,yes some days theres not much to comment on but we can always ask cant we, I have learnt a lot in the short time i been here,i never realised there were so many of us girls about,its so lovely to share our thoughts,worries,experiences etc with other understanding people.

Kelly DeWinter
06-08-2010, 07:05 AM

Well that does it ! I guess we should just shut the forum down, theres nothing new under the sun ! (For moderators, this is a cheeky retort, please do not shut the forum down)

Albert Einstien one said " All the answers are here all around us, We just have to ask the right questions."

Shake the trees, come up with a thread that is thought provoking if you don't find things interesting here.

As far as life stories, and pix. The people here both women and men, trans or not have worked hard to become and achieve and be where they are in life, I hardly think of it as 'basic' .

And as far a compliments go, Everyone deserves the compliments they have been given, your post seems to imply that if you do not repond to a thread, the the ones who do make 'meaningless compliments' and that people might not deserve them.

Sometimes compliments can be an encouragement, small talk can help someone with an issue in their lives. I have known childern,teens, and adults who have starved emotionaly for even small compliments.

I think you will find your life and those around you more enriched if you participated more in the lives of others, rather then waiting for something that 'deserved' a reponse or compliment, after all one of the most 'meaningless'
phrase's in our society does the most good for people who hear it. "Have a nice day!"

Kelly

victoriamwilliams1
06-08-2010, 07:11 AM
I am here about 4 times a week and on a good week everyday! However I find a few topics that peek my intrest when I come everyday.Now when I visit every other day I find much to talk about.

Kathi Lake
06-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Danielle,

No, you're not alone. I sometimes check in here, look through a few posts and think, "Wow, yet another panty thread. Sigh." :)

Yes, it is cyclical. Yes, the same topics do come up time after time. If I were an admin, I would be torn between politely reminding people of the Search function (it's great! Try it! :)) and finding the nearest bell tower and lots of ammo.

So, why do I stay? Simple. Others that came before me stayed and helped. Like Tash, when I started, I was convinced I was alone. I was convinced that no one could possibly understand me. Luckily, I was wrong. People here not only understood, but had already been where I was and provided the answers I needed. They were patient, loving, and helpful. I try to honor that commitment by doing the same.

Kathi

minalost
06-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Yes, it is cyclical. Yes, the same topics do come up time after time...

In fact, I just responded to a "do you like pink" tread. I know I answered this question about 6 months ago.

People come and people go. New sisters here haven't seen some of the old threads, and while the search function is okay, it's nice to have a fresh view on some old topics.

We come here for support. Sometimes we need more support than others, and sometimes its our sisters who need our support. Being here and responding to questions or just saying "it's going to be okay..." is why we are here. It's why I keep comming back.

We're a community.

Just my :2c:.
:hugs:

Joanne f
06-08-2010, 02:43 PM
I learn something every day on here , not quite sure what it is yet :doh: but i will do soon :heehee: i think , yes i am sure i will tomorrow.