PDA

View Full Version : Do you remember

Pip
08-22-2005, 07:13 PM
Do you remember the first time you got called Ma'am?

Well, it happened to me this past Saturday night. I was dressed up and dying for a drive around town....once you get the bug it's hard not to. I didn't really have a destination, but just went out driving around. I find that I pass ok while in my car, which is saying a lot since I am 6'4" tall and would definately not pass well any other way. The stories I read about girls headed to the mall and such will never happen for me as I will get read by everyone that I encounter, but as has been mentioned, this is not a race, so here is my story.

Well, while out and about, I was about 2 towns away from my own and realized I was getting very thirsty. Going into a convenience store is out of the question so I worked up the nerve and pulled through the next McDonalds I saw. I raised my voice a bit and ordered my coke and some fries. At the first window where I paid there was a woman there in her 50's or so. I felt like she read me but I paid and pulled up to the next window. There I encountered a guy in his 20's and as he handed me my order he said....

"Here you go Ma'am, have a good night!"

It took me a couple minutes to register this, but I had been called ma'am!

With my confidence soaring, I decided to stop for gas and didn't even cower in the car while it filled up. There were a couple people coming in and out of the store and some cars going by but nobody even noticed me.

Then, the highlight came when I decided to stop at my UPS store mailbox. I have a 24 hour access key so I decided to stop and check my mail. The parking lot was deserted so no incident while going in, but while going out, the movie theatre that's near there had just let out and there were lots of cars going through. I didn't notice it until I was outside the store and several cars where headed my way. The lead car slowed down and motioned me to go ahead and cross. Well, off I went, and never even got a second glance. Now a GG that didn't get a second glance from a car full of guys might be insulted. Me, I considered it a WIN!

What a rush of a night it was indeed!

Pip

Adrianne
08-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Pip i am so happy for you, i be there one day when i get the guts to do it. Keep it up girlfriend.

Adrianne.

susandrea
08-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Funny....for a GG to be called "Ma'am" it's a sign that you're getting OLD! :mad:

Noel Chimes
08-23-2005, 07:41 PM
:cheer: Way to go girl!!! And then to add icing on the cake lemon to be addressed as Ma'am. Well, at least some parents still teach their children manners.
Hugs and kisses, Noel

Phoebe Reece
08-24-2005, 04:17 PM
I can't remember the first time I was called Ma'am, but last weekend while getting a sandwich for lunch at the food court in a busy mall the kid waiting on me said, "Here you are Sir.... Uh, Ma'am...... Uh....." I just smiled and said, Thank you.

It's fun to create confusion in the world.

Rachel_740
08-24-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm finding I'm getting called ma'am, love, dear and last weekend darling for the first time (although I didn't really like that - felt it was patronising) more and more frequently.

I was at work last week with my head in a machine in the workshop and a delivery driver came in and said 'can you sign for this mate?' When I pulled my head out he immediately appologised for calling me mate.

Anne

Elinor
08-25-2005, 06:21 AM
No never happened. :(

I was called "Some old hag" :confused: :(

I could not pass as a woman to blind man in the dark.

Stll a girl must practise. :D