PDA

View Full Version : International TV Repartee where to buy?

Colibri
08-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Hi all, I know I can buy this magazine from the web but I though it would be fun to go in to WH Smiths dressed and get a copy. But can you get this magazine from newsagents in the UK?

Colibri
08-22-2005, 06:44 PM
Sorry should have done a search on this but times have moved on and people may have seen a copy?

Imogen_Mann
08-23-2005, 04:53 AM
Not being rude, but having read a copy of TV Repartee International.... Why would you want to buy a copy anyway :confused:

Sorry... I found it mildly elitist, stuffed with cliche and just.... well, a bit naff really (also if I read the word "predeliction" ANYWHERE... I stop reading at that point and walk away).

Maybe it's moved on since and is a better read (this was a year or two back), but for me, it's a no no.

ANYWAY.... back to the point in hand...

I believe however, you should be able order it for collection from W.H.Smiths or Martins newsagents assuming they dont think it's "obscene" etc.... if you have the publishers name and all that information. As far as I am aware it's printed here in the UK, so there shouldnt be a problem ordering (payable in advance, some branches may ask a small fee for pre-ordering) but you may need to contact Repartee for thier printing / publishing details. I know for a fact that most high street newsagents won't stock it, as they're tied in with big publishing houses like Galaxy, so it's Gardeners world, or Razzle only.

XX

Jayme

Ps... this is my opinion, and I am always happy to be put right if I'm wrong. No offence is meant, or will be taken ;)

Lisa Golightly
08-23-2005, 05:15 AM
Hey Jayme I've had my photo in there!!! LOL... doh... Admittedly I only came joint 3rd in a photo competion with a pile of clothes so I've never really forgiven them ;)

Actually it's ok if you like that kind of thing :) My company advertises in it so I should be telling you to all go buy a copy! I used to get Girl Talk when it was a paper magazine which I liked, but in the main it's the usual femme mags that find their way into my shopping bag... Cosmo, Vogue, Glamour, and Marie Claire.

Take my advice... wander into WH Smith and buy a copy of In Style... now that's a great magazine...

Here's the photo that could only manage to draw against a pile of old clothes thrown on the floor... You understand I'm in no way bitter... lol ... well maybe just a tiny smidgen. :)

mand
08-23-2005, 05:52 AM
You're kidding Lisa......................mind you I think you know my veiws on the "R" word ;)

love mand xxx :)

Julie York
08-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Hi all, I know I can buy this magazine from the web but I though it would be fun to go in to WH Smiths dressed and get a copy. But can you get this magazine from newsagents in the UK?

I'm curious. Why would it be fun? Are you aiming to shock?