PDA

View Full Version : New Hair

TxKimberly
06-08-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm got new hair! I was looking for an alternative to my usual long wig because it's getting a bit old. I bought this one off of Ebay but am just not sure about it. I like the cut and style, but I worry that the light and reddish color may not really be the best color for me. I honestly can't decide if it suites me or not so I thought I'd ask for opinions. I want HONEST opinions!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4022/4684012764_0656debddb.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4005/4683383427_7128cb3a7f.jpg

VeronicaMoonlit
06-08-2010, 08:37 PM
. I like the cut and style, but I worry that the light and reddish color may not really be the best color for me. I honestly can't decide if it suites me or not so I thought I'd ask for opinions. I want HONEST opinions!

Kim, I don't like that color, on you. I think if it was closer to your usual blonde or perhaps darker and more towards the red, it would be fine, but not in-between if you get my drift. There's just something slightly "off" about it.

Veronica Rogers.

Jeannie
06-08-2010, 08:38 PM
I think it looks great myself. I am trying to find something new for myself but I just can't decide. You look very pretty.

Jeannie

TxKimberly
06-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Kim, I don't like that color, on you. I think if it was closer to your usual blonde or perhaps darker and more towards the red, it would be fine, but not in-between if you get my drift. There's just something slightly "off" about it.

Veronica Rogers.

Damn! That IS kind of what I was thinking but the damn thing weren't cheap! :Angry3:

t-girlxsophie
06-08-2010, 08:41 PM
personally speaking I honestly think it suits you just fine,It is lovely colour and frames your face perfectly,Its always strange when you alter the style or colour of your wig in a major way,and may take some getting used to but I think you look Fabulous

:hugs:Sophie xx

Alice B
06-08-2010, 08:50 PM
I think it looks great on you and really highlights your face. But of course you look great in anything.

CherylAnne
06-08-2010, 08:52 PM
I agree with t-girlxSophie, I think it looks wonderful on you and, you are very beautiful. Keep it and wear it, you will get used to it.

ellenwannabe
06-08-2010, 08:56 PM
I haven't seen your previous pics but these are fine - enjoy - Ellen

Michelle Charles
06-08-2010, 08:59 PM
The lighting in the room affects it alot, in the first pic it may be dark, not sure. It appears to look really cute in the 2nd photo. I miss the flip already!

Michelle

kellycan27
06-08-2010, 09:15 PM
I really like it too Kim. Suits you.
Kel

Miranda09
06-08-2010, 09:18 PM
I love the wig Kim. You look great in it and it does suit you nicely. :)

Jennifer in CO
06-08-2010, 09:27 PM
I think you look great...BUT...it may make you pay closer attention to the clothes (color) that you wear with it

Jenn

msniki48
06-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Damn! That IS kind of what I was thinking but the damn thing weren't cheap! :Angry3:

Kim, You know i am such a fan, and your presentation is beyond awesome!

The new hair is pretty, but you didn't get too close to the camera...the redish highlight.[at least in that lighting] did not come off as real hair would.

also: i know we all have to play with our new hair a few different ways till we get the right flow...the bangs are doing something on their own....maybe sweep them back and let a few whisps fall????

this new hair has a big pair of shoes to fill to take the place of your old one...:heehee: your other wig is just so darn natural looking...even in the wind.

BTW: i have about a half dozen wigs that looked so good in the catalogue.....sheeeez! Ka----Ching!

:hugs:

Barbara Dugan
06-08-2010, 09:28 PM
I think it suits you very well..I think it makes you look younger

Cassandra Lynn
06-08-2010, 09:40 PM
When my ex would change something about her hair i would always say it's fine, honestly. Only after a couple of weeks would i say something about how good it looks, because it honestly took that much time to get used to it.
Perhaps your just seeing different as not being good, yet.
Give it some time and i bet it'll grow on you (oooh, not intended, really). mj (Cassie)

Stephanie-L
06-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Kim, I really like the style on you, it really suits your face. As to the color, I really need to see a pic in daylight, the lighting kind of washes you out a bit and I can't tell if it's the hair or what. As I said, it is a great style for you, I think it gives you a whole new look. It may take a bit of getting used to as someone else said. Anyway, you need more time in it, and of course more photos.......Stephanie

