PDA

View Full Version : Week 9... questions from our GG's

Di
06-14-2010, 12:56 AM
Once again questions from our fantastic GG's. Thank you all that
take the time to answer....it is much appreciated.:hugs:If any of you would like to answer anonymously, please feel free to PM your answers to one of the FAB mods and we'll be happy to post your answers in this thread.

Week 9

25) Would you go into a relationship with the sole reason that she is accepting of the CDing?

26) How do you explain the amount of time you spend on the computer viewing this forum?

27) Do you think your SO really suspects nothing, or is she keeping quiet in order to keep the peace?

GBNatarii
06-14-2010, 01:03 AM
25: Obviously not. I'd start being in a relationship with a person because of physical attractiveness, personality, interests, etc. Accepting of the CD'ing is just icing on the cake for me.

26: I explain it by the fact that I've learned a bit about who I am from visiting the site. It's helped a tiny bit on putting into words what exactly I'm looking to do and stuffs.

27: Honestly, I can't tell with my invisible girlfriend. Occasionally she brings it up, and demands that I dress up so she can have "girlfriends" to hang out with. Other times she's quiet, and I just know that now I should be acting like a man.

Joanne f
06-14-2010, 03:13 AM
Week 9

25) Would you go into a relationship with the sole reason that she is accepting of the CDing?

No as there is far more to a relationship than just CDing (in my opinion)

26) How do you explain the amount of time you spend on the computer viewing this forum?
It does cause a problem some times and i cannot really explain why i spend to much time on here .

27) Do you think your SO really suspects nothing, or is she keeping quiet in order to keep the peace?
N/A as she knows all.

Blaire
06-14-2010, 03:40 AM
25 - Didn't this get asked already? Her being completely accepting would be a great reason for me to compromise a lot better on things she wanted, sure. But we'd never get there without the everything else.

26 - I don't spend inordinate amounts of time on this forum - no more than any other computer time I spend. We each have our "me" time, I spend some of it here.

27 - N/A for me, but I'll be willing to bet that more than a few know something's up... but not what it is.

eluuzion
06-14-2010, 03:42 AM
I do not have a SO, but I will assume you will let me answer anyway, cause you fell sorry for me being all alone...:heehee:

25. No, no more than I would be attracted by wealth or beauty. Both are just a point in time. But, I wouldn't mind living next door.:o

26. If I had to explain my actions to my SO, I would be discussing the issue until it was resolved with my SO. I do not explain or justify my actions to anyone, unless I have a boss, which I do not. I let my actions determine my character in the eyes of others. If a partner has a problem, it is a responsibility of both parties to resolve it jointly, regardless of the size.

27. Any person involved in a relationship for any length of time with a partner, that thinks they are fooling their SO, is only deceiving themselves. Any marriage counselor will tell you that if you suspect a spouse is "cheating"...90% of the time you are right. It is that 6th sense aura that inhabits a partnership...

Neither one of the two scenarios you offered would lead to anything productive, for sure. That which you choose to ignore will eventually push you out the door.

KimberlyG
06-14-2010, 04:07 AM
Would you go into a relationship with the sole reason that she is accepting of the CDing? No!

How do you explain the amount of time you spend on the computer viewing this forum? I don't spend more than two hours a week. Sometimes I comment to her about the goings on here.

Do you think your SO really suspects nothing, or is she keeping quiet in order to keep the peace? She know everything.

Deborah Jane
06-14-2010, 04:54 AM

No way!!
If that was the only reason to enter a relationship, there wouldn't be a relationship!!

Easy, she's on here at the same time :D

She knows it all, it's hard to hide the fact I'm a C/Der when we met on a C/D forum.

sometimes_miss
06-14-2010, 08:03 AM

At this point, maybe. I guess it's because I'm desperate for someone that I can be myself with, who knows how difficult it is for me to have to spend every waking moment as a guy whenever I'm not at home.

I don't spend much time here. Maybe 20 minutes or so every few days.

When I had a wife, she didn't seem to want to make waves, especially since our therapist was pro CD. Of course, that changed when ex wife decided she couldn't live with a guy who had as much female as male personality. She really wanted a 'all male' man, and never was able to accept me as I am.

AKAMichelle
06-14-2010, 08:17 AM

Never. There would have to be chemistry there before I would tell her about cd'ing. Therefore, this topic would never come up before dating. Unless she was someone from the community and it would still involve chemistry.

