PDA

View Full Version : Hooooooooooooome!

halfman_halfamazing
06-10-2010, 04:27 AM
Hey guys been back for a week already! Even been around here leaving stuff but haven't officially said 'hey'. Spent two weeks in my girlfriend's hometown of Memphis, TN!
So totally awesome! Anyone been?
I was so nervous. When I started realizing more about me beng trans, I watched "Boys Don't Cry" lol and I had been terrified to go down south ever since, but it was fun. No problems.
I was glanced at a couple times but I'm pretty sure it was because the way I was dressed. Put it simply.. the folk in the south don't dress like the peeps in L.A..:straightface:
I had so much fun. And I ate LIKE AN ANIMAL!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know I loved ribs as much as I thought.
Again, no one knows I'm trans. I met my girlfriend's BFF's boyfriend, he seemed to like me a lot. I love meeting guys who don't know about me. Its super fun. We all hung out quite a bit.
It turns out that I had calculated wrong and only miss 1 shot! I had one when I got back and it was sooooo good. It didnt hurt at all and I thought it was gonna.
Unfortunately!!! I got called "ma'am" by the cashier at Walgreens! I was just like um.. I wanna blame it one the way I was dressed cuz of what I said of how we dress down here. Anything from 21Men or Urban Outfitters would look homosexual or womanly but.. I was in light denim cut offs and a black jacket. Like a sports/member's only jacket. So.. IDK but that doesn't bother anymore that happens now I just blame it on whoever said it instead of myself.
I'm horrible at this I've found but I'll try to put up some pics. I haven't even uploaded them cuz my computer is so packed I really don't wanna put 1500 pictures on here until i delete some things.
So yeah! I had fun!

Lex
06-10-2010, 05:25 AM
Sounds like a fun time!

Yeah, "Boys Don't Cry" scared me as well...but to me the deep south of America always looked pretty scary anyway. I haven't been anywhere in the US, but it's on the list.

Shame about the cashier. D: Maybe she gets a lot of manly looking women in her shop and she mistook you for one? Or maybe she's blind :)

Tamara Croft
06-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Don't you just wanna bash those idiots around the head when they ma'am you when you're a male :rolleyes: I remember when I was in the states with Sharon up in Buffalo and some dork Sir'd her... :OMG: I wanted to ram the car door at his head...

Andy66
06-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Welcome back, glad you had a good time.

Yeah, they have a whole different sense of fashion in the South. A GG friend of mine moved there (from SoCal) and had the hardest time finding a hair place that would cut her hair short. They refused to cut her hair. WTF LOL!

Fab Karen
06-11-2010, 05:40 PM
For those that haven't been here, don't base your opinion of this little country on the people you see in the movie "Bruno" for example. The entire country isn't brain-dead like that.

Ze
06-11-2010, 08:39 PM
That sucks about the female assumption thing. Drives me crazy when it happens to me...which is often enough. :doh:

And "Boys Don't Cry" really scared the crap out of me, too. Still does, actually....It's just too real of a scenario. (Yes, I'm aware it was based on a true story.)

Southern ribs? Nothing better. :D

Lex
06-12-2010, 06:24 AM
For those that haven't been here, don't base your opinion of this little country on the people you see in the movie "Bruno" for example. The entire country isn't brain-dead like that.

Don't worry, I've seen and heard enough American tv shows/movies/musicians/bands/musicals/etc and talked to enough American people to know that there's more to America than Bush and crazy religious types. :)

7sisters
06-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Hola! Welcome back and glad to hear you had fun.