PDA

View Full Version : How much time does it take you to make yourself over?

Christina Horton
06-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Ok girls let's brake it down. For me it's the folowing...

1) The night before epalady body. Time 1 hour 30 mins. Last about 1 week!

2) Shave face close just before makeup. Time 10 min.

3) Aply makeup. Time 30 min.

4) Get dressed (If knowing what to wear before) 10 min.

5) Put wig on and brush. Time 1 to 5 min.

6) Put on earings bracets etc. Time 5 min.

7) Grab makeup I need for day and put wallet and cell phones in purse. Time 5 min.

8) Check out my look in mirror. Time a life time. Or 1 min.

Total time. 2 hours 36 min. One and a half was the day before so.

The day of, 1 hour 35 min.

Now it's your turn. How long does it take you?

If you have a SO how long for her?

Cheryl T
06-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Well, for me it's down to about 45 minutes now.
My wife is done in about 15...god she's fast.

dennisGTS
06-08-2010, 12:39 PM
For me, shaving my legs, pit, face, and "giggle bits" usually never coincides with me getting all dolled up. With that said, maybe about 20 min tops for me to make myself over...even less if I don't apply make-up.

Cristi
06-08-2010, 02:10 PM
If I were a GG, I would probably be done in about 10 minutes since I don't believe in very much makeup... but since I have so much to overcome, it ends up taking me a few hours or more when I go 'all the way'.

This includes plucking (brows), shaving (legs, arms and chest) and doing my nails the night before. The morning I'm going out there is more shaving (face) then I get into the serious things like hair styling and makeup.

Dressing really takes no time at all, but from start to finish I'd say I have at least 2 to 2.5 hours into the whole ordeal. It would be less if I had a wig instead of my own hair.

suchacutie
06-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Ok, I have to shave all the time anyway so I don't think that counts :) but:

1) do nails...they take an hour to harden fully, so 1 hour 15 min.

2) makeup 15-20 min

3) dress 10 min

4) wig, lipstick, accessories, perfume 10 min

So, 40 min if my nails are done, 2 hours if not.

tina

Heisthebride
06-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Your talking in minutes... Argh!

Two days beforehand I get waxed, 2 hours. I need time for the red bumps to go away.

Day before manicure gel nails, 2 hours w/ pedicure

face shaving 30 minutes
makeup 45 minutes
hair 20 minutes
clothes 15 minutes
change clothes to something cuter 15 minutes

A few days give or take...

SusanLCD
06-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Like you, it depends on where you start the clock. Shaving face? Shower and shaving the rest? Getting dressed?

For me, it starts with shaving my face, legs, etc. About 20 minutes. (I don't shave everywhere. Only what will be apparent.)

Then, it's makeup time, including eyebrows. I haven't been able to get this down to less than 30 minutes.

Then, paint the fingernails. I only spend 20 mins. At that time, they're sufficiently dry that they won't be smudged if I don't abuse them.

Then, get dressed. Takes about 10 minutes.

Wig and comb/brush. Another 5 mnutes.

That's the fastest I've been able to do it.

My trouble is that I enjoy the makeup phase and experimenting with the possibilities. Anything that softens my look is better. I'm old enough that I can't look like a youngster. But, I continue to search for improvement here. That adds time. So, usually, I allow 2 hours to get ready.

It has given me an appreciation for my soon-to-be-ex-wife's daily preparations. (She can do makeup in about 10 minutes.)

AKAMichelle
06-08-2010, 03:10 PM
I wish I could say that it takes me less time, but that just isn't right. Sounds about right for me as well.

Kelly Greene
06-08-2010, 03:24 PM
If I am planning on going out or taking pictures it takes me about 2 hours to get all dolled up.

Deborah Jane
06-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Bearing in mind I keep my legs, chest, etc shaved anyway :)

Facial shave to fully made up, dressed, etc, approx 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours depending on the look I'm trying to achieve :)

Lexine
06-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Let's see...

1. Shower + shave = 10 min.
2. Moisturize face = 2 min.
3. Makeup = 30 min.
4. Dress up = 5 min.

47 minutes! No wonder I'm always late!

Barbara Dugan
06-08-2010, 07:02 PM
about an hour fronm the shower to the make up:hugs:

renee k
06-08-2010, 07:09 PM
about an hour fronm the shower to the make up:hugs:

:yt:

Me Too! About an hour start to finish.

Renee

Karen__Starr
06-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Shower + wash hair + shave underarms and legs, style hair 40 minutes
Eye makeup 10 minutes
Decide what to wear 5 minutes to 30 minutes. Some times longer.

Get to the front door and think do I really want to dress in this dress today or that dress or those yoga pants??? I have started over again:daydreaming:

docrobbysherry
06-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Bringing clothing and shoes home that I mite need. Or, visiting thrift stores for CERTAIN items I need!:straightface: Then:

1. Try on combinations of clothing items a day or so ahead of time!

2. One hour to get all my things out of closets and set out before session.

3. 1/2 to one hour to put on FIRST outfit!

