PDA

View Full Version : What was your first experience of high heels?

PinkHighHeels<3
06-13-2010, 03:01 PM
What was your first experience of or in high heels?

Mine was when I was around 6, I remember being in a clothes shop with my mother and seeing high heel boots on display. I fantasised about being an adult and buying them and described to myself that I would say they were for my wife. A silly excuse I know, but they where quite fascinating to me. An other memory that I have was in my first year of school, a girl had a pair of shoes that I literally couldn't stop staring at. I don't know if they had a tiny heel or anything but I just remember gazing at them. The teacher probably thought I was a creep.

As I got older and entered my early teens my shoe size was around the same as my mother's so I was able to sneak into her room after school ( I was the only one in) and wear her heels. She only had black heels that where in general not that high, around 2-3 inches. However, when I was 14 my cousin was getting married and for the wedding my mother, to match her dress, bought a pair of PINK 5 inch heels with an ankle strap and a bow at the back ( sort of similar to my display pic) After the wedding I assume she forgot about them and didn't wear them again, but I did everyday after school. I just loved doing the straps up and hearing the pink heels click along the hall floor. It was a sad day when I grew out of them.

ColleenW
06-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Mine was in my teens, when I tried them on for the first time ----- and promptly fell over when I tried to walk:D

lyta
06-13-2010, 03:17 PM
I never tried heels until at the age of 30, basically because I never had access to any that fit. I bought them myself in a supermarket (two milk, one bread and a pair of pumps), nice black satin 2-3" pumps with ankle straps. I didn't try them on in the store but once inside the door to my home then on they went. The size was okay, a half size too small but still.

And I immediately fell in love with them. Their elegant shape, the lovely black velvet material, the way they fit perfectly, tightly to the feet, the cute strap, that lovely sound when I walked, the feeling of walking upright and elegantly, back straight, proud.

I am still weak for heels. If I was fully out I would probably spend a fortune on them; there are just too many beautiful shapes and colors and materials and styles. It is really hard to enter a shoe store and pass all those lovely shoes on my way to the generally boring gents' department (okay, I admit, I did find a few really nice men's shoes too in my days).

I wear heels as often as I can. It has always felt strangely natural to me to walk in 3" and maybe 4", and I get that healthy pose too, different from my slightly sunken en homme pose.

TxKimberly
06-13-2010, 03:22 PM
I don't recall the first time that I thought about them, but the first time I wore them, I was about 9 and home alone. By the way, in my case, home alone means 20 miles from a small town in the Mojave desert and 2 miles from the nearest neighbor. My mom had two pair of boots with three inch heels that were identical except one pair was red and one was black. I remember zipping them up, and with my heart pounding, heading out of the cabin to walk up the isolated dirt road that was the only route to our home.
It's funny, you hear all of the stories and see all of the movies and TV shows where people struggle with walking in heels for the first time. I don't recall ever feeling like it was a struggle, or feeling awkward in them.

tammygirl79
06-13-2010, 03:25 PM
My first time trying heels was when I was a teenager. I sneaked into my moms closet when my parents went out one night and tried them on. I was hooked after that, I have loved heels ever since! I guess I was lucky because I never had a problem walking in heels....I took to them like a duck in water ever since the first time I tried a pair of my moms on for the first time.

emilygielen
06-13-2010, 03:33 PM
my first experience was like most of you when I tried the one my mother have... I think I was something like 12-13... I was almost the same size than her!!!

The first pair that I bought is a white 3-inch-heels scandal... I wanted something nice to match a prom dress that I bought the same day... It was last year!
And since then I bought 2 pairs of very high heel boots...

This one that I love to wear with a cheerleader uniform or other clothes

http://cgi.befr.ebay.be/Fetisch-DOMINA-Plateau-High-Heels-Lack-Stiefel-Weiss-42-/290439149141?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Kleidung_Accessoires_Schuhe_Damenschuhe&hash=item439f85b655#ht_3135wt_1137

and these ballet boots that I wear less because is simply impossible to walk with:

http://cgi.befr.ebay.be/Ballet-Overknee-High-Heels-Fetisch-Lack-Stiefel-ROT-42-/290439152202?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Kleidung_Accessoires_Schuhe_Damenschuhe&hash=item439f85c24a

this ebay store has lots of boot men size and bidding are cheap... I got the ballet boots for 30 EUR = 37 USD and the white boots for 28,50 EUR = 35 USD + shipping fees !

