PDA

View Full Version : Two Great Telephone Interviews En Femme...

kellyanne
06-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Hi girls, like many girls I have been seeking new employment during the Great Recession and I landed a few interviews , the first round of each was by telephone for 1/2 hr - 45 min. I wanted to do my best and feel very relaxed since it has been some time since my last interview and the one thing that allows me to relax fully is being dressed as a woman.
I can literally feel the stress melt away when I dress as Kelly Anne so I asked myself:

Why not dress for your telephone interview?

I dressed in a very professional pencil skirt and 3/4 sleeve crimson knit top
my # 8 Transforms, with my Veronica and nice black control top pantyhose underneath ( not sheer ).
A very professional , non reavealing attire.

It went fantastic - I was able to be calm and to the point .

Later that week I got a call - I have made it to round 2 . I was very happy.

Then another telephone interview yesterday and Head Hunter said I should make round two.

I can honestly say dressing really helped me be more personable and calm. I had researched the companies,markets and managements etc so it was not all
silk & lace but it really, really helped 2 /2 to round # 2 in the last 3 weeks so this girl is very happy today.

If you have a telephone interview and are worried about nervousness etc - maybe the solutions are not on the library shelves but in your panty drawers and closets !

I hope all me fellow sisters are keeping well during the Great Recession.

xo

Kelly Anne

AlisonRenee
06-09-2010, 12:07 PM
I did that yesterday, also. :) Not as far as you went, but I was underdressed prior, decided it couldn't hurt. It certainly didn't. now hoping for a round two of my own...

kellyanne
06-09-2010, 12:11 PM
I wish you the best of luck Alison for round # 2

Teresa Ann
06-09-2010, 12:52 PM
I to have been out of work for too long, I am a jeans kind of gal but for interviews I have on my best panties, nylons, camy on under my suit and tie, yes it does take the edge off. but so far I am still looking for work. I juess I am to expensive these days. So maybe all of us girls should get together and start our own business, could you see the dress code there. I am thinking of doing just that. If you are the boss I can ware what I like. Teresa(The Boss)

kellyanne
06-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Keep at it Teresa - it will happen for you and experience will be back in vogue soon.
Companies cannot cost cut their way to prosperity.
The current labor supply/demand balance greatly favors employers but the demographics will catch up with them as more Baby Boomers retire.

AKAMichelle
06-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Sounds you nailed the interviews. Too bad they won't let you do the final interview dressed since you do well dressed. :devil:

Freddy12
06-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Since you find being dressed relaxing and helpful, why not underdress for the face-to-face interview? It's not like anyone will see your panties. I would not suggest you go so far as to wear a bra because it is very possibe that a bra might show, or one of the interviewers might touch your shoulder or back where he or she might feel a strap, but panties? Virtually no risk!

Be brave! Try it!

JainaCarpaccio
06-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Sounds like something awesome I'd try if I wasn't still living with my father who's been less than hospitable in the past about it (which I find wierd since he doesn't say anything about the fact I like furries). But still the underdressing might be a nice idea I'll have to try at some point.

kellyanne
06-09-2010, 06:14 PM
That's a great idea Freddy !

donninacd
06-09-2010, 06:54 PM
That's a great idea Freddy !

I concur, Freddy's idea is brilliant. Good luck to you!!

Kelly DeWinter
06-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Awesome ! I'm hoping to hire reps for my Business, mayby have them all crossdress to increase sales ?

Cristi
06-09-2010, 07:20 PM
I work at home a lot and am usually fulled en femme while doing so. I dread the day (which is coming soon) when everybody expects video conference calls.

I guess even then I can still wear a skirt... as long I remember to not stand up!

kellyanne
07-30-2010, 11:55 PM
More good news...

I thought I was out of luck with this company.
Then a call came for phone interview (Round # 3 ) with the National Manager.
I knew this girl had to go with what got her here.
The night before I chose a Sears Dream Fit burgundy knee length pencil skirt and a sateen white V neck top.
It was very shapely but not revealing at all.
Being a little nervous before the call, I practiced my feminine walk over and over.

...ok Girl : palms slightly open, finger together slightlly curved pointed towards the feet,
shoulders back - 'carrying a teacup and saucer on each', letting the arms move at the elbow, let the arch do the hip roll work girl . ok and again and again..

Well it worked - an email came today for round 4 in person next week !
Being who I am gave me the confidence I needed.

Thank you girls for the kind words and PMs.

The economy is slowly turning girls - dont give up and be creative - do what you may not have done before withthe same skills set.

All the jobs I have interviewed well for this time - were the ones I did not think I would get

The ones I thought I fit - never called - go figure

dough is about the same.

