PDA

View Full Version : Is a Crossdresser Ever Satisfied?

Danielle Gee
06-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Hi All:

I was just putting away some freshly laundered clothing and a thought just struck!!! I have more skirts, dresses, blouses, tops , and lingerie than most GGs. This for a CDer that never ventures past his own back garden. My female side of my closet is literally “eating” my male side.

But that doesn’t stop me from pouring through every woman’s clothing catalog in the post each day (and there is always 3 or more). For instance, I have more nightgowns than there are days in the week, but did that stop me from spending $40 on a new set of Baby Dolls last week...NO WAY!!!

On the flip side, I threw a fit (not really) last week @ JC Penney’s last week when my wife insisted I buy 8 new men’s T-shirts @ $9 ea. I thought that was way too much for a mere T-shirt. She smiled and said “Didn’t you spend $95 on a new wig last month?”

No wonder my Sweetie looks at me funny sometimes!!!

I realize I’m (probably) not alone in this, but I’d love to hear others experience in this!!

Have a great Week!!
Danielle:love:

ReneeT
06-13-2010, 06:58 PM
i couldnt agree more! my wife cajoled me into buying some new tighty whities - i went for the cheapo's. but i'll drop $50 on a bra, and i don't even have real boobs! The last pair of guy shoes i bought was over a yr ago - i bought 3 pairs of girl shoes this week!

Sheila
06-13-2010, 07:01 PM
I have to buy Mr Debs his clothes and then they are bought sparingly, but Debs get at least 2 things weekly ............ go figure :brolleyes: but she does look good in em I gotta give her that :):daydreaming:

ColleenW
06-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Yes, it's really hard when you see something that looks so cute not to buy it. I don't know if I'll ever be satisfied:D

SummerJ
06-13-2010, 07:03 PM
hehe, I just got back from a trip to Hong Kong and I can honestly say that I spent 10 times as much on female clothes than male.

Basically at one point during the trip I had gathered enough courage to ask my gf if she would help me go shopping and she was super ok with it, so I kinda went crazy... actually, I think I spent considerably more money than she did on clothes :D

Christina Horton
06-13-2010, 07:09 PM
The only thing I buy for my drab side in the last 10 years have been sneakers and I get them @ Wall-mart for 16$ per pair. The drab clothes I get are at Christmas and that's it.

Oh I did but a t-shirt that had on it "Save a hoarse ride a Cowgirl" Last year , so.......I'll be satisfied when I have Evey outfit on earth.

erika130
06-13-2010, 07:16 PM
You really are on something here. While my girl closet is not as extensive at all, it would be if it wasn't for the $$ situation. The interesting thing here is that this does not apply to my male clothes. It's almost like I don't even want to think about buying guy clothes, and see it almost as a waste of $, but anything girly or feminine clothes is no problem :D

minalost
06-13-2010, 08:47 PM
I realize I’m (probably) not alone in this, but I’d love to hear others experience in this!

Danielle, I would be amazed if every CD on this forum didn't "suffer" from this "problem :D!"

i'll drop $50 on a bra, and i don't even have real boobs!

Too funny! Me too.
:hugs:

sherib
06-13-2010, 08:54 PM
I don't have a lot of womens clothes, but I will buy a skirt before I buy a male shirt. My wife gets so pissed off when I go outside a bring her dress catalogs back from the trash. I stopped getting the catalogs addressed to me when my grand daughter asked me" why are all these womens clothes catalog addressed to you grandpa".

Nicole Erin
06-13-2010, 08:56 PM
buying men's clothes bites. Buying "tidy whities" sucks worse than having to purchase new car tires. Spending money on "tidy whities" is the suck of all sucks. Unless it is one of our FTM brothers, those guys probably don't mind it a bit.

Women love to shop.

And with christina saying she will be satisfied when she has every outfit in the world, THAT'S THE SPIRIT! :thumbsup:

Hey umm, about people being satisfied or not -
Has a drunkard ever had enough booze?
Has Joan Rivers ever had enough plastic surgery?
Has my SL avatar ever had enough hairpieces?
Has a smoker like myself ever had enough nicotine?
Has Microsoft ever been satisfied with how many stupid ideas they come up with (vista being the crown)
Has a micro-managing boss ever had enough to bitch about?
Has Willy Nelson ever had enough herb?

One is too many but a 1000 is not enough.

sissystephanie
06-13-2010, 08:58 PM
I have way more girl clothes than I do for my male self. And most of them are newer! But even though I certainly don't pass without a lot of work, I am out in public every day as a male Stephanie. Dressed totally feminine, but looking like the man I am! And I do buy feminine things when I see something I must have!! Isn' that what girls do?

