PDA

View Full Version : Forcing myself out for the first time

Amyy
06-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Recently I've been wanting to go out dressed for the first time in my skirt, black tights and flats. The problem is whenever I've thought about it I've never had the courage to actually do it. So I came up with an idea.

I'm currently studying for some exams and I thought it would be great to go to the local library in my skirt and do some study as I thought it would be a relatively safe and easy starting point. Then I came up with an idea to make myself actually go through with it.

Today I'm going to go to the library and hide a key to a padlock somewhere. Then, early next week I'll head out and use the padlock to either lock up my male clothes or lock on the skirt somehow. Then I'll have no choice but to go into the library to get the key to unlock the padlock as there is definitely no chance of me being able to go home wearing a skirt as I am not yet out to my family.

What do you girls think of that idea?

I wish I could have the confidence and courage of some of you girls but I've tried before and every time I just back out. I'm really looking forward to doing this but am also very nervous.

So have any of you done something like this?
If not, how do you pluck up the courage to go out for the first time?

sissystephanie
06-09-2010, 09:42 PM
I went out in public the first time when I was a teenager! Don't remember much about it because that was over 60 years ago! But after I got married to a wonderful lady who fixd my wig and did my makeup, I went out a lot more fully dressed enfemme. I lost her to cancer some years ago, but I still go out dressed. Since I am lousy at fixing my wig and also at doing makeup, I don't bother. I just go out as a guy in a skirt or dress. If people don't like it that is their problem, not mine. The truth is, I don't get any bad comments!! Yes, people look at me, even staring! But I just ignore them! I am me, and I can dress as I want!!

Your idea is O.K., but seems a little much. Just dress and go to the library. I bet nobody will care!

Tanya83
06-09-2010, 09:46 PM
I just "Went out" for the first time last week (Pics in my album). Only for a drive though. I must say it was a lot of fun and it's great to have finally gotten my feet wet. Now I can't wait to take it up a notch and maybe go to a movie.:)
I say start using "Baby steps". Just to see how you feel. If you're not comfortable, it will show. For the most part no-one will really care. It'll be how you feel about yourself.

fallen_rayne
06-09-2010, 09:51 PM
I went out for the first time to the local mall, only 21, so still fun to do. I went out with a friend who organized some girls to go out with, 1 other woman went. We had fun, i got some stares, but they were good stares. All you gotta do is have fun while doing it, and not care what anyone thinks. I know, it's harder then it sounds, but it's so worth it.

~Jamie~

PretzelGirl
06-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Just figure out how to do it naturally. Everything will be okay. If you do the key, do you want to figure the odds on the key being gone when you go back?

AKAMichelle
06-09-2010, 10:10 PM
What if somebody finds you key and takes it with them. I hope you have a backup plan otherwise you could find yourself telling a lot of folks about that one. I still think the best idea is to just do it without the padlock.

JenniferR771
06-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Good idea Amyy,
But may I suggest a cute dress with a belt locked on. Much more difficult to remove than a skirt. LOL!
I have done a similar adventure. Fun if you like that sort of thing--and I do. Dressed, I hid a car key key tied to a stop sign at the west end of the mall and locked myself out of my car at the east end of the mall. I had to walk to the far end to the stop sign--get the key, and walk back. Very nervous at first. Heels a little loud and awkward on the smooth marble floor. But as I neared the end I got bold and window shopped a few places. Also checked out the shoes at JC Penny.

But its wise to have a spare key just in case.

juno
06-09-2010, 10:24 PM
If you want to go out, just do it. All of the anxiety of wanting to go out is a wasted effort. If you want to get used to looking "different" without fear of how people view cross dressing, start by going out with some other sort of costume (e.g. punk or Goth style makeup, and elf costume, or whatever).

Amyy
06-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Thanks girls.

I've decided to do my idea because I've been wanting to do it for so long but I do feel like I need that little push :)

Don't worry. I will have backups in place. If worst comes to worst I can use scissors and just cut the skirt off. Although hopefully I won't have to do that.

Jennifer that sounds like amazing fun! You don't know how much I want to do that. Unfortunately, at the moment I only have items for the waist down. So I will be going out as a guy in a skirt (a cute skirt that I think guys should be able to wear:heehee:). Planning to use the belt type concept by using a wire running through the waist line of the skirt.

