PDA

View Full Version : Came out to my closest male friend

Miranda09
06-08-2010, 12:40 AM
Another interesting experience today. After the Be-All convention this weekend, I decided to come out to one other person, one who is the closest person to me and one in whom I have complete confidence. I was somewhat nervous about it, but when we got together today, I told him about my attending the convention and that I consider myself to be Trans-gendered. After taking this all in, his response, “Well, it doesn’t really surprise me. It’s something I’ve suspected for a long time now!” WOW….how cool is that!! After spending most of the morning discussing this, I invited him to see my pics from this weekend, AND, he was suitably impressed. He said I really looked great!!! :D Telling him has taken a big load off my shoulders, and now I have taken yet one more person into my circle of confidence. I told him that whenever we roamed around local malls, I was always sneaking glances at the many boutiques there…and he said: “Yeah, I noticed.” Nothing much gets by him, but his reaction didn’t surprise me, yet it felt so nice to hear it directly from him. He knew there was something going on with me lately and after telling him of my experience this past weekend, it all made sense to him. He mentioned that he would have been disappointed in me if I had never taken this direction in my life. Life is too short to be afraid to explore one-self, and how right he is. It’s interesting that he said he always knew there was something different about me, because I never acted like your normal male, i.e. less aggressive and confrontational than the average male. I always appeared so much more sensitive and reserved in many aspects of my life. As I said earlier, I now know who I am and I feel completely centered and at ease with everything. This has been a great journey so far…and there’s more to come!!!!!!!!!!! This pic is from Be-All this past weekend!! :)

Persephone
06-08-2010, 02:16 AM
Miranda, you look absolutely stunning! Downright sexy!

It is so great that you told your friend and that he accepted you. I have a couple of guy friends that I am still too afraid to come out to. One is practically a misogynist and I just know that the notion that one of his closest friends is really feminine will totally freak him out. I am awed that you "grabbed the bull by the horns." That's inspiring.

Hugs,
Persephone.

faltenrock
06-08-2010, 02:47 AM
what a great story Miranda, very nice

Simply_Vanessa
06-08-2010, 02:49 AM
wow...you have such courage to do that. I have a best friend since 3rd grade that does not know about me yet...and I'm scared to death about telling him. But reading your story gives me hope :) Since your friend had his suspicions it went somewhat smoothly it seems...my bestfriend has to have his suspicions already just because of the way I look now.

btw you look fantastic :)

Tasha McIntyre
06-08-2010, 03:33 AM
Wow Miranda, what a positive post. Not only do you look great, you deserve to feel great about the courage you have shown.

So here's to you my friend :hugs:, you've done something I haven't done, and am not likely to do in the foreseeable future.

Tash :)

Jonianne
06-08-2010, 04:05 AM
Miranda, that is so neat you were able to have success in telling your best friend! It's a challenge sometimes to tell your GG friends, but to feel confident and safe enough to tell your best male friend is a wonderful reflection of you both. A couple of the male friends I felt safe enough to confide in, ended up telling me some things about themselves they had never shared with anyone. Sounds like he felt honored that you would share something this vunerable with him.

BTW, you look great in your pic. I bet you all had the best time there in the Windy city.

Sara Jessica
06-08-2010, 08:01 AM
Alright, let's get this out of the way...what a wonderful picture Miranda, you look beautiful!!! :)

OK, now on to more important stuff. The story is truly touching. I have a friend or two or three who I could imagine having the same reaction, that true friendship would transcend the entire tg thing. In my case, I have to consider my wife's opinion on such disclosure and as such, it's not really in the cards any time soon. Still, your story is inspiring, and your friend is one to cherish.

Kathi Lake
06-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Miranda, I echo Sara and others here on both your picture and your happiness. I have a friend as well that most likely knows - he's hinted at it - but I've never "taken the bait." May I one day have the courage that you've shown.

:)

Kathi

Crissy Kay
06-08-2010, 08:15 AM
Wow, Good for you!!! You are very lucky with your friends. I have no male friends that I would tell about my cding. Or much else!!!