When I first joined I would get on here about 3-4 times a week for about 15 minutes. Now I am on there 7 days a week up to 30 minutes per day. I am here more now because I am heading into a divorce and recently started a meetup group in Denver. I remember how hard it was to meet others when I first came out and that's why I setup the group so we can find small groups all along the front range. This step makes it probably a little harder for me to find an accepting GF but I would rather hold out for one special person that 100 close seconds.

When I finally did tell my wife she made it abundantly clear that she was keeping it quiet to keep the peace. I think that would have to be true of the rest of the GG's in the world. I think that is what bothers me the most. How do you get the person to tell you how they truly feel about certain things if the tendency is to try and keep the peace all of the time?

kimdl93
06-14-2010, 08:27 AM

No, that would be a disservice to both parties.

No one is monitoring my computer use.

In my case, there's nothing to suspect - I'm fully open with her about my dressing.

BRANDYJ
06-14-2010, 09:13 AM
Week 9...

Once again questions from our fantastic GG's.

No I would not. There has to be an attraction long before my ever thinking about her acceptance of my crossdressing. To me it's like asking me if her accepting of my golfing, singing, or fishing would make me go into a relationship with her.

Right now, we live 1,200 miles apart, so my time is mine unless we call each other. But when we lived together, I kept my computer time to a minimum and focused on her wants and needs. It never was or will be an issue.

My SO is fully aware, accepting and my dressing has never been an issue. She knew long before we met face to face. So i guess a 'N/A' is in order.

minalost
06-14-2010, 09:25 AM

Hmmm. Didn't this one get asked already? And, no, that would be dumb.

When I first joined it was like 2 hours a day! Now it's more like I check in once or twice a day, maybe 15 or 20 min. each, and that's it. It's no more time than I spend on any other computer activity. And besides, I usually do it from my personal computer in my office, so no one knows how much time I spend here anyway.

My SO knows. We don't talk about it as kind of a "don't ask, don't tell" policy.
:hugs:

LeeBe
06-14-2010, 09:32 AM

No. Of course at the time I was falling in love with my love, I really thought that the desire to crossdress would fade away once we were married. Anyone care to take a guess on how that worked out??!!:D

I really don't spend an unusual amount of time here, just keep up with the current things.

While my bride is aware of my dressing I don't believe she knows how deeply involved I am in it. She might be the inventor of the don't ask don't tell policy. I can't believe that she doesn't see some of clothes I have bought over the years.

joandher
06-14-2010, 09:39 AM

not a chance, it wouldnt be a true relationship

its my free time

my S/o knows i fully underdress 24/7,and have done for 7 yrs ,washers and irons my undies and seems accepting so far

Rachel05
06-14-2010, 10:33 AM
25) Would you go into a relationship with the sole reason that she is accepting of the CDing? - Not a chance, as someone else said, it would be the icing on the cake but not the cake for me

26) How do you explain the amount of time you spend on the computer viewing this forum? - My way of enhancing the person I am by shared experience and the fact that my wife will not share with me and help me

27) Do you think your SO really suspects nothing, or is she keeping quiet in order to keep the peace? - For years I was absolutely certain that I was as careful as careful could be, ultra careful and when my wife "did find out", she tells me she had known for years and just kept quiet, so not as careful as I thought, there's me thinking she had just found me out!!!

stacey.eyes
06-14-2010, 10:39 AM
25) No, that's not enough to build a relationship on.

26) S.O. doesn't know how much time I'm on here. We both have our own computer time, and we don't see a need to pry.

27) She knows I dress and we talk about it sometimes. She's tolerant, but not really accepting or enthusiastic.

Sarah Doepner
06-14-2010, 10:45 AM

No. I don't expect to ever get in another relationship either, so this is hard for me to even think about.

I can't explain the amount of time I spend on the computer to myself. It's not just this forum but the news, 3 email accounts, facebook, hobby photo sites, other entertainment and just about anything else to avoid doing yardwork or cleaning the garage.

She knows and keeps quiet on my cding because it's less of a problem than me being a general slacker and getting the yardwork done or the garage clean. Honest. Take this computer from my lap, please!

sandra-leigh
06-14-2010, 11:28 AM
What is the difference between Q25 and Week 6's
"16) Would you go into a serious relationship for the sole reason she is accepting?"

I see that #25 adds "of your CDing", but is that considered to be a significant difference?

25) My answer is still No.

26) No explanations have been requested in the 3+ years she has known; I read the forum openly.

27) Suspects what? My SO has gone to my meetings with me.

Sarah_GG
06-14-2010, 11:38 AM
I know I'm not supposed to contribute anything here, but regarding repetition of questions, it's a similar thing on the 'ask a GG' thread.