4. 25 second to put on face and wig!:heehee:

5. Try on various outfits set out. Approx. 2 hours time limit.

6. 30 to 45 minutes to put everything away AFTER session.

jenna_woods
06-08-2010, 07:27 PM
for me its just a bout a hour if i know what i am going to wear that day.

Rachel Morley
06-08-2010, 08:07 PM
If I prepare the night before, then my body is already smooth, my eyebrows are already tweezed, and my nails are already painted ... so in that case, I need about 45 mins to an hour to get ready from shower to out the door. However, if I haven't prepared the night before, then add another 45 mins to that first 45 mins to an hour. :)

Jeannie
06-08-2010, 08:35 PM
My wife tells me I take longer than any woman she knows of but then again she has never had to sit and wait on one when you are trying to out for the evening. I am still new at the makeup thing and yes it takes a while. I think totally about 1 1/2 hours with the shower. I don't like dressing up smelling like a man that has been to work all day. Besides a girl needs time to look pretty.

Jeannie:o

Alice B
06-08-2010, 08:52 PM
It takes me between 30-45 mins.

t-girlxsophie
06-08-2010, 09:14 PM
hour and a half in bath for full body shave and moisturising,but on normal day its about 20mins to put my face on,5 mins to style my wig,most times probably picking my outfit for the day takes the most time. I still beat my Wife who takes an age to straighten her hair :heehee:

Jocelyn Quivers
06-08-2010, 11:50 PM
1 day to 1 week prior deciding on the outfit.

20-30 minutes a very thorough shower in which everything is shaved.

10-15 minutes plucking what facial hairs remain.

45 minutes make-up application and setting.

Get ready to head out the door and then remind myself I'm an in door CD only and no venturing out into the "reall world."

It usually takes my wife around an hour including shower, make up, hairstyling and stealing one of my outfits to get ready.

devi_sierra
06-09-2010, 12:50 AM
30 minutes flat....guess i am rushing it?!! Once i got really comfortable with make-up, especially the eyes (bought a good set of brushes and applicators which has made it much easier), it goes much quicker. :)

Karen564
06-09-2010, 01:04 AM
Every day, it's about 40 minutes....give or take 5 min.

That includes my shower, drying, moisturizing, makeup, hair, dressing..then out the door..

25 min's if I showered the night before..

I do a gentle facial scrub, then cleansing & moisturize almost every night too..but that doesn't take too long..

If I was to go for the full primping perfection route...2 hrs, easy..:battingeyelashes:

Note : It takes my daughter 2 hours Everyday to get ready for school....30 min's just for her eye makeup....but she's a perfectionist...

Carla4Guage
06-09-2010, 07:49 AM
I asked my wife the same question once. I can apreciate her response.

Me: "Honey, how much time would you say it takes you to get ready to go out all dolled up?"

Her: "All of it."

victoriamwilliams1
06-09-2010, 07:58 AM
I take about 45 minutes with shaving and everything. If I was going for dressy it takes about and hour max

Chloe Renee
06-09-2010, 08:12 AM
If I have kept up on body shaving, which I try to, I can be ready in 45 min. Shower/face shave 15 min. Makeup and hair 25 min. 5 to actually dress. The hair consists of putting ona wig, if doing my real hair double that time. The makeup is basic daily wear. Light eyes and the typical foundation work. For an dramatic or evening look add 15 min.

So on an average day 45- 60 min total turn around. If I am going over the top it can takeup to 2 hours.
Wow, I have never stopped to really look at that before. No wonder the wife gets angry when she has to wait for me. She has her ritual down to an art, daily makeup 10 min hair 10 min. And out.

Jessica Kelly
06-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Depends how long I've got! If I'm quick 30 mins, if I'm thourough about 1 hour 15 mins...

dominique
06-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Normally it takes me about 30 mins all in. From shaving, leaving my skin a time to recover. Then make up and finally getting dressed slowly and enjoying it.

NicoleScott
06-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Usually 1-1/2 to 2 hours. I don't count shave and shower time, since I'd do that whether I dress up or not. I must admit, though, that I take my time because I love watching the transition in the mirror as it happens. I love to make up, and try to a perfect job every time (not always successfully). When I make up and dress, I like to go completely - the works - including fake eyelashes and nails, jewelry, perfume, shapewear, pantyhose, wig. etc. and they all take extra time, so considering all that, it's not a bad time. GETTING made up and dressed is as enjoyable as BEING there.

TGMarla
06-09-2010, 01:22 PM
It depends on whether or not I'm doing my eyes or not. Many nights I have only a couple of hours to spend en femme, and I'll forgo doing my eyes because cleanup is such a pain. On those evenings, I can be ready in about 20 minutes. Same goes for returning to guy-mode.