You Go Girls !

xo
Kelly Anne

JOJO44
07-31-2010, 12:28 AM
Congrats!

It looks like some one is about to put in some hours away from home soon!

You go girl!

Jo

AlisonRenee
07-31-2010, 12:36 AM
Keep up the good work, KellyAnne -- and BEST of luck.

Been there too. My search finally has a happy ending after a long wait, new job starts Monday and it's what I really wanted - so I'm a happy girl.

I hope yours works out well too!

kellyanne
07-31-2010, 07:15 AM
HI Alison,

A sincere congratulations on your successful career search !
It is a very , very tough economy a girl faces these days and you are to be congratulated for all your hard work and determination !

Take afew minutes to treat yourself this weekend Alison.

I wish you all success in this new position.

xo

Kelly Anne

Tora
07-31-2010, 09:18 AM
Underdressing works, panties, pantyhose, short fullslip, possibly a bra, under slacks and a DRESS shirt. Does have a calming effect.

Ann Thomas
07-31-2010, 10:19 AM
Very nice and encouraging stories! I can very much appreciate what you're going through and how you've chosen to handle things. I posted a question a couple of weeks ago about interview dressing, as I am currently in the job market and getting interviews as well.

I ended up choosing to go to all my interviews underdressed at this point - I need the work too badly to risk being judged for my appearance. I underdressed as much as I could, and it very much had a calming effect on me.

The first place I went was so much fun - sitting there in the lobby of the place were two Oscars - both technical Oscars for the cameras used to shoot SlumDog Millionaire - I'd never seen a real one up close before, and they weren't even behind glass, just sitting on a display counter in the lobby. The interview went very well, and went an hour overtime. A week afterwards I got an email that someone much better qualified had been selected, even though mine were very good as well. Bummer.

Next place I got interviews for went extremely well also - got through two interviews in one visit, and the second one said she'd be recommending me for the job, but the third interview was required, done by a department supervisor where I'd be working. Still waiting for the call for an appointment, but it's only been two days ago since my interviews with them.

Having done as much job searching as I have in the last two years, I can clearly see things are turning around - I'm seeing more new job openings each day than before, and am landing more interviews more quickly.

Hugs,
Ann

Dee2U
07-31-2010, 11:04 AM
Thank you all so much for sharing your struggles with getting work, keeping your hopes and showing confidence. I have been fortunate in only having a pay cut during this recession and sometimes forget the huge ego slam and money worries that come with unemployment. Those of us with steady work should reflect on our good fortune. Metta....Dee

Chickhe
08-01-2010, 12:58 AM
Are you going to dress for the in person interview too? You will be much more relaxed! ;-) Good luck.

kellyanne
08-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Well ... not a great interview anf my origianl post was a bummed out one.
Another opportunity has come up - more in line with my experience and I am studying hard for that one on Thursday.

A friend gave me a pep talk so I have redone this post to " ...accentuate the positive, e_e_eliminate the negative and I wont mess with Mr . In Between. ! "

We must translate any negative experience into positive action and vibes.
Sulking after the interview did not accomplish anything for me.

I also have greatly improved my situational answers in the last 24 hrs and worked through line by line of the CV to create more concrete examples when asked for them.

It seems these questions are ruling the interview day everywhere:

Q: Describe a situation where you championed an idea that was unpopular, convinced your team to do it and it succeeded. How did you convince them, what was the reults and what was the measure of this success ?

... where you did thing differently

The structure is always the same:

Describe a situation where ... leadership, personal relations etc etc
where,why,how was the success measured ?

Freddy - I did not wear panties :o(

I will be fully dressed en femme for the next opportunity at home or underdressed in person.

Vieja
08-11-2010, 10:52 AM
I thought I would regret being retired but with the way things are in the current economy and job market I now feel pleased that I am no longer required to compete.

Vieja

Wiccle
08-11-2010, 01:29 PM
I always find it fun when you're at home & work rings when you're e.g on a day off & you're talking to work people whilst fully dressed ;)!!! They have no idea!!!

kellyanne
08-12-2010, 08:52 PM
A much,much better performance in an interview today.

I wrote out the answers to many " situational questions " and polished and rehearsed them for another interview today.

The result was much,much,much better - sa mooth flow - crisp replies with specific past examples for each " situational question ".

Also got a call from the HH on the last one - I am still in the game there.

Finally 2 good irons in the fire ...onto Interview # 5 with the first company and # 3 with the second
( don't think I have ever had > 4 interviews for a position - but employee supply greatly exceeds demand so its their game )

I am happy to help anyway I can or compare notes with anyone else currently seeking employment.

Cheers

Alberta_Pat
08-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Way to go Kelly Anne.

I wish you the best of luck.

Pat