PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Serious Q for you...

Katie Ashe
08-22-2005, 11:34 AM
I'm happy as a guy, Don't want a sex change, not on hormons. But have this desire to loose my boys and keep the flag pole. I don't want anymore kids. Had the snipe done back in 1997. But worry about having kids still. Doctor says I'm sterile. But when Dressing they are always in my flipping way. Would I still be considered a guy if this was done? Am I the only one who thinks this way? I feel stupid even asking these Q's. I think it would be easier to dress, and pass. I'm not hung at all, yet keep the wife very happy. I have been kicked there many time before, it hurts like hell. Main drive: is procedure growing back (over paranoid), and fem passing. Am I crazy and losing my sanity?

NatalieBliss
08-22-2005, 12:36 PM
My answer would be that I wouldn't view you as any less of a man for doing something that wouldn't hurt anyone else and makes you happy. In fact I think it illustrates a version of a man that this world needs more of. Not neccesarliy that you are a CD but, one who is caring, compasionate, and secure with his masculine and femine side!

Caitlyn
08-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Hi Katie. This is my first response to someone else's post so I hope the information I give is both helpful....and correct.
The procedure that you are refering to is a bilateral orchiectomy (see TS roadmap for a more detailed explanation)....castration to you and me.
Since the testicles are the main producer of the hormone testosterone, I would assume that without them, your hormone levels will change dramaticaly, and your 'sex drive' will therefore also be affected. If the reason for removal is cosmetic, I would suggest looking into having your 'boys' repositioned internaly (I have heard this done before in a TS having SRS) so as to not lose your 'drive'. Please dont feel stupid asking such or any questions. I would suggest you talk with someone who does have a medical background who may be able to point you in the right direction.... or at least give you more clear facts.
Hope this helps...

NatalieBliss
08-22-2005, 12:42 PM
I would like to say that I stand by everything I said before and would second Caitlyn on getting all the facts you can! And also that it's NOT a stupid question.

Rachel_740
08-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Since the testicles are the main producer of the hormone testosterone, I would assume that without them, your hormone levels will change dramaticaly, and your 'sex drive' will therefore also be affected.

I asked this very question of my doc some years ago and it's not as black and white as it first seems.

As Caitlyn says, it's the testicles that produce your testosterone and without them you would be on HRT (and from what I uderstand from my doc other supplements) for the rest of your life, but you still wouldn't be the same guy as you are today.

Think very carefully!

Anne

Julie
08-22-2005, 08:31 PM
Once you are castrated testosterone production drops to almost zero. Erections would most likely soon become impossible.

For the comfort and convenience achieved when dressed, you'd be sacrificing life as a normal male. It's up to you to decide if that's what you want.

KewTnCurvy GG
08-22-2005, 09:42 PM
In effect, what you talking of doing is becoming a eunuch. In ancient china and in other ancient societies, men who were put in charge of caring for women of status and of royalty. They were 'trusted' exactly because of their 'impotent' status. In Italy, I believe around the time of the renaissance young boys were castrated to maintain their high pitch voices. They were called the Castri. Anyhow, here's some more info below:

http://www.eunuch.org/index2.php

http://castration.biography.ms/

http://www.brainyencyclopedia.com/encyclopedia/c/ca/castration.html

http://texnews.com/texas97/ouch050897.html

Main Entry: eu·nuch
Pronunciation: 'yü-n&k, -nik
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English eunuk, from Latin eunuchus, from Greek eunouchos, from eunE bed + echein to have, have charge of -- more at SCHEME
1 : a castrated man placed in charge of a harem or employed as a chamberlain in a palace
2 : a man or boy deprived of the testes or external genitals

Katie Ashe
08-23-2005, 08:10 AM
Thanks everyone, I did look up some facts on the Orchi.. thing. It seems Since I had a Vesectomy done I'm at a greater risk of prostate cancer anyhows. I understand horomones will be gone. I was thinking the procedure would help me be more fem and yet still a man. I would not go on HRT post-op... although I'm not sure about the total repercushiouns of that would be. I'm not doing the procedure, kinda researching the idea right now. I'm out of the closet now, yet I more confused about myself more now that ever. Guy, girl, both, freak... I am really concerned about the vesect reversing. It has happened (self-healing) in the past to other military member... 15-20 years post-op. This probably a boardline Metal health thread... But thanks for the advice.. Julie, Caitlyn, Anne, and Miss Bliss. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

NatalieBliss
08-23-2005, 09:09 AM
Absolutly no problem girl! Hope you find a solution that works and makes you happy!!!!!!