PDA

View Full Version : Wearing capris

joan47
06-09-2010, 05:26 AM
I wear girls clothes 24/7..panties bra, girls low rise steeatch jeans, t's... I really want to wear capris, has anyone gone out on a regualr basis in boy mode with capris, I want to wear open sandals with my pink painted toenails..

erickka
06-09-2010, 05:56 AM
I would if I had some that fit nicely. I have seen some new styles for guys that could be considered a capri, so I don't think you would be out of place at all. So go and put on some comfy sandals, accessorize nicely and go have fun!

Freddy12
06-09-2010, 06:24 AM
I have not gone out in capris.

If I saw someone in capris, I would think that they were wearing female pants. That would not be a problem, just if you are trying to wear female clothes without anyone thinking you are wearing female clothes, I would stay away from capris.

What type of bra do you wear? When underdressing in drab, I usually use a sports bra.

Elle1946
06-09-2010, 08:30 AM
When I was growing up men capris were called clam diggers, the Beach Boys wore them.

kayallen66
06-09-2010, 08:34 AM
I have started wearing capris occasionally while in guy mode. No real problems, just a few looks.

Gina738
06-09-2010, 09:36 AM
I don't have an issue with wearing capri's, I wear them out alot even when I go out with the wife.

Chris182
06-09-2010, 09:49 AM
ya there was a time when guys wore capris type styles but its been out for a while. You may get a few looks, just be aware of that.

Lexine
06-09-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm considering it, but if anything I'll probably wear capris with my androgyne look.

Paulacder
06-09-2010, 02:48 PM
I started a thread on wearing Capris a couple weeks ago. You might find the response interesting....Capri pants.......
Paulacder

April Renee
06-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Yes I have. I have a pair of khaki color cargo style "shorts" that are a size 3 girls capri pants. I've worn them out in male mode to a few places. I looked around a long time before I bought them trying to find something that would "blend in" and look like mens when I found them and tried them on at Penny's I was thrilled. Last week I came home from hanging out with a few friends. My wife wasn't home when I had left and when I came home the first words out of her mouth were.."What are you wearing"? "Cargo shorts" I said. No those are girls capri pants she replied. She could tell 30 seconds of seeing me what I was wearing and wasn't a bit pleased. She knows "what I do" and does not approve so I know it wasn't the best thing to try and keep convincing her other wise. So after the storm settled I was thinking about my male friends and if they too could tell what I was really wearing...This was the first time this summer I had worn shorts and I was more paranoid about someone saying something about my hairless legs....I think most females would recognize capri pants/shorts before a guy in most cases..
April

donnatracey
06-09-2010, 05:32 PM
When I was growing up men capris were called clam diggers, the Beach Boys wore them.

My mom and some of the neighbors wore what were called "pedal pushers"...quite similar to clam diggers...

Who comes up with these names???.....:doh:

JainaCarpaccio
06-09-2010, 05:36 PM
My mom and some of the neighbors wore what were called "pedal pushers"...quite similar to clam diggers...

Who comes up with these names???.....:doh:

I have no idea, but I also have no doubt that our descendants will be asking the same question in the future.

Danni Kay
06-09-2010, 05:47 PM
I wear girls clothes 24/7..panties bra, girls low rise steeatch jeans, t's... I really want to wear capris, has anyone gone out on a regualr basis in boy mode with capris, I want to wear open sandals with my pink painted toenails..

I wear capris in boy mode but I don't really care what people will think. I think it's strange that full-length pants and shorts are both considered OK for men to wear, but capri or crop length pants (anything between shorts and pants length) are considered "women's pants".

NicoleScott
06-09-2010, 07:18 PM
I don't know why someone with a cute frilly dress like in your avatar would want to wear capri pants. Anyway, I like wearing skirts and dresses because they excite me. If I were a GG, I think I'd live in capri pants.

Rachel Morley
06-09-2010, 07:30 PM
I really want to wear capris, has anyone gone out on a regular basis in boy mode with capris, I want to wear open sandals with my pink painted toenails.

Hi Joan,

When I read this, a big smile came to my face because I too (like you) like wear girl's clothes in boy mode. They are girls clothes that are not that feminine on a woman, but are quite feminine on a man. I wear bra and panties, under girls jeans and tees and sometimes cardigans on top too.