Stacye Rose
06-13-2010, 03:57 PM
I was 15 and my older sister had moved away from home and left some of her things in the closet of what had been her room. Among those things was a pair of white mary janes with about a 2 1/2 inch heels. Fortunately I am blessed with small feet. I was able to wear those shoes for about 2 years. I also got my first dress, hose, and wig out of the things she left behind. To this day my sister knows nothing about my crossdressing. The only time I was ever caught by my mother was while wearing those white mary janes I "inherited" from my sisters closet. :o

kimmigir1
06-13-2010, 04:26 PM
i was about 11 when i had my first experiance, my mother had a nice pair of 1-1.5" heels and i wore every chance i got, then sadly one day she went through her old shoes and went to throw out the old ones, that pair was among them, well naturally i offered to take out the trash, and needless to say, they were gone in her eyes, and i stashed them in my room :). i have my own how though :tongueout and i love them, but they slide around when my foots in them thats the only problem, i need to buy some with ankle straps and then ill be good :)

AriannaH
06-13-2010, 04:58 PM
My first time in heels was early teens. I would put on a pair of my moms heels and wear them at home while she was at work. Now I own several pair of 4 and 5 inch heels. I love wearing heels.

Audrey34
06-13-2010, 05:05 PM
The first pair of heels I wore was a pair of my sister's "wedgie" shoes. This was in the early 1970's and I was around 14-15. I bought my first pair of black high heels (2-3 inch heel height) when I was in my early 20s. It took some trial and error (and buying several pairs) before finding my correct shoe size. Now I own several pairs of plain pumps (3 in heel), and several pair of open toe pumps and a couple pair of slingbacks!
-Audrey

FemmeElastique
06-13-2010, 05:24 PM
I was 25 when I bought my first pair and tried them on. It was in preparation of a fetish party I was going to. Good thing Ebay exists because my shoe size in mens is 12-13.

Kayla Shadows
06-13-2010, 05:31 PM
I was very very young.I wanted to be the girl that I unfortunately wasnt,trying to walk around my mothers room in heels that were way way too big for me :heehee: My first actual experience of any length in heels was walking in NYC.I just like to throw myself into things i guess." I have no idea how to walk in these, lets go out" :heehee: Whats the worst thing that could happen,somebody sees I dont know how to walk in them yet and laughs.Oh well,so what.There are a lot of firsts we make for ourselves and they are not always gonna be perfect.They may not be perfect the first few times or more to get it even halfway right.Its just the way it is.Some only wish they could be as courageous.Let them laugh.Just dont forget to laugh too :)

BRANDYJ
06-13-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm not sure when the high heels came in to play. But as far as I know, it was after I came out to my past wife (died in 1984) and my cross dressing expanded from a very hit and miss thing. I told her before we married. The first person I ever told about my dressing.

Jaclyn NM
06-13-2010, 05:48 PM
All I know, is that I loved high heels the first tim e I remember seeing them, and I have ever since. I used to wear my mother's every chance I got, but then my feet got too big, and I thiught I would never experience that wonderful feeling again. But I was wrong, because I now am the proud owner of about a dozen pair of 6 inch stiletto pumps, which I wear daily. Today I'm wearing my white patent six inch stilettos. I simply love high heels!

bridget jones
06-13-2010, 05:56 PM
I wore my mothers heels. I really felt comfortable and at ease. I love wearing heels.

Michaela42
06-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Well, the very first pair of actual high heels I wore were my Mother's; but there was also the occasional treats of her borrowing a pair from one of her sister's or the neighbor lady up the road. Most of the time I would only get the chance to try them on and maybe walk around the house for a few minutes.

When I was in my early teens I would stay at my Aunt's house during the summer while Mom and Dad were at work. She had an old porch that was enclosed and was full of her daughter's (three of them) old clothes and shoes, along with other junk. I would spend hours out on that porch "cleaning-up" and all the while I would be wearing some forgotten pair of my cousin's or Aunt's high heels. Looking back she had to have known but she never said anything to me about it. Oh, to be a teenager again with small feet :daydreaming:

dennisGTS
06-13-2010, 06:34 PM
My first experience with heels was when I was around 21yrs old. I was waiting at a girl friends (just friend) house to go out to a club with some other friends (who hadn't arrived at her house yet). She was trying to decide which pair of heels to wear and had quite a few of them on the living room floor. As a joke, I put a pair of them on in front of her and pranced around the room and got a huge laugh out of her. Not only was it the first time I had worn heels, they were too small for my feet so it was very difficult to walk in them; but it was fun!