Sometimes similar questions will come up again and again because they may be asked by different people who're not satisfied (or didn't read) the earlier questions. Or in the context of different questions accompanying them.

I don't think any of us should take repeated questions personally! It's all about sharing information and gives the poster the opportunity to phrase things differently or enlarge on their original response (or not as the case may be).

When questions do come up more than once, then it's obviously a question that GGs want an answer to and may not have received a satisfactory answer to already?

:)

SherriePall
06-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Well, Di, here goes my answers:
1. Would I enter into a relationship based on the sole reason that she is accepting of my CDing?
No. I have often thought about that and I know there are too many other reasons to enter into a relationship. I just know that I couldn't do it.

2. How do I explain the amount of time I spend on the computer viewing this forum?
I really don't spend that much time any more since I have been working. I don't spend all day and, therefore, there are no questions asked. My wife did ask me once what I was doing prior to her entering the room and I told her that I was on a forum. So, I think she knows (I often wonder if she blocks out some of my CDing activities because she has asked a couple of times about different things),

3. Do you really think your SO suspects nothing or is merely keeping quiet to keep the peace?
Whoa! My wife keep quiet to keep the peace. Get real. She knows I CD because I told her 10 + years ago and because she has seen most of my things and washes my lingerie and anything else I need washed. She just doesn't want to see me! BTW, I try to keep my CDing at the bottom of the list of things to do, but I do require some time.

Lorileah
06-14-2010, 11:58 AM

No, there are other criteria also.

My compulsive behavior and the fact I like a few people here. Now if I had to explain why to a SO, that would sort of make some of the criteria from above null and void and there would not be a relationship any longer. I don't expect my SO to explain why they do something (well unless it is really stupid like trying to fix the garbage disposal while it is running) and they should not have to know why I do things. I have never been one for someone to try and keep my under their thumb.

There is nothing to suspect. Anyone who I am involved with will know and if it is an issue we can discuss how it is an issue and try and resolve it or we move on

Jenny Green
06-14-2010, 02:40 PM
-- Absolutely not. The person-to-person relationship (that special spark of Love!) has to be there, and has to be Numero Uno.

-- I don't. It's my secret, my time. I limit myself to jumping on here just a couple of times a day during a break. 2 minutes to go for this break! :-)

-- 10 yrs ago she found a little bag of clothes. Just one outfit. I fessed up that it was mine (hard conversation!) and her reaction told me that without a doubt the best thing was to limit/control the damage, so I just told her that it was a passing phase due probably to an on-going lack of physical contact and that it was probably kicked into gear by a recent trip where I'd accompanied her to a store where she bought new clothes and undies. We've moved twice since then, so I know she believes for absolute certain that I have no fem clothes at all, because where would I hide them? Well, I do have them but now keep them off-site and completely unattached to my name in any way. I never dress at home or anywhere I can possibly be caught any longer. It would be cool if, in the time following her finding some of my clothes, if she would have invited me to maybe tag along when she was lingerie shopping or made any suggestion that she considered CDing in any way fun, but no, and I am comfortable with keeping it private. I dislike the lie, but it's not worth the risk of uprooting our 29 years of marriage. Okay, that was more than 2 minutes. Back to work! :-)

aggi123
06-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Once again questions from our fantastic GG's. Thank you all that
take the time to answer....it is much appreciated.:hugs:If any of you would like to answer anonymously, please feel free to PM your answers to one of the FAB mods and we'll be happy to post your answers in this thread.

Week 9

Yes I would! I fully intend on giving full disclosure next time I meet someone whom I am interesting in asking out.

I play world of warcraft, so time spent viewing this forum is very small in comparison lol

If I had a significant other, I'm sure she would be suspicious.

sometimes_miss
06-14-2010, 04:52 PM
When questions do come up more than once, then it's obviously a question that GGs want an answer to and may not have received a satisfactory answer to already?
I think it's also a result of all the closed threads; sure, we can search, but it only turns up discussions that we can no longer respond to, and sometimes we just want to let our feelings be known, at least to someone, anyone.

bredalee25
06-14-2010, 06:33 PM
# 25 in a word NO

#26Why would I have to explain for doing something I enjoy doing.

#27 My wife knows I dress

charlie
06-14-2010, 07:32 PM

No, a relationship requires trust, love and sharing.

I really do not spend that much time. When I do spend time on it though, I suggest to my wife that she read it too. She hates CD.