Have I ever worn capris out in boy mode? ... yes I have. I usually wear either denim jeans ones, or khaki colored ones. I have never worn them with open toed sandals with painted toes (yet!) ..... as I usually wear white girls tennis shoes with pink accents or blue and white Keds. I have received mixed reactions. Most guys don't seem to notice that much or at least that's to say, I don't notice them looking at me. Women however do seem to notice more. Not all the time, and not "that" often, but I do see women's eyes looking down at my legs :) You know, in places like the grocery store or at the video rental store or at the mall etc.

Anyway, depending on how confident I am feeling I usually look at them back and smile in the most non-threatening way I can, but if I'm feeling a little less confident tat day then I stick to my girls jeans instead. Capris are pushing the envelope more (unless you are in the UK or Europe as men's "cropped pants" ... are really common) it's seems to me that here in America they are more (but not always) more of a "girls' only thing" :2c: :hugs:

Hugs
Rachel

Tanya83
06-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Absolutely! Wear them everywhere (Except work). Walmart has Levi totally slimming stretch capri pants. I own three pairs hehehe...
Usually just slide into a pair of flip-flops. :-)

sissystephanie
06-09-2010, 09:02 PM
I own 6 pair of capris. I wore a pair of pale blue denim ones to a meeting of a mens club at my church tonight. In fact, everything I had on was feminine, including panties! If you have them, wear them! Oh yes. I do wear capris out in public quite often, usually in warm weather with open toed sandals showing off my bright pink toenails. But no wig or makeup!

Danielle Gee
06-09-2010, 09:57 PM

I had a pair of snow white clam diggers when I was young. They were just like the one on the cover of their first album or so.

Wow, I wonder if they had a pair of ruffled panties under theirs too? :daydreaming:

joan47
06-10-2010, 06:12 AM
I do wear a padded underwire bra, and I have pink and white sneakers from New Balance NB, they carry up to size 13 which I am.. I have junior capris which are real tight, maybe I will go to Wal-Mart or JCP and look for a pair that is not as tight. Thanks for all the comments.

jennifer easton
06-10-2010, 08:11 AM
If going to wally-world is on your to do list and you wear your Capri's and sandals with your pink toe nails shinning in guy mode, be awear of the wal-mart snapper the ones with there camera phones, who like to snap pics of unsuspecting shoppers and post them on(more wal-mart shoppers.com) when you least suspected- your connected, your the star today!!! smile your on candid cameraaaaa!) there's a song in there some where

Julogden
06-10-2010, 08:45 AM
When I was a kid, they were called pedal pushers, and lots of girls wore them. And when I was probably 10 or 11, my mother brought a pair of them home for me, told me that they were boy's pedal pushers. I didn't question her and wore them, and got some bad reactions from a few people, so I quit wearing them. I know there were a couple photos of me wearing them in the family album, but they're gone now, darn it.

Maybe they were clam diggers for boys, I don't know. My mom did, in my younger years, encourage my gender issues a bit.

I'd love to know why my mom did that, and what happened to the photos, but she's been gone many years, so I'll never know.

Carol

Joanie_Shakti
06-10-2010, 09:17 PM
I think they're called pedal pushers because they were cropped so the pant leg wouldn't get caught in a bicycle chain. I've only seen a guy in capri pants once that I can recall. A couple of years ago I was at a mall in San Diego and saw a middle aged man in capris. It looked odd to me, but I think he was a European tourist as he had sort of a Mediterranean look to him.

Loni
06-10-2010, 09:25 PM
was looking as some this past week, not sure about wearing them...but maybe if i see the right pair i will buy some.
i tend to only have skinny jeans me, but out in drab..i did once here a commit...it was about the pockets as. lady said something about that guy is wearing lady's jeans. her friend shut her up. and yes i was looking at dresses at the time.:D:heehee:

out having fun and watching another sunrise. can never get enough of them.

Cherry Lynn
06-10-2010, 09:29 PM
I saw a young guy (redneck looking) at the gas station several days ago who had on capri length pants but they probably don't call them capris for guys. They were baggy but were about mid calf length. I see young guys wearing baggy shorts that come below the knee and that reminds me of gaucho pants that women wear and wonder why people get bent out of shape if a man wears something that looks nicer than those shorts.

Crysten
06-10-2010, 10:04 PM
I wore stretch capris constantly when I lived in the UK -- I was heavily into the climbing scene over there, and that was pretty standard wear. Not so much over here, and I miss it a lot.

