PDA

View Full Version : Do we have a hormone cycle too?

Randy
06-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Maybe it's just me, but there are just certain times where the desire to dress overwhelmes me. I may be at work, home, or somewhere in between, but it just seems that I don't always want to dress, but that every once in a while, it comes on with a rush.

Does this happen to you or is it more of a constant?

busker
06-09-2010, 08:32 PM
we certainly do have a hormone cycle and we have estrogen, prolactin, and of course testosterone. Our main hormone is T and it peaks about 8 am and is lowest at 8 pm and 3 pm has other significance in the circadian rhythm.
I don't have any "urgency" to dress but certainly look forward to the end-of-day in order to dress and sometimes dress in the morning if I have nothing important to do. Being retired, life is a bit easier demand wise so I can dress without too many concerns.

sissystephanie
06-09-2010, 09:15 PM
I am pretty sure I do not have any hormone cycle! At my age, I think I am way past that. And since I have been dressing for over 60 years, if I ever had any problems that way they are long gone!

Danielle Gee
06-09-2010, 09:49 PM
I don't know if it's because of some kind of hormone cycle, but my urge to dress absolutly peaks and wanes. I dressed yesterday for the first time in several weeks.

Danielle:)

TxKimberly
06-09-2010, 10:09 PM
All I can tell you is that my wife has several times asked me if it was my time of the month as a way of telling me that I am being unreasonable. lol

AKAMichelle
06-09-2010, 10:11 PM
It use to happen regularly, but now that I dress almost full time again not so much.

Rogina B
06-09-2010, 10:35 PM
My wife claims that I have PMS monthly..Not sure it is that but I can get myself in a bad mood for sure!:D

Chloe Renee
06-09-2010, 10:41 PM
All I can tell you is that my wife has several times asked me if it was my time of the month as a way of telling me that I am being unreasonable. lol
I get the same thing the difference is she actually tracked my time on a calender for six months. Apparently, I do have a cycle on some level.

I just figured I just had a couple bad days each month.

Jodi M
06-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Don't know if it's a cycle but I can sometimes go a couple months without dressing and then I will be out maybe three times in one week the urge comes back so strong.

Teri Jean
06-09-2010, 11:06 PM
I use to have bad moments but since I went on estrogen and a T-blocker my attitude has mellowed. Better living through chemistry. LOL

Teri

Tina L.
06-09-2010, 11:15 PM
I'm pretty sure there is such a thing as male pms, there are times when i can't get along with anyone.

andrea35
06-09-2010, 11:54 PM
My wife does not know that I crossdress, but she often tells me that I have the temper of a woman, exem. complaining a lot and crying when washing a movie and I notice that when I can't crossdress is when I behave this way.

Stephanie Anne
06-10-2010, 12:01 AM
I am not sure but I am not on HRT yet but I do get bloated, cranky and my breasts are tender around the same time monthly.

TinaMc
06-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Male hormones (testosterone) peak in the morning, hence the old morning wood. But apart from that, not really. It's probably not really hormonal, more psychological...

Sarah V
06-12-2010, 09:02 PM
I believe this to be very true. I can tell different physical and mood changes that occur the same way every month. I have read where some of the physical changes are 100% connected to changing hormone levels in the blood.

CD Susie
06-13-2010, 01:53 AM
If there is a cycle mine is erratic. Also just wanted to say I'm back!! Been gone from the site for a few months now.

Here are some key factors that play an important role on when I tend to dress more or less. I apologize also I'm tired and some of the following might not make much sense.

Dress more:
1) My company retail sales are up. Means my bills are payed.
2) Its raining/storming outside and bored.
3) Horny
4) Girlfriend tries new toenail polish on me.
5) See an ad online for woman clothes.
6) See a woman on TV wearing pantyhose/dress/heels/etc

Dress less:
1) My company retail sales are low. Happening too much recently!
2) Its nice outside so I go out.
3) Busy spending time with friends/family.
4) Girlfriend wants Italian guy, not Susie at given moment.

Kelly DeWinter
06-13-2010, 01:59 AM
The term for men is UMS:

Ugly
Mood
Swings

They are much more unpredictable then womens, can occour more then once a month, and are usualy tempered by purchasing shiny sports cars.

Kelly

Gisele
06-13-2010, 06:16 AM
LOL...

I really had thought about this a few months ago. I do think that I have a "time of month" thing going on. Once a month I have a small break out on my face and I get moody. I snap at the smallest stuipd things. It will last for about two days. Heck, this could be all in my head but who knows.

Just last week when getting my hair done I was bitching about having two pimples pop up when I needed to look my best in make up for our group meeting that night. My hair stylest she just giggled and said it's a b@tch being a girl ain't it? I had to laugh and agree with her.