When my wife did not know she did not really suspect that I was CD. She did think it odd that a straight man would be interested in fashion magazines, Runway, and going to a fashion show.

melissacd
06-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Great questions,

To me a relationship is about accepting who you are period. If you are honest about who you are and that person rejects that then you move on regardless of whether the issues are CD or otherwise. So I would not go into a relationship because she accepts CDing, but rather I would go in to a relationship if she accepts me just as I am and does not want to change me to be something else.

She knows that this is a place that I like to go, she accepts that as a part of who I am and what is of interest to me.

Since I told her right near the beginning there is nothing to suspect, she knows all about my cross dressing and sees me cross dressed all the time.

Rachel Morley
06-14-2010, 07:49 PM
No. I never gone into any relationship just to have a partner .... even one who was accepting. Acceptance is nice but it wouldn't dictate how I felt about the perosn on a romantic level.

What is there to "explain"? I come here usually once a day in the evening, read a few threads and maybe post a couple of times. The time I spend on here is minimal and is my own business.

Not applicable to me. My wife is not only accepting and supportive but she enthusiastically participates in the fun! :tongueout

JulieK1980
06-14-2010, 08:04 PM

No, need a whole lot more than just that. Although, I wouldn't go into a relationship with someone who wasn't accepting either..

She knows all I do, and I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

Definitely not applicable.

Renee_E
06-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Week 9

That's not enough to base a relationship on. It is a side benefit.

I don't and I don't make my SO account for her computer time on line.

My wife knows.

Taylor186
06-14-2010, 08:47 PM
25) It would be nice to have this component in a relationship, but it's not enough to sustain a relationship.

26) We don't track each others on-line time. I spend way more time on my blog than I do viewing/writing on any CD/TG forum and she knows all about that.

27) She fully aware of every time I dress. Nothing is hidden, though it's not a topic she wants to spend hours dwelling on.

Andrea Reynolds
06-14-2010, 09:03 PM
25. No. A relationship must be based on far more.
26. I spend very little time here (Always busy with house stuff or scooter stuff).
27. She knows, and is barely tolerant lately.

jeannanj
06-14-2010, 09:09 PM
That would certainly gain my interest but could never be enough to enter a relationship.

26) How do you explain the amount of time you spend on the computer viewing this forum? We each have our own pc time so no need to explain

27) Do you think your SO really suspects nothing, or is she keeping quiet in order to keep the peace? That is something I have often thought about. There was a time I would wear her things on occassion almost as if I was looking to get caught, but my SO, typically, isn't one to "keep the peace" :)

msniki48
06-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Week 9

I believe i answered one like this already...no i would not[ for the sole reason]
but i would not start a relationship if she wasn't accepting either.

I tell my wife about some of the posts that are interesting. 27)

Do you think your SO really suspects nothing, or is she keeping quiet in order to keep the peace?

Since karen knows and supports me.. i don't think this is applicable to me.

:hugs:

Lexine
06-14-2010, 10:18 PM

Not the sole reason, but one of or rather its one of the big ones. As explained in another thread, I feel that some problems related to CDing has something to do with feelings of inadequacy in the partner's part or some self-esteem issue. I'm quite rigid with my standards.

I view the forums while at work to pass the time or at home while browsing the web. It doesn't interfere with any personal time with me and my girlfriend or friends.

N/A since she knew from day 0 that I CD'd.

Sarahwithanh11
06-14-2010, 10:39 PM
25) Nope. It would be a small consideration at best.

26) Not really an issue - we don't watch each other that closely and I really don't spend that much time here (or even online).

27) She knows but doesn't want to see it, so we have three rules that have worked pretty well: not around here, not with anyone else (in person) and absolutely positively not around the wife!

Chickhe
06-14-2010, 11:09 PM
There would have to be other reasons, but not respecting other people (CDer or not) is a deal breaker for me. The time is not an issue since I do it on my own time, not instead of other things. She might be scared to hear the answer so she doesn't ask...I'm scared to answer because it might change her perception.

suchacutie
06-21-2010, 11:21 PM

No, my feminine self would have to be understood as being a part of me, and any relationship has to be multifacetted, so no one issue could override the rest.

I don't spend a lot of time here, and I will often bring up issues from this forum for my wife and I to discuss, or to get her opinion.

My wife is completely involved in Tina, and our exploration of my feminine self.

Tina

AmiFL
06-21-2010, 11:32 PM

No, there are much better reasons to go into or stay in a relationship, but acceptance would make it that much more fun for both parties.

Late at night my DW is sound asleep and during the day she leaves the house before I do.