I think I still have a pair but I haven't worn them in ages.

sfwarbonnet
06-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Saw a couple guys wearing capris in Vegas a few years ago. It's not very common though; like GG's usually don't wear pantyhose with shorts, but I do as I think it's sexy and it's the next step after routinely wearing girls capris in public.

donnalee
06-11-2010, 11:03 PM
They were kind of unisex in the late 50s-early 60s. I had some when I was 15-16, I think there's a picture of me with them on from the '62 Seattle Worlds Fair if I can ever dig it out from the clutter. :daydreaming:

wetlook crossdresser
06-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Up here in Canada capris are also sometimes called flood pants. Thats what some of the local red necks that hang out at the marina where I live call them when they see me in them and try to tease me. They never show any bare legs so I get to instead. Capris are fun to wear and I have found well fitting women's ones that are not too femme looking for my masculine physique. I like them with hiking boots and a nice close fitting stretchy shirt. Push your fashion freedom envelope and wear them confidently.
Cheers!
Chris

alice clair
06-12-2010, 06:50 AM
I live in the same town and i have noticed that alot of the young guys wear capis. It seems to be the european students, i see them on Richmond rd, second steet and Capitol Landing rd. quite often. They look nice on them. So go for it Joan.

Tasha T
06-12-2010, 07:42 AM
I've worn them out a few times recently. I wore the denim kind that's rolled up a few inches at the bottom and the khaki kind with strings at the bottom. I wore them with open toe sandals and felt so comfortable. Nobody said anything too me, but I did get a few strange looks here and there.

sfwarbonnet
06-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Do you wear sheer nylons with capris? Or bare (shaved) legs? BTW, is there a difference between capris, crop pants. floods, clam diggers, and pedal pushers?

busker
06-13-2010, 12:00 AM
They seem to be everywhere here in my neck of the woods (so. Cal.) I call them pirate pants and it seems that most of "wannabes" wear them in awful plaids with black or white T's or hoodies and tennis shoes. I think the guys get the influence from the samurai/martial arts movies and the real Japanese Samurai did wear a 3/4 length style pant. It's the gang (warrior) thing.

daviolin
06-13-2010, 12:56 AM

Yea Clam diggers. I used to wear them all the time. How cool. lets bring them back.

Gisele
06-13-2010, 06:25 AM
I just never found a pair of capris that looked good on me yet. It's either short shorts or long jeans/slacks & long skirts for me.

Jonianne
06-13-2010, 06:50 AM
Another name was high water breeches. The tall kids growing faster than their mom's could buy cloths, got teased with that. I live in the Tidewater area as well and have seen several males of different races wearing them, strings hanging and all. I am definatly considering getting some and see if my wife will approve - she's pretty carefree about these things.

I just checked the internet for "men's capri pants" and there is plenty out there. For anyone who isn't looking specificly womens, here is some mens styles that goes from camo to khaki: http://www.amazon.com/ULTRA-FORCE-KHAKI-CAPRI-PANTS/dp/B0018T77AI/ref=pd_sbs_a_1

AlsoSamantha
06-13-2010, 09:48 AM
There are at least four stores at the local mall that carry men's capris. I'm seeing them more and more as the season goes on. If men in your area aren't already wearing capris, they probably will be before long. I bought a couple of pairs myself, and love them!

kayegirl
06-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Do you wear sheer nylons with capris? Or bare (shaved) legs? BTW, is there a difference between capris, floods. and pedal pushers?

Here in the UK crop pants for men are very fashionable and very acceptable, and I wear mine (girl crops) all the time even in male mode. But never, never never mix crops with nylons or even socks. Bare legs every time, sandals or trainers, and yes with sandals my toenails are coloured, a deep deep red at the moment.

Jennifer T
06-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Always see European men wearing them. It seems to be the style over there. So I started wearing my Capris all of the time. Some people look and some don't. Let em look and walk with pride.

Stephanie Anne
06-15-2010, 06:23 PM
I love capris and just got myself three pairs (why do they call pants pairs?!?).

It is a nice alternative to pants when it gets hot here and I get to lazy to shave my legs.

JainaCarpaccio
06-15-2010, 07:36 PM
I love capris and just got myself three pairs (why do they call pants pairs?!?).

It is a nice alternative to pants when it gets hot here and I get to lazy to shave my legs.

