PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Artists: Have you ever done over a picture from your youth?

MarinaTwelve200
08-22-2005, 11:33 AM
I was wondering if any of you Photoshop artists out there have ever made over a picture from your younger days---early teens, before developing a manly phisique, when you would have looked your BEST---If only you had access to proper makeup, wigs, etc.?

I told myself since I started CDing (12-13) that my main objective was"Just to see what I would have looked like as a girl". Then, I never had the resourses to be able to pull it off----and my curiosity persisted---for years, perhaps finally ingraining CD into my personality to this day.

Well, I found a 1965 photo of myself when I was 14-15 and did it over into something that resembles my current style---Not my best work, but I was pleasantly surprised at the results.---perhaps If I acheived THAT degree of CD back then, I might have satisfied my curiosity not be CDing now----On second thought, I cant say if that would have been a good thing or not :D

Mx Justina
08-22-2005, 01:34 PM
I have't gotten hold of that photoshop software yet (DanaJ was the first who clearly clued me towards it)...but it's there in my near future...

However, when I get hold of it I would refrain from fooling around with my early photos... For starts, it would be too negative a reminder of the hard-won personal freedom which was effectively denied to me, due ignorance and instilled fears in my youth.

Also, I'm now chestier and hipier than I was in my youth...So trying to flesh out my early photos would be somewhat disheartening...

J.

jo_ann
08-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Hmm.. haven't thought of doing that. I think I started photoshopping when I was around.. 17 or 18, but I should try a younger photo (i'm quite good and am willing to photoshop stuff for anyone in here). Though in a related story, I have a god-son who might turn into a crossdresser (steals his sisters panties) and I photoshopped him just to see what he'd look like as a girl, and I must say other than his crooked teeth he doesn't look bad (though I'm sure just about every boy looks passable as a girl).

I've even gone so far as morphing myself into celebrity women (both still picture and video).

ronni
08-22-2005, 09:31 PM
That's interesting that you should say that, Marina, that you just wanted to see how you would look as a girl,
that has always been my motivation, but I haven't heard anyone say that before, and I still haven't pulled it off either, but it sure is fun trying!

StephanieCD
08-22-2005, 10:11 PM
That's funny... I used to get the sh*t kicked out of me for being too girlie... wouldn't take much Photoshop at all ;) I used to be very pretty if I do say so - then I was visited by the hair and fat fairy... and she didn't tuck it under my pillow!

MarinaTwelve200
08-23-2005, 07:03 AM
That's interesting that you should say that, Marina, that you just wanted to see how you would look as a girl,
that has always been my motivation, but I haven't heard anyone say that before, and I still haven't pulled it off either, but it sure is fun trying!

To tell you the truth, it was only 8 months or so ago that I FINALLY got a handle on my girl look---that is it, finally struck home I started at 12-13 but finally actually "Saw" my female self only at age 55,== due to a new wig and a happy makeup "accident".(Thankfully I look much younger) You can do the math. I always seemed to look somehow "weird" in femme (to me) before that revelation.---Now that I KNOW what my femme self is supposed to look like--I did a photoshop job of a younger pic.---And am STILL Cding.

I suppose my early simple "curiosity" became an obcession---something I was BOUND and determined to find out, that may have evoved into something else, more complicated.

Ashley in Virginia
08-23-2005, 02:26 PM
I have always been intrigued by photoshop and what all it can do. However I have never had the time to play with it much and as a result have really given up on photo editing all together. I dont even resize pics anymore, I just use a photo hosting website to put them up here.

jo_ann
08-23-2005, 06:59 PM
The two basic things you need to learn in photoshop for touching up is:
1. the cloning tool (with percentage of opaquness)
2. The brush (to shade and blend the two images together).

Once you figure that out, you can totally edit your photos (usually if you crop your face onto another body, you have to also play around with resizing the bigger photo to match scale)

MarinaTwelve200
08-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Although I HAVE photoshop and CAN use it I prefer to work with PhotodeluxeHE---It will do anything photoshop will do (for what I need it for anyway) and the main controls are a LOT easier---not buried under several layers or "levels" of selection boxes.--I can control the opacity of each layer, balance color contrast, satuatration, etc. select colors, etc etc. Especially if one is already an artist. Im just saying you dont have to buy a 500 dollar, confusing as hell program when there are others out there that will do just as well.---I got my Photodeluxe as a freebee with my Olymus digital camera.

BTW Im thinking about posting my pic of my younger self----But I wuz wanting to wait till someone else did it first----What would "The Watchers and holy ones" say if I posted a pic of a minor--even though its not "sexual" and its ME--who definately is not a minor N E more? :D

jo_ann
08-24-2005, 05:52 PM
For all those aspiring artists that wanna photoshop but don't have the dough, here's the next best thing.. Paint shop pro studio, FREE after $50 rebate:
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=20363486&loc=105&sp=1&adid=17662&adid=17662

jo_ann
08-24-2005, 09:45 PM
how's this ashley?
http://home.comcast.net/~toyotaboy/ashley.gif

Tristen Cox
08-24-2005, 11:39 PM
how's this ashley?
http://home.comcast.net/~toyotaboy/ashley.gif
Damn I think that's a winner :thumbsup:

Lana
08-28-2005, 10:50 PM
I made this with one of my photoshop programs. Tis not my body... but sadly tis my face.

Jamie_will_do
08-29-2005, 07:36 AM
Great idea - I'll be rummaging through my old school pics later today!

And love that animation jo_ann - very nicely done.

On the software front, Paintshop Pro and Photo Deluxe are excellent packages and do pretty much everything most users need to do with images. However, I'm probably what people call a 'power user' of Photoshop and Illustrator (the 'toon linked from my sig is mostly Photoshop), and if anyone wants any help or advice with what Photoshop can do and how to do it, don't hesitate to pm me - I may even have the answer :D

MarinaTwelve200
08-29-2005, 08:12 AM
This one is a photodeluxeHE construct The head and face is mine the body is not.---Unfortunately thats not my BEST face, but its one from the right angle that fits.----Of course one must match image resulution, color balance, contrast and brightness and color saturation so the pic dosent look pasted on, and the edges need to be smudged a bit to avoid the "cut out" look---Most important, the head must be the right proportion to the body, size wise or it might look odd. it helps if you already are an artist. That being the case, I can get away with using photodeluxe, and its better accessable controls, most of the time,and save my Photoshop for more complex projects.

jo_ann
08-29-2005, 06:23 PM
speakin of morphing.. I just downloaded "winmorph" the other day because it's now freeware (seems to be happening a lot lately with old programs), and I don't like their interface at all, very confusing.