PDA

View Full Version : What do you tip for a Pedicure?

Mistress Frillee
08-22-2005, 04:00 PM
woohoo... I will be wearing my OPI " I'm not really a waitress red" nail polish......... I did my research & OPI is the BEST nail polish, but it is $$$ ........ $10 a bottle! ....... tomorrow I get my pedicure & the lady is going to use that as my polish!

woohoo

talked to the salon today, the lady that does pedicures will be in tomorrow........ pedicures are $48....how much do you tip them?

more or less......

DanaJ
08-22-2005, 04:03 PM
15%, or if you really enjoy it, give her $12 for the $48 pedicure. For a $48 pedicure, you should get the delux treatment, which includes a cooling mask and a massage up to the knee.

Also, in your opinion OPI is the best, in my opinion I think China Glaze, Haken and Essie are better :)

DanaJ

Mistress Frillee
08-22-2005, 05:19 PM
SHE DID MENTION CHINA GLAZE as being close to OPI

Mistress Frillee
08-22-2005, 05:19 PM
is $48 expensive for a pedicure?

this is Canadian $$$ not American

Joanie
08-22-2005, 05:46 PM
Never had a pedicure. If I wanted nail polish tossed in, I want that down in a private area but pedicures/manicures that I have seen taking place in shops are all out for view, correct?

Mistress Frillee
08-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Never had a pedicure. If I wanted nail polish tossed in, I want that down in a private area but pedicures/manicures that I have seen taking place in shops are all out for view, correct?

just curious, why a private area?

Joanie
08-22-2005, 05:55 PM
On the private area, cause I would be showing up in my normal work clothes, not en femme, and if I have nail polish put on, with my luck someone from work will walk in. What would I say if they didn't like the shade I selected? :love:

Seriously, my office is full of people who have advanced degrees in Gossip.

Jodi
08-22-2005, 07:09 PM
I get my pedicure once a month. I get the full treatment with polish applied. I get OPI applied and agree that it is a superior polish. I pay $33 for a full pedicure and I tip her $7. She went a little beyond to work me in last month so I tipped her $10 that time.

Jodi

DanaJ
08-22-2005, 07:41 PM
is $48 expensive for a pedicure?

this is Canadian $$$ not AmericanOh, then that is not bad - I didn't see your location there - oops :)

...and Joanie, some places have private areas for pedicures, some don't. I would recommend going to a day spa instead of a corner nail salon, a day spa would be more likely to have a private area.

DanaJ

Joanie
08-22-2005, 07:47 PM
Oh, then that is not bad - I didn't see your location there - oops :)

...and Joanie, some places have private areas for pedicures, some don't. I would recommend going to a day spa instead of a corner nail salon, a day spa would be more likely to have a private area.

DanaJ

Thanks, DanaJ. A Day Spa sounds like the answer!

DanaJ
08-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Joanie, I also suggest starting out with male manicures and pedicures, and try to keep the same nail tech. As your rapport with her grows, then you can approach her about getting more femme nail treatments :)

DanaJ

Joanie
08-22-2005, 08:48 PM
Joanie, I also suggest starting out with male manicures and pedicures, and try to keep the same nail tech. As your rapport with her grows, then you can approach her about getting more femme nail treatments :)

DanaJ

Good advice, I had thought about that, not trying to go too far too fast. By all accounts here, a pedicure really sounds like a nice way to be pampered.

ebony
08-24-2005, 11:16 AM
I only pay only $17.00 for my pedicure your pdedicures are
Expensive and you have your own polish; anyway I tip $3.00 to
make it a even $20.00

Honey GG
08-24-2005, 12:26 PM
I pay $18 get the full treatment of a leg/foot massage. The salon provides all kinds of polish including all the pricy ones. I go for color not brand. Plus my tech paints little flowers on my toes and adds a jewel to the center. I tip her 4 dollars.

I put a clear coat on my nails about every 4-5 days or so. Makes the polish last longer. 3 weeks and I am back for a redo.

As for my husband he won't go to a salon so I give him a pedicure about once a month in the summer when he won't wear polish, about every 2 weeks in the winter when he does wear polish, he can hardly wait to get some of the flowers! He tips me very well.... ;)

Honey