Monica M
06-13-2010, 09:16 PM
You really are on something here. While my girl closet is not as extensive at all, it would be if it wasn't for the $$ situation. The interesting thing here is that this does not apply to my male clothes. It's almost like I don't even want to think about buying guy clothes, and see it almost as a waste of $, but anything girly or feminine clothes is no problem :D

I agree...buying guy clothes is really a drag...mine are years old and I hate buying new ones.

AriannaH
06-13-2010, 09:19 PM
When I find a new pair of high heels in my size I'm not satisfied til I own a pair. A girl never has enough shoes.

Rogina B
06-13-2010, 09:32 PM
Our spending is good for the economy! We are good!!!:)

joann07
06-13-2010, 10:01 PM
I keep telling myself to stop shopping because I have way more girl clothes than guy clothes. But when I see a GG wearing something that catches my eye, I just get the urge to go out and get it. :heehee:
It's addicting. :eek:

Hugs!

Karinsamatha
06-13-2010, 10:17 PM
I hate to have to buy male clothes, but will not hesitate to by a new leather coat for 160.00 :) - been looking for a replacement for the one I riped last winter :sad:. I had to buy drab pants for work 16.00 for something that fits like a potato sack - I was not happy at all about it.
So yes I feel the same way. The women gets what she wants! :D

irmichelle
06-13-2010, 10:28 PM
I have to go every two years for my drivers physical because I have a class 1 and I am over 50. Egads!! No underwear......eh well............No mens underwear. Had to run to Walmart.

Megan70
06-13-2010, 10:29 PM
First let me start by complimenting you on your most recent avatar. It looks terrific and is very complimentary to your face, especially the shorter wig. Go Girl.
As you your open ended question the answer from me is a huge resounding NO... we're never satisfied. I've never really had a venue to have the chance to wear particular style of dress or outfit. I go to philharmonic concerts 6 to 9 times a year and its my ONLY chance to dress to the nines and look pretty with jewelry, makeup heels and dress.
we get all dressed up with no place to go?[/I]

I don't know Danielle, its the nature of the beast , our inherent "must have" selfishness that typifies so many of us, that there is never enough.:doh:

This is why when one purges or gives it up and swears off he/ she always... and i mean always returns to it. Its part of our CD addiction that we cannot shake, but don't know why or how it exist.:straightface:
But I, like you have way to many and I went nuts this past fall spending a lot on outfits at Fashion Bug and Dress barn that I've only worn once. I will swear off buying anymore for a year or more. That I can do, because truly know I have more than I ever need, I'll bet many of us are like this. Good thought provoking question,
Take care there girl friend.... and looking good.:)
Megan

Pantyhose Queen
06-13-2010, 10:36 PM
I really think we were way more satisfied before the internet, because we really didn't have any idea of the amount of stuff that is out there just waiting to be bought!!!

Christina Horton
06-13-2010, 11:29 PM
My Mom complains that I have spent over the past few years so much money on my Fem-side that it more then she's spent on herself in years and years. LOL.

docrobbysherry
06-14-2010, 12:36 AM
Would make even the ditsiest blond dizzy!:brolleyes:

Good thing I don't have an SO!:devil:

faltenrock
06-14-2010, 02:57 AM
I agree, I've bought too many clothes. I have about 40 skirts, of which I just sold 7 on ebay, I'll sell some more - but at the same time I buy some more as well. It seems like I can't get enough.

Joanne f
06-14-2010, 04:24 AM
The wanting or need to buy can become as much and sometimes more of a obsession than the dressing it`s self .

Deborah Jane
06-14-2010, 05:11 AM
In answer to the OP....Satisfied?...Yes :)

Have enough clothes?....No way, all the time I can squeeze another item of femme clothing into the house, I will :daydreaming:

In Answer to Nicole's quiz.....

Has a drunkard ever had enough booze?.....Nearly :drink:
Has Joan Rivers ever had enough plastic surgery?......Nope, there is still a small section under her left armpit untouched by plastic surgery
Has my SL avatar ever had enough hairpieces?....How many options do you have remaining?
Has a smoker like myself ever had enough nicotine? ....Unlikely
Has Microsoft ever been satisfied with how many stupid ideas they come up with (vista being the crown)....No way, there are still plenty more yet
Has a micro-managing boss ever had enough to bitch about?....Yes, but that won't stop him/her bitching
Has Willy Nelson ever had enough herb?....Not while it's still being grown

Tasha McIntyre
06-14-2010, 05:21 AM
Is a Crossdresser Ever Satisfied?