The answer (http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/502/why-do-we-say-a-pair-of-pants-when-theres-only-one-of-them)

t-girlxsophie
06-16-2010, 12:35 AM
My wife yesterday suprised me with some summer clothes,including a pair of Pink Capri's.I wasn't sure at first but they have quickly grown on me:)

Josey
06-16-2010, 03:23 AM
I have two pair that I wear around the house. The tan pair I wear when out-&-about. My wife doesn't approve wearing them when were together out shopping as she believes they attract to much attention. To maintain harmony in our relationship, I refrain wearing them when were together. A small price to pay for her acceptance of my CDing.

CourtneyBleu
06-16-2010, 05:37 AM
I hate capris.

nikkijo
06-16-2010, 09:55 AM
in a word.... i own 5 pair... between capris crops and rolled crops.. and love them :P

Crysten
06-16-2010, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=Stephanie Anne;2180682]I love capris and just got myself three pairs (why do they call pants pairs?!?).

"Sir, I disagree with you. I am NOT wearing a skirt. This.....is a single, very wide leg pant!!"

Jonianne
06-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Oh, this is too funny, I just received the order for mens capri pants from the place I listed on my previous post, they seem to be nice, a little thin clothed than I expected, but OK.

The funny part is, I am a short person 5'6" and my legs are even shorter proportionally. From my crotch to my ankles my legs are 24 inches and it's always been very difficult to find pants that were not too long for me.

Well these capri's have 20" legs and while standing, they are just above my ankle's, nowhere near mid calf.

I guess I have just found a place for me to buy capri's and pretty much use them for regular pant's with out having to have them hemmed!

I'll see how it goes at work tomorrow!

SarahLynn
06-17-2010, 09:42 PM
The easy to see difference that i see between "mens capris" and those made for women is in the hem. For women the hem is split on the outside, where the long seam is located, with an inverted "V" shape. A quick stitch with a needle and thread and you would be wearing androdnous capris. Of coarse there is also the issue of no zipper in the fly but as often as i've worn womens long pants it doesn't seem to make a difference.

And i've noticed few people can tell the difference between a pair of mens pants and those made for women so long as the zipper (or buttons) are accessable from the "right" side. And if it should happen that it is accessable from the left side i don't think anyone would notice that either. At least no one has said anything about it to me.

SarahLynn

sfwarbonnet
06-19-2010, 10:01 AM
...Of coarse there is also the issue of no zipper in the fly but as often as i've worn womens long pants it doesn't seem to make a difference.

And i've noticed few people can tell the difference between a pair of mens pants and those made for women so long as the zipper (or buttons) are accessable from the "right" side. And if it should happen that it is accessable from the left side i don't think anyone would notice that either. At least no one has said anything about it to me.

SarahLynn

I've worn only women's pull-on pants. with and without a mock fly, for several years now. Plain-fronts ones are OK as it is not apparent ihat they are women's pants. The main differences are that are short pockets and narrow bottoms. I've noticed that brands and sizes are quite different. My favorites ones are VS as the pockets are deep enough that their contents don't fall out. Now I need pull-on capris as shorts are usually too short and bare legs can "stick" to a chair if I'm not wearing nylons.

Cheryl James
06-19-2010, 11:13 AM
I have 2 pair (thank you, Goodwill) and love them, though I have only worn them in girl mode. When I go for the go out in female clothes, but no wig, I tend to wear girl's low-rise jeans, bra, girl's t-shirt, girl's sandals, and a minimum amount of make-up. Men don't even look twice, but women and teenage girls often try to process the whole thing. I wish they would ask me about it.

busker
06-21-2010, 09:42 PM
The answer (http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/502/why-do-we-say-a-pair-of-pants-when-theres-only-one-of-them)

"The answer" is totally misleading. During the French First empire, breeches were still worn, but a new leg covering was introduced--it was called the pantaloon and longer pantaloons were caller trowsers and had straps that went under the feet(sort of like the ski pants of the 60's). Some pantaloons were made of a yellowish brown material and others a heavy cotton called jane or jean (jeans sound farmiliar?) A pair of pants (pantaloons =2 legs=putting on one (pant) leg at a time. Trowsers won out for formal words but pants remained as the popular word. The foot straps on trowsers disappeared about 1850 or so.(panties are a diminutive form of pants , eg little pants). So much of clothing history derives from France and it is still the leading place (I think) of fashion in the world.
History courtesy of the Anatomy of Costume by Robert Selbie

marny
06-21-2010, 10:15 PM
As elle1926 said they were clam diggers long before some designer called them capris and marked them up 8000%. and if you're wearing the rest of your rig, why would you be worried about the capris. Damn! They look hot!