Rachel Morley
06-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Well obviously it's kinda hard to tell how realistic it looks when viewing in a picture, and because you are a little further away from the camera it makes it even more harder ... BUT ... I actually like it a lot! It's got a bit of a "blonde bomshell" thing going on and it certainly suits your face and style. I think it makes you look sexy :)

TxKimberly
06-08-2010, 10:16 PM
OK, several complained that the pics were from too far away so here is one a bit closer:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4683383321_fe210c9f7b.jpg

I very much appreciate the opinions. So we have some for, and some against, and me still on the fence! lol

Veronica 1
06-08-2010, 10:20 PM
The color and cut look great on you but it just seems to be too much hair. Maybe styling a bit straighter or thinning???

Marcia Blue
06-08-2010, 10:34 PM
I love it, Kim. The color is great, I think, the cut really is cute on you. Give it a few days and I bet you love it.
Hugs,
Marcia

Andrea's Lynne
06-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Put me on the side of "for!" I think it suits you nicely. Very pretty

Breanne
06-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Still lookin' great!

Loni
06-08-2010, 10:47 PM
i think it looks good on you, and i am not a fan of red heads.

AmiFL
06-08-2010, 11:46 PM
you always look great......

AKAMichelle
06-09-2010, 12:07 AM
The wig looks great on you. The only problem is that I'm so use to seeing the old wig that it is a shock to my system. :D

The other thing is that I also think it makes you look younger.

charlotte_sp
06-09-2010, 12:16 AM
I think you look very pretty with that wig XD

One thing to watch out for though is that it might not look as good under different lighting conditions.

Karen564
06-09-2010, 12:40 AM
Personally, I really like the color & style on you...:thumbsup:

rachel_rachel
06-09-2010, 01:57 AM
I'm really not sure about that Kim... Sorry. I think the curls are a bit too much, and the colour just isn't right compared to what you've had.

Deborah Jane
06-09-2010, 02:13 AM
I like the colour and style Kim, although personally I think the sides could do with thinning a bit :)

carolinewalker_2000
06-09-2010, 02:45 AM
Sorry to disappoint Kim, but I think your previous style and colour suits you better. The new hairpiece is a nice wig but doesn't seem quite "you".

Tasha McIntyre
06-09-2010, 03:48 AM
Hi Kim,

I'm on the fence at the min......maybe just on the side of liking your old style better. I remain, however a huge fan of yours and reckon you could carry any style of wig with grace.

I like the colour and style Kim, although personally I think the sides could do with thinning a bit :)

I think I agree with Debs.

Here's a idea - give the hair a test run for a few hours at 30,000ft and see how you feel about it :thumbsup:

Tash :)

BRANDYJ
06-09-2010, 03:56 AM
Just call me another fan of you Kim. I like the new hair. But I too agree with Debs about the sides. But as always, you look marvelous.

charlene#2
06-09-2010, 03:58 AM
kim ,like some of the others here,i think that you could wear a gunny sack and look good.there are those of us that try as we might, cant carry off the female look like you can, congrats to you.enjoy the new hair some times change is good

RachelDenise
06-09-2010, 04:16 AM
I like the color. It is a woman's perogative to change her hair color! Besides, you'd look great wearing a trash can lid on your head! So there.

Katrina
06-09-2010, 04:59 AM
Kim, I think you look radiant with it! It's a winner.

ronni white
06-09-2010, 06:01 AM
Awesome!!

erickka
06-09-2010, 06:02 AM
I do like the style , but I'm on the fence with the color. I just doesn't seem to bring wour beautiful face into the spotlight like your usual blonde does. That's just my :2c:

TxKimberly
06-09-2010, 06:27 AM
. . . Here's a idea - give the hair a test run for a few hours at 30,000ft and see how you feel about it . . .

You know, I may do just that!

Thank you everyone, and I appreciate the honest opinions. Now the only problem is that everyone seems as undecided as I am! lol

renee k
06-09-2010, 06:47 AM
Hi Kim,

Just my two cents. I like the color and the overall length. I agree with Debs, the sides could use a trim.