Miranda09
06-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Thanks everyone for all your kind words and compliments. I'm getting a bit teary-eyed I'm so happy right now. You've all been so supportive of me during my first year I can't begin to thank you enough.:hugs:

As soon as I get my pics in order, I'll be posting my expereince at this year's Be-All. :)

Bobbie Bee
06-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Great story and I'm happy for you. BTW, you look great in the photo!

Jenny Doolittle
06-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Miranda,

Thanks for telling us, it is inspiring to all of us I am sure to be ourselves and feel confident that our friends will still be our friends if we trust them with our truth.

I am encouraged to expand my own circle of confidence now.

Thanks

Anneliese
06-08-2010, 08:46 AM
Joining those who are telling you how beautiful you are...

My best friend died six months ago. Much of the time he was pretty messed up on various drugs, but whenever he was sober, he was a great guy. He often hinted at things, and I too never took the bait. There is no question he would have been cool with it.

Cheryl James
06-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Congratulations. What a huge and courageous step for you. Also, your picture from Be-All looks great. Go shopping to celebrate!

Rachel M
06-08-2010, 10:56 AM
I think its great when we feel confident in who we can tell and they end up being totally okay with it all. So is there a chance this guy will meet and hang out with Miranda or will he only stay friends with the male self?
Rachel

Lorileah
06-08-2010, 11:11 AM
so the rosebud has blossomed into a beautiful flower. My sis has stepped out and there isn't any turning back.

That outfit looks great, and to think I knew you when you were a shy girl...now look out world!

:hugs:

It gets easier doesn't it? :heehee:

monica.missil
06-08-2010, 11:12 AM
It is so wonderful that you have such an understanding and close friend.

Teri Jean
06-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Miranda it is always great to have those you care about give that kind of acceptance and support. The picture must have been from the third floor, I was on the fourth right above that spot. Had a great time as you must have. You go girl and hope to see you next year. Teri with hugs

Miranda09
06-08-2010, 12:42 PM
so the rosebud has blossomed into a beautiful flower. My sis has stepped out and there isn't any turning back.

That outfit looks great, and to think I knew you when you were a shy girl...now look out world!

:hugs:

It gets easier doesn't it? :heehee:

Thanks Sis. You've been a very supportive and encouraging friend to me. I really appreciate that. And, YES, it DOES get easier!!!!!!!!!! :):hugs:

I think its great when we feel confident in who we can tell and they end up being totally okay with it all. So is there a chance this guy will meet and hang out with Miranda or will he only stay friends with the male self?
Rachel

Thanks Rachel. There might be a time where my friend will meet Miranda face to face, and if so, I know he'll be totally cool with it. :)

AKAMichelle
06-08-2010, 03:31 PM
congratulations on reaching that milestone so confidently. I still wish I could tell a male friend of mine, but haven't worked up the courage yet to do that. Women seem to be no trouble, but men are so different.

Marcia Blue
06-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Miranda, I too, echo everyones response, to how lucky you are to have such a good friend, and you do look great.
Hugs,

Jamiegirl1
06-08-2010, 07:51 PM
You look beautiful!,I can't think of anyone I feel comfortable telling,friend or relative. I have often wanted to tell a particular close friend,but am afraid he will drop me as a friend, do not want to lose that.....

Angie G
06-08-2010, 07:57 PM
That's awesome Miranda. Sounds like a really good friend hun.Love the pics girl.:hugs:
Angie

PretzelGirl
06-08-2010, 08:00 PM
I can't blame you for being teary eyed. Having a best friend that doesn't even blink is pretty special. But I always say, sometimes the acceptance says just as much about you as it does about the accepting person. I am very happy for you Miranda!

AmiFL
06-08-2010, 11:52 PM
I came out to one of my best male friends in NJ (he is gay) after my wife outed me to my son in a heated argument.

I asked his advice and he was very supportive. He said that if it came up again in the same circumstances put it off as roll playing..... and admit it.

btw, if i looked as beautiful as you I'd parade down Main Street.

Miranda09
06-09-2010, 12:03 AM
I came out to one of my best male friends in NJ (he is gay) after my wife outed me to my son in a heated argument.

I asked his advice and he was very supportive. He said that if it came up again in the same circumstances put it off as roll playing..... and admit it.

btw, if i looked as beautiful as you I'd parade down Main Street.

:o Thanks Ami...sometimes I feel like doing just that!!! :)