Diane Smith
06-13-2010, 06:52 PM
When I was five years old, I attended a preschool program that was held in the basement of a local church. Among the other toys, they had two "dress-up" areas for the kids to use, one for boys and one for girls, with cast-off grown-up clothing I presume was donated by the parents. This being 1962 or so, the boys were strictly prohibited from entering the girls' area, and vice-versa.

I got it into my little head that this was terribly unfair, and convinced two or three of my buddies in the class to help me stage a "raid" of the girls' clothing area. We barged in as a group and, I remember, I headed straight for the high-heeled shoes. I got a pair on and, I think, took a step or two in them before one of the teachers broke up our little "party."

The other guys, by the way, were no help at all. They ran at the first sideways look from the adults, leaving me alone in there with the shoes and dresses.

I don't remember anything about the shoes except that they were black and a little too large for me. I couldn't walk at all well in them.

This is my first clear memory of doing anything crossdressing-related on my own initiative. The teachers must have been fairly gentle with us, as the punishment, whatever it was, didn't discourage me from raiding my mother's closets and drawers for many years to come.

When I was 12, my mom took me to a department store downtown and helped me pick out my first pair of "real" heels of my very own -- they were Naturalizer navy-blue pumps with a 2-3/4" heel, size 8-1/2. I wore those around the house quite a bit until I outgrew them (which didn't take too long at that age).

- Diane

Cait
06-13-2010, 06:53 PM
I remember trying on a couple of my mums pairs when I was young (maybe 7 or 8) but don't remember being particularly excited by it. However, by the time I was 13-14 at any opportunity I would be slipping on a pair of my sisters and tottering round the house in them.

donninacd
06-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Mine's R-rated, just a warning up front.

A couple of years I started going to a notorious motel hoping for my first gay sex encounter in over 10 years. There was an adult novelty shop out on the street in front that sold stripper shoes and amazingly even some in my size, 14. Just couldn't resist and have been hooked ever since.

Maria in heels
06-13-2010, 09:36 PM
My first times that I can remember was sneaking into my stepmother's closet and going thru several pairs, until I found these wonderful, thick heel patent round toe with a platform pumps (I can still picture them in my head) and used to wear them just about every chance that I could. I also wore them with one of my sisters in the house..she would take a pair too, and we would go downstairs, and just do the normal everyday things, except I was in those favorite pair of shoes! I am stil looking till this day for a pair just like what I remember..maybe sometime I will find them again....

AlisonRenee
06-13-2010, 11:02 PM
My first experience with heels - mom's, probably about 6 or so, with the neighborhood girls. We were all wearing Mom's heels, or trying to. Mom wasn't much for stilettos so we had a fair chance of staying upright. We just clomped around in them and had fun. I always fit in better with the girls anyway.

Jennifer_Cross
06-13-2010, 11:21 PM
LOL... My first time was aged 50... SO said "you'll never walk in those..."

Guess what? Was Soooo easy (she hates it)

Jen

Leslie Langford
06-14-2010, 12:13 AM
I don't recall the first time that I thought about them, but the first time I wore them, I was about 9 and home alone. By the way, in my case, home alone means 20 miles from a small town in the Mojave desert and 2 miles from the nearest neighbor. My mom had two pair of boots with three inch heels that were identical except one pair was red and one was black. I remember zipping them up, and with my heart pounding, heading out of the cabin to walk up the isolated dirt road that was the only route to our home.
It's funny, you hear all of the stories and see all of the movies and TV shows where people struggle with walking in heels for the first time. I don't recall ever feeling like it was a struggle, or feeling awkward in them.

...as a charter member of that group that feels they were born to wear high heels, since it seems to have come so naturally to us. And yes, many of us also worship at the altar of Tina Turner. As those good ol' Texas boys ZZTop used to put it - "She's got legs, and she really knows how to use them". Now there was a lady who was born to strut in "killer" stilettos if ever there was one :thumbsup::eek::D!

Blaire
06-14-2010, 04:14 AM
I also didn't have any access to anything, or had the desire to get my own until a party. I found some 3" black pumps in the Sears catalogue that were my size, and went off in fancy dress.

Managed to stay in them all night, much of it on a dancefloor. I don't remember having any problems, even the next day. But then, a 3" heel in a size 11's not really all that high. I think my work boots aren't much lower than that.