This one is :daydreaming:

I don't have a great lot of femme gear, but my wife often comments on how I love to shop whilst dressed, but it's like pulling teeth getting me to buy a guy T shirt.

Anyway, I'm satisfied with what I got, and having the freedom to wear it out and about.

Tash :)

Sarah_GG
06-14-2010, 05:25 AM
Excellent question... and one many of us would like to know the answer to!

Like Sheila I had to cajole my SO into buying a couple of new t shirts at the weekend. It was a 3 for 2 offer at Gap which meant each t shirt cost just £5.

In the post on Saturday arrived three new (or should I say three more) babydoll nighties with out even the bat of an eyelash.

I don't think a crossdresser can ever be satisfied! :D

BRANDYJ
06-14-2010, 05:37 AM
I guess I'm different. In these times of a bad economy, I don't spent money on new clothes. I make do with what I have. Sure, when I have extra money, I might buy something special. But for now, my spending is just to survive this down turned economy. I save y money to buy a plane ticket to see my SO.

But thinking about it, even in better times, I was very frugal with spending money on my fem side.

Anneliese
06-14-2010, 05:45 AM
I am addicted, even though 98% of what I buy is used AND on half-price day (there are several I go to regularly) I was paying down my credit cards, and had damned near wiped what I owed out, but now I'm going back up a little. I.must.stop. (or at least slow down). Must.set.limits.and.stick.to.them.

Margot
06-14-2010, 06:38 AM
I don't think I'll ever be satisfied. Like others I hate wasting money on male clothing now. I was out with my wife the other day I she insisted I buy 3 new golf shirts. She knew I hated to do it.
The week before she mentioned we need to stop buying new femme clothes for a while. Yet the other day I saw a nice top in Winners and my wife asked if I wanted to buy it right away. I said I would hold off for a while. We live alone in a 3 bedrrom home and all the closets are full of mostly feminine clothing. I have no male underwear now and few good shirts or pants.
My other male clothing is used for yardwork.
Oh well time to buy more shoes and accessories I guess:heehee:
:hugs:
Margot

sometimes_miss
06-14-2010, 08:39 AM
It took me many years to acquire the female clothes that I really wanted; my size made it especially difficult. But yes, right now, I'm satisfied. At this point, I'm just keeping track of replacement outfits should I damage something I own. Of course, since there are lots of pretty shoes that I would love to own (but they simply never made them in a 16 EE) I always keep an eye out for that, just in case some manufacturer decides to make some. So just in case there's a shoe maker out there, I'd really like some flat or nearly flat regular Mary Janes in a guy's size 16EE. Black, white, red or pink. Any will do. But I'll buy all of them if you make them. Please??

AKAMichelle
06-14-2010, 09:52 AM
We do spend a lot of money on our female wardrobe. That's why I believe in putting them to good use and wearing them outside the front door. That way I can justify spending the money.

I know what you mean by owning so many clothes. At one point I had enough clothes to wear for 4 weeks without wearing anything twice. I have since purged a little to prepare for more shopping.

pj
06-14-2010, 10:04 AM
buying guy clothes is really a drag...So to speak. ;)

Raquelle C
06-14-2010, 11:23 AM
I think a similar question came up in the past, but my answer is almost the same as it was before...

Regardless if in male or female mode I am very fashion conscious & like to dress in up to date quality fashion trends. That being said, I have some nice designer clothes as a guy & about a dozen or more pairs of shoes. As a guy I buy new clothes every few months, although it's not as exciting as buying girl clothes!! What's different than before is that I definately shop for girl stuff more often now, I end up spending more money on it & it's more exciting to shop for of course. Guy stuff is rather boring in comparison with the endless array of clothes, shoes & accessories that can be had as a woman! Crazy to take a step back & look at it that way, but it's so true... My female wardrobe is approaching the size of my guy closet, although I try not to buy something unless I love it & will wear it out multiple times. On that note, I have over 20+ pairs of girl shoes, most that I have only worn out once or twice. Oah, the wonder of being a woman... :heehee: :D

Nope, never satisfied. Much like most other females, lol! Can never have enough.....

Sarah Doepner
06-14-2010, 11:38 AM
I seem to believe I'm satisfied until I get near a store. Then all bets are off. Fortunately I have enough now that I'm getting pretty selective about what I am willing to buy. At one time if it fit, there was a chance I would take it home. Now it not only has to fit but it needs to fill an empty place in my wardrobe (not a physical place, the darn closet is packed). The same thing goes for makeup. I'm pretty happy with what I have so I'm either replacing something or looking for a bargin that will let me try something new.

I guess I've managed to reach the stage where window shopping is great sport and not a challenge to my limited budget. Whewwww.