She knows about my desire, does not approve at all and throws it in my face all the time when we argue. Even outed me to my teenage son in a fit of rage.

Jonique Patricia
06-22-2010, 02:14 AM
Week 9

With what I am experiencing now, yes, I would favor that more than anything else. I would also make compromises that are relevant to the relationship but then isn't that what a relationship is--compromising so both can grow together and be on.

I work shift so I have time in the morning to go online and read and no answer. At his moment, if she were to know what I have posted she would start the aggressions again and I don't need that, had more than enough.

Until she read my diary, stupid me for leaving it out, no she didn't. But it would have eventually come out and would have been far worse then it is now.

JP

NatalieBliss
06-22-2010, 03:06 AM
25) Nope. While it most defiantly a requirement, it is not first.

26) Well I have no one to explain it too. While I do visit this site nearly every day it is not the one I spend the most time on. That honor(?) goes to Facebook or Twitter depending on my mood that day.

27) N/A. However, I dated one girl who found out after we dated, I told her. She was taken completely by surprise. I am NOT proud of this, just answering the question.

RozalynLove
06-27-2010, 12:57 PM

This is very similar to question sixteen, although since it's no longer asking about a serious relationship, I'd say yes. I wouldn't allow myself to be come emotionally attached to someone solely because of their acceptance of my cross dressing, but I would have a purely sexual relationship with them for that reason alone, provided I was attracted to their physical appearance.

I don't.

I don't have a SO, but if I did, they'd know about my cross dressing.

Sallee
06-27-2010, 01:02 PM
5) Would you go into a relationship with the sole reason that she is accepting of the CDing? Simple NO but it wouldbe a part of the reason for the relationship

26) How do you explain the amount of time you spend on the computer viewing this forum? probably to much I guess it is up ther ewith face book Maybe 15 to 30 min per day total

27) Do you think your SO really suspects nothing, or is she keeping quiet in order to keep the peace? No she know I dress although is not accepting she has been in the past It is kind of like don't ask don't tell But I don't dress a lot and I try to keep it in perspective

Raychel
06-27-2010, 01:34 PM

I am married and have no plans for a change in relationships. But if I found myself in a place where I had to do it again. I would definitly not go into it for the sole reason that she accepted this side of me. There would have to be a true friendship there first, She would definitlky have to be accepting, But that surely would not be the only reason.

I guess it is an outlet for this side of me. Maybe if my family were more accepting then I could dress when I wanted and the computer time would decline.

She knows everything and is keeping quite toi keep the peace also. :sad:

flatlander_48
06-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Week 9

No. That would be similar to entering into a relationship based on sex alone.

Doesn't come up.

No, she knows about 98%

kayegirl
06-27-2010, 02:21 PM
25 No
26 There's only me and my dog, so I don't need to make any excuses
27 I have a very close GG friend, although she wouldn't describe herself as my SO, but I think that she has a good idea about my CDing, and is just waiting for me to confirm her suspicions.

JainaCarpaccio
06-27-2010, 04:30 PM

{strong explicative} NO! While I would like my SO to be accepting of the CDing, I want more in a relationship than acceptance for what a lot of people consider wrong behavior.

More to the point, while I may bring it up early on in future relationships to keep either of us from burning out too much energy on something that won't work, I'd put more energy into trying to understand who my partner really is, and what her desires are.

I don't. I access from my local library so my family won't find out, and I'm not currently in a relationship.

I don't think my ex was aware. I never brought it up around her, and we lived quite a bit of distance from each other.

Kaz
06-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Great questions... but there is an assumption that we've all experienced the previous questions... and if we haven't it will put your stats askew. I appreciate what you are trying to do, but this is already looking suspect from a methodological point of view?

My answers to this would only make sense if I had answered others....

I don't know what you will do with the data, but this is not a good research design...

I would like to help! I can! :hugs:

RozalynLove
06-27-2010, 06:50 PM
I assumed that this information would be used to help wives who are confused over the issues it deals with by it being on a public forum that they could read and learn the general response to some of their questions from, as well as getting an insight into cross dressing men by reading what is effectively a very personal story in question form. I did not think that the 'data' would be chopped up into categories to be presented as percentages and pie charts or something equally as impersonal and generalized.

Michaela42
06-27-2010, 07:14 PM
25. No, end of story.

26. I really do not spend that much time here, maybe a half an hour to 45 minutes a day, broken up through the day.

27. I have no SO, but I am living with family. Do they suspect about my cross dressing? My Mother knows but I have never told my Father, so, yes and not really?