But when I have more time, and I go the whole nine yards, it can take me up to an hour or more to get ready. If I throw in a shower and a close shave, add another half hour to that total. And cleanup can take longer as well, due to the need to take off mascara, etc.

Christina Horton
06-13-2010, 12:09 AM
Well today I went out and it took me 45 Min. I shaved my face 5 min , brushed my teeth , 3 min , makeup 30 , 7 mins to get dressed and out. Since I don't shave my body but epalady and that stays for about a week , it does not take too much time anymore.

NOW. If I did not have to shave anything but my legs I prob could be ready in like sayyyy 10 to 15 Mins. Now that would be cool.:D

andrea35
06-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Since i am knew wearing make up it takes me about one hour, i also have to try different clothes before i deside that i am ready.

Stephanie Anne
06-13-2010, 12:22 AM
Laser hair removal has greatly reduced both the time to shave and improved the softness of my skin.

Since I don't wear foundation or blush except on special occasions, It normally takes me around 30-45 minutes to get ready each morning. If I am going somewhere special or want to look extra pretty, it takes about 2 hours.

I am going to make some man very miserable one day :D

NathalieX66
06-13-2010, 12:29 AM
Laser hair removal has greatly reduced both the time to shave and improved the softness of my skin.

Yeah, what she said.
Vicktorya is so right. I am at at stage one of laser & possibly electro, which will take about a year for me to finish it off . Money is the factor. I have nothing to lose by doing so (except the unwanted hair) in my male life, so why not??
By doing so, my makeup routine I hope will be much less involved. In the end, my goal is to make people think I'm, a TS when i dress up, but still look great as a guy in guy mode.

GBNatarii
06-13-2010, 12:29 AM
I think I'm some where around... 2 minutes. Yeah, 2ish minutes is about right.

daviolin
06-13-2010, 12:46 AM
From start to finish 1 hour. But being such a girl, it takes me all day to pick my outfit. But after the clothes are layed out, one hour will get me out the door.:2c:

prene
06-13-2010, 04:44 AM
To go out for a nite.
2+ hours
shower, shave all over
forms, corset
hair, face (makeup), nails
clothes, shoes , jewlery
at least 2 hours

Gisele
06-13-2010, 06:29 AM
I pretty much do the up keep like hair, nails, shaving legs & pits and pulcking of brows daily.

Most of my time is with make up, styling the hair and deciding on what to wear. Total of about 45mins.

erika130
06-13-2010, 04:46 PM
After reading this thread, is amazing the time and effort all of us put into dressing, and being as passable as we can & it pays off most of the time!

For me, if I have to shave my body, that takes alone about an hour, otherwise is around:

- Shower & close facial shave - 20 min
- Moisturizing & Applying Make Up - 30 min
- Earrings & Accessories - 5 min
- Dressing - depends, choosing an outfit up to 30 min; already picked 10 min

But I'd be honest, if I was a gg, this would probably be shorter, as I'm not a huge fan of make up, I'd rather so called "natural beauty", but obviously I need make up :D

Christina Horton
07-02-2010, 07:59 PM
I have been surprised on how much time WE girl need to get PRETTY. I know on TV the women take or can take hours but I thought that was just TV. Most Women I know don't take more the 10 or 15 Min. We girls need more time , But I never thought that 1hour30min would be the norm. After we get the routine down you'd think we would be almost as fast as a GG would be.

Thank you all for your time tables . I learned alot about the effort it takes most of you lovely women. Hugs.

Alberta_Pat
07-02-2010, 08:56 PM
An interesting question.

When I first started, I could be "ready" in 15 minutes, but that ws simply shaving the chin and tthrowing on something.

Now that I am more serious, and actually leaving the house, it can take me 3 hours to get ready.

My biggest problem involves doing my eyes. Unfortunately, I am nearly blind without my specs, and I have to my eyes by "feel". This can result in several applications, each of which takes me nearly a half hour.

Oh, for good eyes! :)

nikkijo
07-02-2010, 10:51 PM
my difference is weather or not i put on more make up than just foundation.... day to day about 30 including 25 min of shower and shave...

full party mode makeup... 2 hrs

stylin cool bout an hr...

fallen_rayne
07-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Takes me an hour to do anything. My friend can do her's and be ready to go in like 10, i am so confused. xD

Christina Horton
07-03-2010, 11:22 PM
An interesting question.

When I first started, I could be "ready" in 15 minutes, but that ws simply shaving the chin and tthrowing on something.

Now that I am more serious, and actually leaving the house, it can take me 3 hours to get ready.

My biggest problem involves doing my eyes. Unfortunately, I am nearly blind without my specs, and I have to my eyes by "feel". This can result in several applications, each of which takes me nearly a half hour.

Oh, for good eyes! :)

Ok well I have the same prob with my eye sight. I have thought of get contacts again but just to put my makeup on. Might work for you so you could try it.