Jenniferpl
06-14-2010, 04:37 AM
Nothing until in my thrity's. Wore a pair of 3 inch heels one night while fooling around with the wifey and have been hooked ever since.

donninacd
06-14-2010, 06:38 AM
LOL... My first time was aged 50... SO said "you'll never walk in those..."

Guess what? Was Soooo easy (she hates it)

Jen

Its easy for me too and I didn't start until 45. I think its cause I have strong legs from bicycling.

sometimes_miss
06-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Always had big feet, tried my sister's shoes on when I was about 10 (my feet were essentially the same size as my age in years) and couldn't walk in them at all. I didn't have another chance until more than 30 years later, when I found shoes that I'm pretty sure are marketed only to crossdressers.

ellenwannabe
06-14-2010, 08:34 AM
I don't remember the first time but I've always loved to walk in at least a 3 inch heel and wear them as often as I can - Ellen

kimdl93
06-14-2010, 01:26 PM
I guess it would be a pair of calf skin Tony Lamas with Spanish heels. They were tough to walk in, but great for ridn'

brassieres
06-15-2010, 05:17 AM
When I was about 9, my mothers friend had these leather winter boots. I asked to wear them and they said yes! I wore them while sitting down until company came over. I was bummed!

mscatie85
06-15-2010, 05:48 AM
My first time in heels was when I was about 6 - 7 years old. Me and my younger sister would go into our parent's closet and try on their oversized shoes. I would always gravitate to my mom's 3 in heels until one day when I went into the closet and the heels were gone. I think my mom had enough of watching me parade in women's things and hoped that by denying that piece of clothing i would stop. Little did she know that almost 20 years later, my first pair of heels look exactly like the ones i use to where as a child.

Anneliese
06-15-2010, 08:09 AM
As early as I can remember I wore my mother's shoes, including heels, when the mood struck me. Nobody seemed to have a problem with it.

As an adult, probably not until around 2003, when I got into my first serious dressing mode. I currently have several pairs, including some stripper heels. They're a little scary to walk in, but DAMN they're hot.

Jennifer in CO
06-15-2010, 08:16 AM
14...white GoGo boots w/2+-" heel. As Kimberly and Leslie said, I don't remember having ANY trouble with them

Jenn

ringedjohn
06-15-2010, 08:46 AM
I was an adult before I discovered the joys of high heels - and other women's shoes. At one stage I owned a number of pairs of flat fem shoes and wore them quite openly. Never had a comment. Now, unfortunately, I have no women's shoes at all as my circumstances have changed.

Loni
06-15-2010, 08:10 PM
for me it was a pair of my sisters boots the heels were only like 2in or so, the cloth inside was so silky.
i must of only been 8 -9 then. alas she through them in the garbage one day. for a reason i probably should not say here. :eek:

if only i could remember all the firsts.:daydreaming: been so long ago.
if only i could have done then 1/2 of what i do today.

jeannanj
06-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Must have been 12 or so. Tried on a pair of my Mom's sandals. Just stood there, could barely move lol. Next day Mom is on the phone with her sister asking if she was going through her things when she wasn't home. oops

lianatcharles
06-16-2010, 09:14 AM
I bought my first pair as soon as I moved into my own apartment for the first time when i was 19.. Hot pink d'orsay pumps, 4 inch heel. It was liberating when I put them on :)

Sad to say I no longer have those...

SophiaGirl
06-16-2010, 09:18 AM
My early 20's. Was in the Army at the time. When with a platoon buddy to the club. He also wore heels!

kellgrl66
06-16-2010, 10:03 AM
Dont actually remember the first time but do remember the first time I purchased a pair. I was 20 and walked into a payless shoe store and found a large variety in size 9. I went in dressed en femme and no one seemed to notice a thing. I found a lovelly pair of three inch heels that I adored and found that walking in them was easy and natural. After purchasing them at the desk I put them on and put my flats in the bag. I so enjoyed walking the whole afternoon around the mall visiting every shop. They felt divine and knew then this was the beginning of a wonderful experince

pernille d
06-16-2010, 10:11 AM
i was in my mid to late 30,s before i managed to get hold of some heels as i do have big feet . So its only bee recently that ther has been a market for bigger shoes + i have also really wanted then so found them .

now i have many years of collecting o catch up on as i know alot of you girls have more pairs tahn you care to mention .

