PDA

View Full Version : Almost a funny story

Magickman
06-13-2010, 03:08 PM
This almost a funny story. You can judge that for yourself.

I had been e-mailing with a woman from the Internet. We set up a meeting at a ballroom dance party.

So that she could recognize me, I told her that I would be wearing a short skirt, black tights, and high heels.

We found each other at the ballroom, and she had brought her girlfriend, as well.

She looked me up and down, and said, "I'm shocked. I didn't believe you would really dress like that. I thought you were kidding."

I danced quite a bit with her, and with her girfriend, too.

But she couldn't get over it, that her date was the man in a skirt. Several times, she asked me why I was dressed, "like that." and she repeated that she was, "in shock."

Sometimes, if I don't tell a date I will be dressed, they are perturbed. OK.

But I told this one just how I would be dressed, and she disregarded what I said.

As it turned out, her girlfriend was the much better dancer.

Such is life.

NV Susan
06-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Hi, might be a funny story now but I'm sure it wasn't a fun situation for you at the time. From what I can tell many of these Internet relationships don't turn out that well, hope you have better luck next time...:)

Kelly DeWinter
06-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Funny yes ! She had a chance at probably the most honest person she has ever met online and she blew it ! So you have my curiosity, and I know others will want to know.

1. Did you get a second date ?
2. Did her friend want a first date ?
3. How often have you dated like this ?
4. What have the other reponses been like ?
and
5. What do you do when you and your date wear the same outfit ?

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly

sissystephanie
06-13-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm with Kelly! This definitely needs a followup!!

RADER
06-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Yes; What happens next! Chapter 2 Please. Rader

Magickman
06-13-2010, 06:28 PM
I don't see a second date as being likely. She was pretty much in shock.

I would go for her taller friend, anyway.

But my date, as it was revealed, turned out to be the younger sister of retired NASCAR stock car racer. And I forgot to ask her to say hi to him, for me.

My Internet dates haven't been excessively enthusiastic for my dressing style. I think most of them wanted someone much more drab.

To pull off this sort of thing, requires lots of confidence. You have to be secure in your personal style.

When a date blows me off, and stalks out, I just look for another one. You can't take rejection personally.

My dates nerver, ever, wear the same outfit as I do, because I shop casual younger styles, and date mostly women in their fifties.

Most of the fifty-something women aren't ready for the man in a mini skirt and skyscraper heels.

Maybe I need to try younger women.

Kelly DeWinter
06-14-2010, 09:25 PM
I do have to admire your courage and open honesty, if the world of statistics and mathmatic is accurate, then at some point you will run into your perfect date.

kimdl93
06-15-2010, 09:04 AM
I admire your guts.

docrobbysherry
06-15-2010, 10:00 AM
Yours turned out better than most of mine, Magick, and I go in drab!:sad:

U mite try 40 something women. Many of them r coming out of long marriages and aren't as set in their ways as the ones who've been dating for awhile.:straightface:

Sarah_GG
06-15-2010, 10:22 AM
Well... I think it's good that you're being true to yourself. I applaud you for that. And for being honest up front before you meet your date. And I'm sure the law of averages dictates that you'll eventually meet someone who you do hit it off with!

However... had you actually had a discussion about your transness before you met? I don't think a younger GG would necessarily be more open to that sort of scenario either. But, it depends on the venue, the type of person etc. Unless she'd had the right sort of understanding and you'd already clicked and found common ground she might've thought you were just another internet dating weirdo!

Perhaps your outfit was suitable for the venue, but if I, as a similarly mature GG, was meeting someone for a first date I'd give careful consideration to the message I'd be sending out by my outfit. If you'd gone for something more outrageous... maybe sort of burlesque-esque you might have had the shock as well as the added allure?

Good luck!