I wonder how many others here have stories like Jennifer's. It would be great to here if anyone has any experience with this.

Tasha McIntyre
06-10-2010, 04:56 AM
Hi Amyy,

First time out is as thrilling as it is terrifying for a lot of us. Then you realise that people are too wrapped up in their own comings and goings to care that much about what you are wearing.

First time out - studying in the library......whoa, fat chance studying much of what's in the book. In all probability you'll be too busy looking for reactions and being self conscious.

Good luck though, once out you can't go back - way too addictive and wicked fun to boot :)

Tash

Fab Karen
06-10-2010, 06:45 AM
I have done a similar adventure. Fun if you like that sort of thing--and I do. Dressed, I hid a car key key tied to a stop sign at the west end of the mall and locked myself out of my car at the east end of the mall.

But its wise to have a spare key just in case.
If you did that here, that key might be gone when you got there.

Sheila
06-10-2010, 07:07 AM
Any if you are going out for the very first time and are really this nervous, may I suggest you go with something a little less wearing on the nerves, maybe some fem trousers and a fem top, nothing that will scream look at me, trust me if you go out and are not comfortable with how you are dressed, it will show, and if it all goes wrong it may stop you going our for a very long time to come ......... the other option/or add on is to go with a friend as support ......... however you do it I hope it all goes well and you enjoy the experience of your first time out :)

faltenrock
06-10-2010, 07:21 AM
Don't worry Amy. I went out the first time when I was 18 or less. You may want to find a place where you feel safe, if you're afraid of beeing recognized.
I usually go to far places from home. In the beginning I went out in the darkness. It took me some time to be able to go out in daylight. Today, many years later, I go out to any kind of places, hundreds of times - I never had a problem. It's mostly our unsecurity that worries, no so much the public or some stares that me might get.
You'll find out, after you did it once it will be much easier without fear.

Engendered
06-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Good luck Amy! Let us know what happens. :)

DonnaT
06-10-2010, 11:22 AM
It wasn't a first time out, but it was a first time locally. I drove to the office one Halloween morning and took my guy clothes to my room, and then I drove across town to where I park, and rode the subway in. No comments, and I even had a mustache.

Be careful where you hide the key. Make sure it's well hidden and attached to something that you know for sure won't be moved to another part of the library.

carolinoakland
06-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Only you can give yourself permission to be happy. Carol

JenniferR771
06-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Sure Amyy,
hide the key to your clothes in a book. Just make sure its not a best seller, or on the assigned reading list. LOL!

Tell us what happened--and get pictures. Please!
Spare key under a rock in front of the library.

emilygielen
06-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Sounds you will have great fun!!

Once I did crossdress and couldn't go back!
I was spending the day in a theme park completely dressed in girl's. I let my boy's clothes in the trunk of my car before taking the train to go there! So I did the 2-hour-trip by train fully dressed, the whole day at the theme park and the trip back home! That was a lot of fun!! I finally spent a whole day dressed as a girl and nobody even cared! I even bought a girly t-shirt souvenir with lots of rhinestones!

Amyy
06-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Ok. The key has been hidden. I found a nice fake pot-plant that hid the key well.
I'll go back there dressed probably on monday.
And you're right, i'm so excited now and i'll be so busy looking for people's reactions that I probably won't get much study done :heehee:
But it's a good excuse to go out.

Emily that does sound fun.

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement.
I'll make sure to let you know how it goes :)

Amyy
06-14-2010, 09:03 AM
I did it!!

The plan went ahead as planned which made me pretty much have to go to the library in my skirt and tights. And yes, the key was exactly where I left it.

What an awesome experience it was. Was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Although did struggle to act completely normally.

Now I just have to think about where to go next.
I'm thinking museum and maybe art gallery...

tammygirl79
06-14-2010, 09:43 AM
I did it!!

The plan went ahead as planned which made me pretty much have to go to the library in my skirt and tights. And yes, the key was exactly where I left it.

What an awesome experience it was. Was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Although did struggle to act completely normally.

Now I just have to think about where to go next.
I'm thinking museum and maybe art gallery...
Congratulations on your first time out Amyy, I'm so glad to hear that you followed through with it! :)

kellgrl66
06-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Well Amy we all remember our first times out. Something a girl always remembers. Try taking a drive or walking the streets early morning or in a safe part of town. Its only scarey at first and soon you will be rid of the fear girl. Good luck now