Renee

lauraabdl
06-09-2010, 07:07 AM
It looks great, and if only. Changing your hair color changes your self inner feeling about yourself. Took me days with wigs until finally I went to a shop and got some help. I found that I really valued another female opinion, face to face.
Well I like the new style and color, really looks good on you. :thumbsup:

Elizabeth Ann
06-09-2010, 07:38 AM
Kim,

I like that color. It is about the same color as my wife's hair, after she decided that gray didn't suit her.

But, she and I both grew up in East Texas, and looking at the photos, I keep thinking that this thread ought to be titled, "Big Hair Invades Austin!"

I mean that in the sweetest possible way,
Liz

Carla4Guage
06-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Seems like a lot of hair, but I've always tend toward the shorter cuts. I too, have been playing with a new wig, but my dilemma is the color more than the cut. I'm not being negative about your new wig, I'm just not sure.
Wish I had your ability to coordinate outfits though, you always look good.
Hugs,
C

Chari
06-09-2010, 08:07 AM
IMO, honestly, your new hair style seems to have too much hair - especially on the sides. Perhaps combing it down or using hair clips to pull it back a bit would help. As for the color, it does compliment your skin tone, but may take some time to get used to the new color. If you are still unhappy with the new style/color, consider contacting a service/salon that specializes in wigs - changing colors & styles, etc. They may even buy that wig from you on a "trade in". I had two wigs that "just were not me" any longer and traded them in for a new different style/color. Please keep us posted (with pics) as to your decision. Hugs2U

cindym5_04
06-09-2010, 08:10 AM
You look amazing as always.

Kathi Lake
06-09-2010, 08:12 AM
Hiya, Kim!

As for color, it's close, but it is a bit too light. It really washes you out. Like Veronica said, maybe some deeper highlights, perhaps?

As for style, whooo-weee! It's been awhile since I was in Texas. I forgot what Texas hair was like. :) As others have said, there is a bit too much volume on the sides. Yes, I know you like volume on the sides, like your normal "flippy" hair (which is pretty and totally Kimberly), but this one is just a pit more poofy than normal.

Kathi.

Sara Jessica
06-09-2010, 08:17 AM
I think everyone is so used to your previous style and color Kimberly that something this different will naturally bring out a variety of opinions. That said, I happen to really like it. In all honesty, I think you actually look younger (not that you looked even remotely old before ;) ). The closer-up shot really looks fresh and vibrant.

TGMarla
06-09-2010, 08:25 AM
I like it very much, Kimberly, you pretty lady, you. I've always thought you looked better with longer, fuller hair, and this is a great example. Very nice! :battingeyelashes:

Joanne108
06-09-2010, 08:37 AM
Well I think you look stunning in that wig! :battingeyelashes:

Jamiegirl1
06-09-2010, 08:56 AM
Looks great , very sexy

Sarah Welch
06-09-2010, 09:06 AM
With the new color maybe you should tweak your makeup colors some to compensate the 'washed out' look. :2c:

Phoebe Reece
06-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Kim, I think the color is OK. However, to me, the styling has too much of a 1980's look to it. You might want to go to a hair salon with it on sometime and get the opinion of a professional. A hair stylist may have some suggestions on how to improve the look.

karen_75cd
06-09-2010, 10:16 AM
One of the fun things about this "hobby" is that we get to try lots of different looks. I think that the "big hair" looks great on you (although, as many of said, everything looks great on you) and is a nice change of pace from your other flippy hairstyle, which is also wonderful. So don't stress!

Sammy777
06-09-2010, 10:29 AM
I think you look great as usual :thumbsup:

Edwina
06-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi Kim
I side with the "two much hair" ladies. You always look great but perhaps you could exchange it for something a little less....
what was the word Kathi used ? Ah! yes "poofy"
:love:
Edwina

Christina Horton
06-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Hey Kim. If I was not used to your other hair I would say it suits you wonderfully. Since I love you wiff off the side I would say it will take some getting used to but either way you look great. It's just what we get used to and I would say it's just as nice as your other hair.

As for the color I can't see and red , if you took a pic outside then we could see the color better. I think is great. As are you Hun. Have fun with your new look.

Jennifer Marie P.
06-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Kim I love it it is perfect on you it matches you perfect.You did good and enjoy your new look.

Trycia
06-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Kim

I like the color but to me it looks like it shows off too much of the sides of your face, almost like it is not forward enough & I dont think you look as good as you did in your other one.

