PDA

View Full Version : Crossing of the Legs

Anneliese
06-09-2010, 07:58 PM
If there is one thing I've ALWAYS done, it's crossing my legs.

I have to think about and act out in order NOT to cross my legs.

Is leg-crossing CD/TG/TS? It seems the natural way to sit as far as I'm concerned.

Both legs out in front HURTS.

Thoughts?

Angiemead12
06-09-2010, 09:04 PM
I do it all the time!

sissystephanie
06-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Ladies cross their legs, but below the knee!

Tanya83
06-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Not sure it really matters. I see guys cross their legs all the time. I'll do it because it's just comfortable.

AKAMichelle
06-09-2010, 10:12 PM
I do all the time as well. It just feels more comfortable for some reason.

girlalex
06-10-2010, 04:11 AM
same here. it feels more natural and comfortable.

prene
06-10-2010, 04:13 AM
I can't cross mine easily.
It feels very uncomfortable crossed.
My legs are to stocky/big.
Sad for me.

Tasha McIntyre
06-10-2010, 04:43 AM
OMG Anneliese, you brought back a very funny (tad embarrassing at the time though) memory.

I am quite new to being out and about, and am really just a big ape in my mannerisms. I was at a busy shopping mall with a friend (member of this forum) a month or so ago, all dressed up nicely :daydreaming:. We sit down in a rest area, and I start lounging around with my legs apart like a old caveman :doh: My friend has a bit of a laugh before alerting me to my ....... errrr, lack of poise.

I really do have a lot to learn.

Tash :)

Princess29
06-10-2010, 04:51 AM
yes Tash, that was quite an interesting sight. The woman who was sitting directly across from you sure left in a hurry didnt she?

BRANDYJ
06-10-2010, 05:18 AM
I wish I could say it is easy for me to cross my legs, but it's not. Even when I was a very fit 34 inch waist in my early 20's, I had very thick thighs. It was hard for me to buy even male pants. I had to measure the pants thigh down 5 inches from the crotch. If they were not 22 inches with the 34 inch waist, I knew the thighs would be to small. So due to my larger thighs, it has always been hard to cross my legs.
I also find it hard to sit with my knees together as ladies should do, especially with a short skirt. I have to use constant muscle pressure to keep my legs closed. It's hard to do for long periods of time. I have even tried tying my legs together just above the knees to train my muscles to let me relax and keep my knees together at the knees.

Tasha McIntyre
06-10-2010, 05:45 AM
yes Tash, that was quite an interesting sight. The woman who was sitting directly across from you sure left in a hurry didnt she?

Mel, you remembered :doh:

Ahhhh yeah.......... that poor lady :eek:

Paulacder
06-10-2010, 06:11 AM
Crossing your legs seem almost second nature to me, I have always done it either dressed or in drab. While doing the guy thing (Drab), with a couple male friends of mine, we were setting at a table eating breakfast, one of my friends noticed how I was setting and asked "Why are you setting like a girl", I replyed, I didn't know that I was. As I said it's second nature to me....HOW DO YOU CROSS YOUR LEGS BELOW THE KNEE.....:love:

Angiemead12
06-10-2010, 06:32 AM
i can even cross it behind my ankle after crossing it over my leg!

victoriamwilliams1
06-10-2010, 06:44 AM
I used to be able to cross me legs and go behind my ankle until I gained too much weight! I feel more comfortable myself when I cross my legs while dressed and for some odd reason when in guy mode I cannot do it.

Violetgray
06-10-2010, 07:07 AM
If there is one thing I've ALWAYS done, it's crossing my legs.

I have to think about and act out in order NOT to cross my legs.

Is leg-crossing CD/TG/TS? It seems the natural way to sit as far as I'm concerned.

Both legs out in front HURTS.

Thoughts?

I hope that the last sentence is an "All in your mind" sort of thing, because sitting down with your legs uncrossed should never hurt.

Anneliese
06-10-2010, 07:17 AM
It hurts my back to sit with my legs straight out in front of me guy-style for any length of time. Any version.

I can also wrap my foot behind my ankle, although I haven't done it in a long time. That's how I always sat (crossed and wrapped around) in school, from kindergarten to college graduation.

Maybe 5% of the time I sit with both feet on the floor. Tops.

I've gotten a fair amount of comments and stares for sitting this way. A long time ago I noticed the "Tonight Show exception". Practically every guy on the show (and other talk/interview shows) sat/sits with their legs crossed. The only exceptions are/were the supposed super macho men, such as John Wayne or Clint Eastwood.

erickka
06-10-2010, 07:26 AM
I used to be able to cross me legs and go behind my ankle until I gained too much weight! I feel more comfortable myself when I cross my legs while dressed and for some odd reason when in guy mode I cannot do it.

I'm with you girl! Can't seem to cross when in drab, but in a skirt, it's almost automatic. I fortunately do have thinner thighs than most guys, making a double leg cross not too dificult for me!

Anneliese
06-10-2010, 09:36 AM
I can't say I've had the desire to dress up every minute of my life, but crossing my legs, singing soprano (mostly as a goof), preferring character studies to explosion and car crash movies HAS been there from birth.

kimdl93
06-10-2010, 10:57 AM
I just normally sit with my legs crossed. don't give it much thought, really.

Lexine
06-10-2010, 11:42 AM
I've always been told that if I crossed my legs, for a boy it would need to form a "4" if you're looking at it from above. For girls, it'd have to be bent so that the other leg bends down on the other side of your other leg.

