PDA

View Full Version : What do you to for the blues

Toni_Lynn
06-08-2010, 02:14 PM
If you've ever seen the film or show West Side Story, you'll be familiar with the song "I Feel Pretty". Well, the way I am feeling right now, I could re-write the words as:

I feel ugly
Oh so ugly,
I feel ugly and sh*tty hey hey!
And I pity the girl who is me today

(apologies to Bernstein)

I don't know why I feel this way, but I have for a few weeks, I feel fat, I'm depressed that I'll never look like the girl that see inside my head, I've feel stupid, I feel all battered and bruised and worthless, and just in general, rather pathetic.

Everything should be coming up roses (hmm -- how many broadway musical reference can I possibly make!). I have a great wife who totally accepts me and is the most wonderful thing in my life, yet feel so unworthy to have her. God gave me one of the greatest gifts in the world, crossdressing, yet I feel too ugly to deserve it.

Oh, it'll pass, and I'll be myself soon, but still, I hate this.

What you do to pull yourself through the blues?

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Billijo49504
06-08-2010, 03:25 PM
As the other song says. The girls all get better a closing time. Alchol will make that old hag in the mirror a hot babe..:drink:...BJ

Kathi Lake
06-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Toni,

Stop thinking it's all about "The Pretty" and recognize the warm comfort of the girl within. You feel fat? Ugly? Blah? Blue? You're not alone. Find me a person on this board - no, a person on the planet - that doesn't feel that way at times. :)

How do I get rid of the blues? By not worrying about how I look on the outside and instead revel in how I feel on the inside. I feel soft. I feel feminine. I feel loving. I feel nurturing. Life is good.

Kathi

Deborah Jane
06-08-2010, 04:53 PM
What you do to pull yourself through the blues?

Have a hug with Sheila :hugs: :love:

Lorileah
06-08-2010, 05:12 PM
I think of another Broadway musical...raindrops on roses and whiskers.....yeah right.

I am my own worst critic and I always feel that there is something that could have been done better. So I just wait for the photos and voila' It ain't so bad after all. We all have days that we just don't think

(PS it was Sondheim, Bernstein stills get the royalties if you don't change the melody :))

Kaz
06-08-2010, 05:34 PM
I think the Beatles take on it was "its getting better all the time"... though I am sure this isn't how it feels at the mo!

This is life! Up and down... when you accept that this is it... when you are down, prepare for the up (this is the ok bit!)... when you are up, prepare for the down (not so easy!)...

For some.... it's booze, for others... it's running, for me it's music

We are all not what we want to be. I have a body I didn't ask for and wouldn't buy, even at a knock down price boot sale. Hell if it was free I'd say no!

But... Do I like me...? When I think of the crap...no, when I think of the good... I get to be kind of okay... and somewhere along that line I realise I like me... good and bad. I wish I was someone else... but don't we all?

And I do know that there are people wishing they had my life... if only they knew!

Hug yourself. If it is bad now, it will get better...

Love, Kaz xx

Toni_Lynn
06-08-2010, 06:17 PM
As the other song says. The girls all get better a closing time. Alchol will make that old hag in the mirror a hot babe..:drink:...BJ

Oops -- that don't work at all -- coz in my world, 1 is 1 to many and 100 isn't enough, if you catch my drift.

You feel fat? Ugly? Blah? Blue?

Its a bit complicated cause I came home from our 2nd honeymoon with a cold that has me feeling even worse than I think I look.

Probably wouldn't be a good time to put on my favourite denim skirt and ask my wife if my bum looks big in it. :)

(PS it was Sondheim, Bernstein stills get the royalties if you don't change the melody :))

Actually I did mean Bernstein, cause I took his music and put my set of lyrics to it! Okay -- good point about me, I think outside the box and have a wicked sense of humour. Oh, and spell humour with two "u's" even though I wasn't brought up to do it taht way. But then I wasn't brought up to wear a bra and panties either :heehee:

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Karen__Starr
06-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Go shooting in super tight low-rise jeans, crop top and see what the men do. If that fails get out the ice cream and chocolate sauce and watch a good movie.

Comedy aside I just think how lucky I am for what I have, there are millons of people in some way worst of than me in regards to transgender stuff like not being free to dress whenever they want, go out shopping or dating when they want too etc.

When all is said and done I rather be plain Jane then extemely pretty.

docrobbysherry
06-08-2010, 07:30 PM
since Sherry entered my life, about 10 years ago!:o

Guilt, YES! Blues, NO!:brolleyes:

Cassandra Lynn
06-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Oops -- that don't work at all -- coz in my world, 1 is 1 to many and 100 isn't enough, if you catch my drift.

Well, since you made the reference, i won't have to.
Nope, no first drinks for us!
And you also used the "shall pass" bit, so i can't throw that at ya.
Guess that leaves me with this one, "To Thine Ownself be True",
as in, keep waiting it will happen, if you wait for it.
Oh, and last but not the least, Serenity Prayer, spoken as needed.

Kathi, as per usual, said it well, just don't be lingering in your head for too long, OK luv? mj (Cassie)

Jeannie
06-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Toni,

You feel fat? Ugly? Blah? Blue? You're not alone. Life is good.

Kathi

No truer words spoken. I am trying a garter belt and hose right now and it's about to cut me in two. Two of my skirts are tight on me and all of this fit great two months ago. I am getting fatter by the minute and I feel like a blimp, but even with that I still feel much better every time I dress up. The blues melt away when I become Jeannie. I am glad I don't have to deal with totally drab because that's what drove me to counseling. Hugs!!

Jeannie

t-girlxsophie
06-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Sorry in advance for being Corny,but I just Hug my Wife and tell myself not to be so self-centred I have it luckier than most and I should be happy with what i have

:hugs:Sophie

Charlena
06-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi Toni-lynn, Hugs are always good if available. Try to acknowledge all the good things in my life and give thanks for those things. Try to keep the stressors down, or the most that life will let you. And force myself to go for a walk in one of my favorite places.
(A BIG HUG for Toni!

TxKimberly
06-08-2010, 09:30 PM
I "make a song and sing 'em out again!"

ighSddnnaPE

Jocelyn Quivers
06-08-2010, 11:36 PM
I know what you are going through, being that for the past month my photo sessions have not ended up how I hoped they would be. I just attribute it to bad hair days, and tell myself tommorow I will look better and thinner hopefully as well.

jenna_woods
06-13-2010, 08:35 AM
wen I get the blues I get dressed in my best outfit and go SHOPPING,

Sarah Doepner
06-13-2010, 11:55 AM
Toni-Lynn,

I usually find that when I feel bad for myself and my situation that I've fallen into a hole that can get deeper and deeper. The blues tends to be a negative feedback loop and the only way out is through another person.

The best way out is to focus on someone else for a while. See what your wife needs and help her. Call your best friends and see what they are doing. Help the little lady down the block or go looking for a lost dog, anything to change the focus and eventually the blues will turn to pinks again.

GBNatarii
06-13-2010, 01:47 PM
I feel in a similar situation Toni_Lynn. I, oddly enough, get out of it by listening to music loud enough that I probably shouldn't, what with the hearing impairment and all. The odd part is I listen to pretty manly-ish music. ACDC, Ted Nugent, Foghat...

Also... Happiness and sadness is like day and night. They require each other in order to be defined. It's impossible to be happy all the time without ever going into a pit occasionally.