HTH

T

Angel.Marie76
06-09-2010, 03:04 PM
I kinda like the color on you, but your skin tone seems a little too dark for that wig. Besides that, I think you could compliment the wig regardless if you went with a lighter outfit. The first pic I saw of you, with the solid deep/bright colors just seemed to make the wig POP in the picture as the brightest object. If you balance it with a brighter / lighter / whiter outfit, it might come out better. Also, though perhaps not 'You', a little glitz and glam in an outfit might give the same balancing POP that the hair has on it's own.

Sweeterica
06-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Kim i think it looks very nice, then im not an expert on syle but really its how you feel about it.

kellyanne
06-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Hi Kimberly,

I think it is " OK " but like some other girls, I think a darker color is better for you.
How close is the wig to your natural color , ?

I think the side volume should sit higher like your other pix.

Watch for 4 PM volume flop - otherwise you should be OK LOL.

TxKimberly
06-09-2010, 04:33 PM
With the new color maybe you should tweak your makeup colors some to compensate the 'washed out' look. :2c:

That thought had also occurred to me. Been a long time since I've had to "tweak" my makeup so I'm not entirely sure what to do yet. LOL

. . . How close is the wig to your natural color , ? . . .

This pic is of me before old age caught up to me and took most of my hair:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/4685841799_844e4041e7.jpg

So is this one. I'm the taller geek:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3285/3048704088_fb1eeec07c.jpg

So here, and with other groups I have asked I get a few different groups of responses:

Looks great
Makes you look younger. (I heard this a LOT)
Something wrong with the color
It's too "big" on the sides

Considering how many have said "It's too much hair" or "It needs to be trimmed on the sides", the funny thing is that I devoted effort to making it look that way. LOL I like the hair to flair out at the sides and really don't care a great deal that everyone else stopped doing it in the 80's. Besides, i live in Texas where your SUPPOSED to have big hair. :laughing:

StephanieC
06-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Ok, by now I'm probably like poster 3,245 and you've already made up your mind. I thought it looked great. But then I happen to be "in" to curls lately though and my hair usually flairs out at the wings...constantly have to nip it. And I think for the curls, the color was flattering.

I wonder if we sometimes get too critical. I mean, most people can't really change their hair as they do their shoes. Sometimes everything "works" and sometimes it doesn't. Frankly, that's one of the things I enjoy...trying different things. Hopefully I don't flop totally though that's possible too.

However, I'm not a public star like you. And I've never found a wig I totally loved.

I think, in any case, your personality will be the thing that people notice more than the hair. Or at least, that's the thing they will remember.

Good luck on your decision.

-Stephani

Carroll
06-09-2010, 05:33 PM
I had look and come back and look a few times and I really think you look good with it.

Lexine
06-09-2010, 05:50 PM
My honest opinion is "The wig looks great! It looks like it defies gravity xD".

Elsa Larson
06-09-2010, 07:07 PM
The new hair is nice but makes you look like LOTS of other girls. IMHO it is too long and full for a woman of your vintage.

Your older style gives you a unique look that many of us could spot across a busy airport concourse. Maybe it's time to try an update of your signature style.

NicoleScott
06-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Hey, that's why we have more than one wig. I like the new one, but like the color of the old one better. But then, I have a bias for blonde.

Lynn Marie
06-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Well Kim, only you could get 65 responses to your thread in less than 24 hours!

As a few others have said, we're used to your old look with the whispy sides that make you look just so cute and Texas. At first look, I didn't like your new wig, but after the closeup picture and the concept of Texas big hair sank in a bit. It's growing on me. Of course so is this weird fungus!

The wig and your skin and/or makeup color seem to match pretty closely. At least in the pictures they do. I don't know if that's good or bad, just different. And the only problem with different is that it's going to take me and all your fans a time or two to get used to it. So I'll give it a hoot.

Bethany38
06-09-2010, 07:54 PM
I love your new hair. It looks great.

stacey.eyes
06-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Looks like the hair you were born with :)

Robynts
06-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Hi, Kim. The closer picture helped a lot. I like the color and the cut. Hate to say this but it makes you look younger.

On the other hand, I am kinda used to Kim looking like Kim, and your old wig and the flippie cut is Kim, at least to me.