Keep in mind, these are from my aunts so I'm not sure how accurate this information is! LOL

leggylisa
06-10-2010, 11:49 AM
I've always crossed my legs, sometimes people make fun of me and say only girls do that. But just feels natural for me

AlisonRenee
06-10-2010, 12:15 PM
I have to be conscious of it when in drab, or I find myself doing the feminine leg-cross without thinking about it. The reverse can also be an issue. In guy mode, prior to embracing what I've always known about me, I've always typically done the ankle-on-opposite-knee thing. In a dress, that does *not* work well.

KayleeDahl
06-10-2010, 01:11 PM
in my youth, I remember specifically crossing my legs, and my family telling me that that is not how boys should sit. It was how I was comfortable, but they pestered it out of me.

At some point in college, i started doing it again, don't remember thinking about it at all, just doing it, and have been ever since. Some times i sit in the boy way making a 4 from the top, but most of the time i'm sitting crossed. Outside of childhood, no-one has ever commented on it.

Hugs
Kaylee

kimdl93
06-10-2010, 01:27 PM
in my youth, I remember specifically crossing my legs, and my family telling me that that is not how boys should sit...

I had similar childhood experiences with teasing about the way I crossed my legs. it didn't matter, I guess because I did it unconsiously and still do.

StaceyJane
06-10-2010, 01:41 PM
I'm with you girl! Can't seem to cross when in drab, but in a skirt, it's almost automatic. I fortunately do have thinner thighs than most guys, making a double leg cross not too dificult for me!

Same here!

TinaMc
06-10-2010, 03:54 PM
I've always been a girly-leg crosser too...

Jocelyn Quivers
06-11-2010, 06:47 AM
I've always had a difficult time crossing my legs, it's gotten easier in the past couple of years as I've lost weight and stretch daily. However by my very nature I am very stiff and wooden without much flexibility. It is almost impossible for me to do it when wearing baggy pants that I wear in male mode. When in a dress it is easier.

Anneliese
06-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Girly crossing of legs is the ONLY way I feel comfortable. Have done it as long as I can remember. Sure, a few minutes of figure four or both feet on floor every once in awhile, but crossing is how I sit and have always sat 98% of the time. I only got hassled about it in junior high, but I suppose people have noticed and wondered about it forever.

Cait
06-11-2010, 01:02 PM
I naturally cross my legs in a girly way, as I find any other way feels alien and uncomfortable.

t-girlxsophie
06-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Its one of the easiest things for me crossing my legs,I just love the whole action of smoothing my skirt under me as i sit and cross my legs ever so ladylike:daydreaming:

vetobob9
06-11-2010, 02:51 PM
I've never had a problem crossing my legs. The way I do depends on the leg though. One leg, I can cross like a female, and the other crosses like a male.
I am referring to crossing the legs comfortably. One leg is more comfortable crossed like females do it and the other leg is more comfortable when I cross it like males do it.

NathalieX66
06-11-2010, 03:00 PM
I can do it but it's uncomfortable.
I run about 4-5 miles every other day and cycle on the weekends (I used to be a competitive cyclist ) and I have difficulty. The reality is is that I was born with the wrong pelvis. :sad:
I mentioned before that females have this ability to rotate their femurs, via the axis of the bone socket that give them an omnidirectional capability where guys don't have that movement,. a.k.a., child bearing hips. ...helps get that little baby's head out of the cervix during birth.

Mandy
06-11-2010, 03:04 PM
I sit with my legs crossed all the time:D in drab & in Femme mode

joandher
06-11-2010, 03:24 PM
i can even cross it behind my ankle after crossing it over my leg!

I do that even when in boy mode,and sometimes i get real funny looks from both male and females

:hugs:

J-JAY

Dee2U
06-11-2010, 05:45 PM
I, too, find it very comfortable to cross my legs in the feminine manner (both en femme and drab) but not in the more butch (someone called it the figure 4) style. I find it way more comfortable than holding my knees together and I am not sure why. Legs and feet do look pretty that way. I also like to tuck my feet under my bottom when on the sofa....Dee

sissystephanie
06-11-2010, 10:01 PM
I haven't noticed anybody responding to my earlier post on this thread, and wonder if all you ladies do cross your legs completely ladylike. Males almost always cross their legs either above or at the knee! Females almost always cross their legs below the knee, some times as far down as the ankle! I did notice that some of you said that you could cross your legs twice. I believe that is only possible if you cross them above your knee, which any true lady will tell you is not properly feminine!! Just commenting!!:heehee:

Edwina
06-12-2010, 03:57 AM
Crossing your legs seem almost second nature to me, I have always done it either dressed or in drab. While doing the guy thing (Drab), with a couple male friends of mine, we were setting at a table eating breakfast, one of my friends noticed how I was setting and asked "Why are you setting like a girl", I replyed, I didn't know that I was. As I said it's second nature to me....HOW DO YOU CROSS YOUR LEGS BELOW THE KNEE.....:love:

I had a similar experience with workmates asking the same thing. Up till then I had no idea that it was supposed to be girly. :eek: Didn't stop me though. :D
:love:
Edwina

Kaz
06-12-2010, 05:31 AM
I've always crossed my legs in boy mode and not given it any thought at all. I also haven't noticed any looks or comments!

Alex!
06-12-2010, 07:42 AM
When dressed, I cross my legs often. In guy mode, I do not do this because I feel it is a feminine pose.

abigail43
06-12-2010, 11:16 AM
The crossing of the legs is natural for me but to double cross them takes some effort .I would not be paying to much attention to it

Anneliese
06-12-2010, 05:37 PM
There are things I think about and can control, but leg crossing is natural and man-like sitting is completely unnatural. There has never been a time in my life when this has changed.

charlie
06-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Hello Annelise!
Like all the other replies I too cross my legs. However, when looking at groups most men do not. Most men put one leg over the knee. Just something I've noted.