AKAMichelle
06-16-2010, 10:15 AM
That would have to be sneaking into my mom's closet and walking around the house when she was gone.

charlie
06-16-2010, 01:22 PM
I never tried high heels until three years ago (age 56). I went to the Goodwill store and bought the biggest heels there. They were a black 4" heel, size ten. I needed an eleven. So I cut the toe and wrapped the cut away part with shiny electrical tape to make a new toe area. I then wore those heels for the next few hours. Down the block, around the house, in front of the mirror....etc. Next morning I screwed up my courage and bought a pair of red strappy sandals and a pair of black heels at the local Payless. I still have them today.

Alice Torn
06-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Not until i was 51, and found some on Snaz75It was wow, at first sight, and try on. They were size 17 black patent 4" pumps. They stretched a lot, and now i have size 16!

suchacutie
06-16-2010, 02:30 PM
wow...was I ever later than all of you! Mine was the first time I ever dressed, age 55. It was for my wife and they were black 6" platforms. I still think it's much easier to learn to walk in heels with very high platforms as they offer you no alternative but to do it right!! :)

tina

RADER
06-16-2010, 02:59 PM
After my first divorce, I tried to get a pair of heals. The only thing I could
get to remotely fit was a 3" high open toe sling with no back. I was trying
to put a 14 x-wide foot into a 12 wide shoe. I extended the straps so I
could fasten them to my oversize foot. I fell a few times, then when the
heal broke as I twisted my ankle, Out they went. I would love to try some
short heals, but as I am 6' 3" now, If I put on some heals I would hit the
top of the door frames. LOL The curse of being a big guy.:o Rader

smoothbikini
06-16-2010, 03:42 PM
i was about nineteen and i squeezed into my girlfriends heels while she was out...

susanCD123
06-16-2010, 07:04 PM
I was also in my late 40s, bought a pair of 5 inch heels on line. I was so excite when they arrived. My calves hurt a bit, but walking was natural, and I love the way I wiggle a bit when I walk. I still have them! Heels are so very exciting! They are the icing on the cake if you ask me.

JC
06-16-2010, 07:59 PM
i found that Payless had shoes that fit me at age 55. i ried them on in the store. i told the clerk that i was going to dress. her comment was - i hope that you can walk in those. they were 4 inch heels.

until then i could not find anything to fit.

Elsa von Spielburg
06-16-2010, 08:03 PM
Just a little more than a year and a half ago, I got my own cheap pair for a RHPS costume. Call me a late bloomer: that was really what struck a chord with me and opened the floodgates to my crossdressing.

KimmyLove
06-16-2010, 08:12 PM
I was also 19 when I first moved into my apartment. I bought 5" stilettos that i wore out on halloween. SO much fun

alleycat2009
06-16-2010, 08:35 PM
First time my feet hurt like hell.

mykhelee
06-16-2010, 08:50 PM
My first time in heels was when I was living with a gal who liked to see me dressed up...her opinion was as long as I was shaved and made up I should learn to walk in heels.:)

We purchased a pair of 4" Red Cross black strappy sandals...I was hooked:devil:

I am still a bit of a "shoe wh**e", I still like to hit a good sale, Mossimo from Target tend to fit perfectly in a size 10...

just waiting for Autumn.

Peace

NathalieX66
06-16-2010, 10:29 PM
it was back in '77, and I was 11, and my mom had the grooviest strappy wedge platform heels with a hole in the wedge, and I just had to try those on with sheer stockings. The whole visual aspect of those things caught my imagination right away. :c9:

Karen564
06-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Hmmm, Gotta think about this one...:thinking:

Think I was about when I was 7 ...and used to raid my moms closet.. that would be in 1967-68, but who knows, it very could be earlier than that...:o

Shes always been a shoeaholic & had her closet filled with dressy high heels of racks & in boxes..this was back when my feet were small, because she wears a sz 6-1/2, and still remember those shoes being way too big ....at that time....

Only wish that was still the case today...:weep:

So yes, I have lots of experience wearing heels, over 40 continuous
years worth....

:battingeyelashes:

faltenrock
06-17-2010, 06:14 AM
it just felt perfect, when I bought my first heels when I was about 18. I actually never had a problem wearing pumps with 3" heels. I don't like to wear other shoes and low heel shoes.

Jill50
06-17-2010, 11:38 PM
Loved watching girls walk in their shoes, so at 13 bought my first pair of slingbacks..low heel but so exciting to wear! Now I could walk like they did