Robyn

Blaire
06-09-2010, 11:05 PM
You've got to give it time to allow yourself to get over the "it's different" - which is usually interpreted as not right - stage.

To me the colour's good, but too much pouf...

Teri Jean
06-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Kim you look great and as usual your smile is contageous.

Teri

Ashley Devon
06-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Lovely hair.:)

KateW
06-10-2010, 03:21 AM
Looks great to me hun! x

SarahLynn
06-10-2010, 04:28 AM
Kim i'm of the opinion you could wear straw from last years oat crop and still look good. That wig is the colour and style i've been looking for, would you share it's make and model with us.:daydreaming::daydreaming:

SarahLynn

Tina B.
06-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Well if it's not to late for another opinion, I think you look great, and I like the color. Of course with that much hair everyone will know your a Texas kind of gal, but then you should fit right in with the Austin scene.
Tina B.

Kaz
06-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Kim,

I think the new hair-do works too... These things are all relative I guess. It's always good to try a new look...

I'm trying some different styles at the moment in a sort of mad rush to figure me out... Sometimes I like, sometimes I don't...

New hair I am very unsure about, and then the pics I take that show me looking unsure could further that thought!

In my "other self" I haven't done hair for decades!

Kaz xx

Tora
06-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Very nice look. You could always trim it later. We need to know what the TSA thinks. The dirty Mustang looks like Steve McQueens Bullet car. Kim you always look super.

Samantha B L
06-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Kim,you look great.

daviolin
06-10-2010, 08:29 PM
You look simply darling in your new hair. Go for it girl. Also I love your bucket list respones. Going to the symphony would be great. You just gave me a new idea to plan for. :hugs:

suchacutie
06-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Kim, your oval face makes that "look"! I do think that it will require a bit more color (rouge, copper, whatever) on your cheeks and such, but the look is terrific! With your oval face any hair style like that one or the original flip will look terrific IMHO! :)

tina

busker
06-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Kim, my apologies for "altering" your photo. Admin gave me a little hand slap for bad manners and tampering with evidence of a nice new wig.

Pattie O
06-10-2010, 11:43 PM
I have read recently that permed hair is making a come back but not as "big' as the 80s styles so I think your choice is good for the times.Very fashionable.Looks like a fun style and it lights up your face!Enjoy.:daydreaming::battingeyelashes:

TxKimberly
06-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Kim, my apologies for "altering" your photo. Admin gave me a little hand slap for bad manners and tampering with evidence of a nice new wig.

No need for apologies - I was free to take or leave the version you presented. Now if you had altered the copy on my PC without asking things could get ugly, so if I catch you sitting at my laptop your in a world of hurt! LOL

Ronni Seymour
06-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Kim, the new wig is very nice, and you do look good in it, but I think you look "cuter" with your other one. The style had more of a youthful, energetic look.

TxKimberly
06-12-2010, 09:52 AM
I have one more pic of the new hair on this thread:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133830

The last pic in the post is in the new hair and I think it's a better pic than these.

Crissy65
06-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Kim,

You look like a Great. A southern Belle!

vivianann
06-12-2010, 10:04 AM
I like the wig, looks great on you. I think it is the right color. for you, not too red and not too blonde

Laura Evans
06-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Kimberly, the hair and color fits you well. It will just take a while to get use to it. The bottom line is how you feel about it opinions vary depending on individual likes and dislikes and they may not be the same as yours. You look great to me. Hugs.

JenniferB
06-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Just my opinion but I think this new wig makes you look older, a bit too "poofy". However, your shoes are still to die for. :heehee:

kellgrl66
06-12-2010, 11:11 AM
I think its darling on you Kim and would wear it. I do agree with you that shorter wigs are better as we age and we blend in better with them. This suits you nicely though and would wear it shopping

Staci
06-12-2010, 07:06 PM
I think it looks great. It is a little different look for you but it is a wonderful look. I would keep it and wear it knowing you will look more awesome than other ggs around you.

Tina B.
06-12-2010, 08:08 PM
I went to a graduation the other night and heard a couple of women talking about a ladies new hair do, they where teasing her about it looking like she was bringing back the 80's, so I turned and took a peek, she had your do and it looked good on her too, even those that where kidding her said so.
Tina B.