PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone call you by your CD name when you're in drab?

FemmeElastique
06-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Does anyone call you by your CD name when you're in drab? Or has anyone ever just done it accidentally or whatever?

My girl name is Rebecca. My nephew's friends know I CD and call me Becky. It's so funny. And I'm so crazy because I'll answer them. Yesterday in Wal-Mart, his girlfriend hollered "Becky!" and me and my niece turned around and just laughed! I don't even think she knows my real name! LOL I'm also saved in some of their phones as Becky.

Sheila
06-12-2010, 05:46 PM
yup I have been known to call Debs Debs when she is in drab :o:o she is cool with it though :)

Sarah Doepner
06-12-2010, 05:58 PM
No, but I've looked over my shoulder when someone has asked for Sarah and I was in drab. I managed to avoid answering fortunately.

FemmeElastique
06-12-2010, 06:02 PM
No, but I've looked over my shoulder when someone has asked for Sarah and I was in drab. I managed to avoid answering fortunately.

LOL! It would be funny if you did. Yesterday in Wal-Mart, I unfortunately turned around and answered.

Bethany38
06-12-2010, 06:08 PM
My Wife calls me Bethany all the time. I also have some friends that call me Bethany wether I am dressed or not.

fallen_rayne
06-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Some friends i know call me by my Femme name while in drab. Even to tease me they'll do it when i'm a guy. -.-

BRANDYJ
06-12-2010, 06:15 PM
It has happened to me. My SO has done it a couple of times. Only once while with unknowing friends. She covered it well. Don't remember how though. Have had a few others do it too.

charlie
06-12-2010, 06:58 PM
I have several CD friends that only call me my fem name (except when instructed not to).

DonniDarkness
06-12-2010, 07:38 PM
My femme name and my guy name are so close to each other, ive learned its not whether they just call me Don or Donni, its HOW they say my name that implies the identity to "Donni"
:daydreaming:

~Seana~
06-12-2010, 07:46 PM
I'm called by my girl name all the time in drab, but lately, there's not alot of difference between my drab self, and my girl self. I pretty much always wear panties no matterr how I'm dressed, girl stuff has made it's way into my wardrobe and my favorite pants, are actually girl jeans, and people have gotten used to seeing me in girl jeans most of the time, even with a male collared shirt. My hair is Always grown out an d girly now, my brows usually done, so umm, where's the guy appearance? Oh the shadow, well that's going too via laser when i can afford it ...at what point is en drab...dressed as a girl?

sandra-leigh
06-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Very few of my CD friends know my male name. Other than them, one store owner calls me by my female name, but that's about it.

JenniferR771
06-12-2010, 10:10 PM
It happened--drab I walked into my favorite thrift store and the sales assistant, loudly said from 20 feet away, "Well hi, Jennifer!"

AKAMichelle
06-12-2010, 11:26 PM
I have a cd'er friend who always calls me Michelle regardless of how I'm dressed.

The weirdest situation involving my female name was when I was on the phone with my client and she hollored out for Michelle. That's when I did the stupid thing. I said - Yea! She asked me what I said and then I realized what I had done. Immediately said that I thought she was talking to me. Told her I wasn't paying very close attention and misunderstood.

Diane Smith
06-12-2010, 11:58 PM
My ex-boss, who was never officially told I dressed but probably knew, sometimes called me "Ann" or "Annie" around the office, even though it has nothing to do with either of my real or chosen names. She said once that I just looked and acted more like an Ann than a <insert male name> to her ... go figure.

- Diane

Von
06-13-2010, 03:08 AM
It's funny, the name you see here isn't meant to be my female name. When I first found the site a couple of months back, I was surprised to see nearly everyone had a decidedly feminine name. Even those in the middle of declaring it was just about the clothes - or that they had no interest in being feminine. I felt that way, to a degree, but I knew that I didn't understand what was going on, and it was constantly evolving.

I noticed that a lot of people adressed each other, and the group as a whole, as girls (i.e. "okay, girls") but before I could protest, I realized I didn't mind. Maybe I kind of liked it. It was such a foreign idea, I wondered what my girl name would be if I was to need one - could I even think of one? Then it hit me - when my mother remarried, we visited my stepfather's grandmother - and she called me by a girl's name. I protested, but she didn't stop. No explanation. Didn't seem to be mean-spirited, she was very sweet. When I'd tell her "I'm not a girl", she would just smile, and look at me with watery-eyed affection, but she never called me anything else. She wasn't confused. She called me that for the rest of her life. It always made me self-concious, but my parents said to indulge her, she was so old...

I wish I knew what compelled her. I'd just about melt if anyone called me that now. I hadn't even thought of it in years. I learned to ignore it eventually, but I never liked it. Now to think of it makes me feel much the way that dressing does (pretty great). Maybe I'll request a change. I'll have to think about it.

gailprice
06-13-2010, 03:16 AM
I get called by girl name often. My drab name is Gary and most people shorten It to Gail. How cool.

rufus rabbit
06-13-2010, 04:19 AM
I've do it alot at home... I have to conciously not use it when we are out... :)

Loni
06-13-2010, 04:34 AM
non of my "male/drab" friends knows about Loni.

so i can say it has not happened....yet.:eek:

GBNatarii
06-13-2010, 04:42 AM
I know for a fact, that if I were to actually make up my mind on a name, my family would randomly use either one in every situation. It'd make me happy.

Now to just choose a bloody name........

PretzelGirl
06-13-2010, 11:46 AM
When I first found the site a couple of months back, I was surprised to see nearly everyone had a decidedly feminine name. Even those in the middle of declaring it was just about the clothes - or that they had no interest in being feminine.

You aren't the only one to notice this. I lurked around a bit before logging on and noticed most had names. Even though I didn't think it was about feeling feminine, I picked a fem name for my login for the ease of conversation. Things have changed since. . .

But the use of my fem name is actually backwards than the OP. I have been out with my wife and daughter and get called Dad and my given name. They are trying to change it though and I understand it is difficult. At this month's Tri-Ess meeting they were very good about calling me Sue. But I had my hearing aids out because of a cut in my ear. So I didn't answer a lot and they got on me about not answering to the name I wanted to be called by. Can't win sometimes. :heehee:

GBNatarii
06-13-2010, 12:48 PM
You aren't the only one to notice this. I lurked around a bit before logging on and noticed most had names. Even though I didn't think it was about feeling feminine, I picked a fem name for my login for the ease of conversation. Things have changed since. . .

I think I know what you're saying here. I'm pretty much the same way if I'm reading ya correctly. I now know there's a very slim chance of me actually using "Natalie" or "Natarii." But eh, I figure seeing big capital "GBN" makes me recognizable enough to not change it.

Kendra (Tx)
06-13-2010, 08:40 PM

Yep....Sarah..Happened to me at work a times ( someone asking for Kendra )....I had to be VERY careful NOT to answer as I'm not out at work.....However I did nearly pee my panties once when a boss came up when I performed a "miracle" at a task that I was assigned....He patted me on the shoulder and said "You da man" and as he walked by he whispered "and sometimes the woman"..Outwardly I didn't respond, but inwardly, I peed myself I'm pretty sure.:eek:...Nothing was mentioned after that...

http://kendra954.com

TerryTerri
06-13-2010, 11:33 PM
I've been called by my femme name my entire life!!!! lol!!

The part I hate is when I'm in Fabulous mode, getting called by my male name. lol

(btw, if this confuses anyone, look at my forum name to clear the confusion up)

Nikki A.
06-14-2010, 08:00 AM
A friend and her husband sometimes do (they know) and sometimes at work some coworkers do occasionally do but good natured.