PDA

View Full Version : Painted nails

alice clair
06-14-2010, 06:06 AM
I was just wondering how many of us paint our nails on a regular basis. I keep my toes polished all the time in red or bright pink depending on my mood at the time. I had a heart attack 2 years ago and flat lined at the hospital, but while laying there before i blacked out i argued with the nurse to leave my socks on. When i came to one of the nurses told me my nails looked better than hers. I wasn't embarassed at all like i expected to be , i was actually proud of them being painted. Just one of those things that can happen when you are cding. Thank you for letting me share this.

Michelle

Joanne f
06-14-2010, 06:43 AM
I have mine painted most of the time , only take it off my finger nails when i have made a mess of them doing some dirty work like yesterday mending my daughters car so they are looking shabby now :heehee:.
( i hope you are over your heart attack and well now.)

Mandy
06-14-2010, 06:46 AM
I have my toenails painted with Rimmell "Ruby Me" & love it, this has the Lycra substance in It last's really well.

Hope you are well :hugs:

Marcia Blue
06-14-2010, 07:24 AM
I keep my toes polished 90% of the time. Usually a bright color. I Feel more at ease, when I can at least have fem toes.

Lisalove1976
06-14-2010, 07:59 AM
My wife just painted my toes yesterday.... for her "it's just nail polish" for me it meant alot more than that....

ColleenW
06-14-2010, 10:53 AM
My toe nails are always polished, usually french but some times other colors, I prefer purples and lavenders. I generally have my finger nails polished as well with clear or matte.:battingeyelashes:

rickibarr
06-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Black toe nails all the time for over two years; fingernails either clear or a slight tint or neutral color.

Megan Thomas
06-14-2010, 10:57 AM
I try to keep my finger nails polished most of the time, if only with a clear/strengthening coat. Toe nails are another story. Sadly my toe nails are weird and painting them just looks awful, so I never bother.

Kim_Bitzflick
06-14-2010, 10:59 AM
I have my toe nails painted most of the time. Last summer my family went to several amusement parks and I proudly showed my toes while wearing my sandals. My kids were a little embarrased by it, but they got over it.

Sarah Doepner
06-14-2010, 11:24 AM
It's summer and I wear sandals all the time in guy mode. Since I'm not out to anyone in the family other than my wife, I'm left to keep them nicely trimmed and maybe with a matte finish while I wait for shoe and sock weather to return. Then it's time for pretty toes again, but for now my dogs need the air!

ColleenW
06-14-2010, 02:10 PM
It's summer and I wear sandals all the time in guy mode. Since I'm not out to anyone in the family other than my wife, I'm left to keep them nicely trimmed and maybe with a matte finish while I wait for shoe and sock weather to return. Then it's time for pretty toes again, but for now my dogs need the air!

Hi Sarah

Have you tried a subtle French? That's what I wear in the summer time with sandals and no one seems to notice:)

karen68
06-14-2010, 02:17 PM
I have mine painted all the time various colours from bright red through greens to black.:)

Alice B
06-14-2010, 04:46 PM
It is a rare day that my toe nails are not painted and my fingers are always polished. Color selection based upon my mood and my wife accepts any color I choose.

rachael j.
06-14-2010, 05:09 PM
I have acrylic nails, currently OPI Pompeii purple. Have had acrylics for over 5 years now. Usually change color about every other fill. I allways have my toes painted so they look good in peep toe heels. I just love the look of my nails!

Teresa Ann
06-14-2010, 05:10 PM
I will be honest in the summer I keep my nails clear but when I don't wear sandals I will have my toes painted Pink or Red or what ever floats my boat that day. Teresa

alice clair
06-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Thank you all for your concern. My health has improved and i work out more and lift small weights so i am doing better. I am going to go do my toes tonight.I would love to have a pedicure and have them paint my toes for me, that would be exciting. Have a fem day.

Michelle

Vicki-Z
06-14-2010, 06:25 PM
I have my toes painted almost all the time I prefer baby pink or sometimes passionate red. I think my feet look very feminine in baby pink, that's why I prefer it. Most of the time I paint my fingernails in a clear polish so that it's not as noticable. However it does makes them shinier than normal and I'm sure any woman that looks close enough would notice. :heehee:

Unfortunately I will switch to clear polish also for my toes for the summer just so there won't be any embaressing moments for my wife if I walk around barefoot.

Vicki :hugs:

kaitlin
06-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Hey Girl, Sorry to hear about your MI, glad your doing well! My toes are painted 24/7/365 mostly in reds and they always match my wifes and most of the time my daughters too!!

Patty
06-14-2010, 07:05 PM
I have my toes are painted about 360 days a year. I wear sandals most of the time. I have acrylic nails with clear and they are past the ends of my fingers.

kymmieLorain
06-14-2010, 07:15 PM
I usually keep my fingernails in a clear pink, and always have my toenails painted. I enjoy my painted toes.

Kymmie

Diane Smith
06-14-2010, 10:56 PM
My toenails are painted all the time, and my fingernails are always very long, and mostly polished on the weekends. In 2001, like you, I entered the hospital with chest pains through the ER and wound up spending nine days recovering from open-heart surgery. Several of the nurses loved my nails and one in particular gave me constant compliments, compared colors with me a couple of times and in general went out of her way to let me know she approved. I was, frankly, too sick to actually care a whole lot, but the attention was genuine and it made me feel better.

- Diane

AmandaM
06-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Clear flat or matte on the fingers won't be noticed.

Jamie001
06-15-2010, 12:09 AM
I live in Southern California and whenever I am not at work my perfectly pedicured bright red toenails are on display in women's open toe sandals for everyone to see. I wear women's sandals and red toenail polish in drab mode.

Loni
06-15-2010, 12:33 AM
my toes are a bright red right now, and i keep my fingers painted at all times with a sheer pink and a top coat of clear.

i have only received one complement in a year. nobody pays my fingers any thought. just look well groomed.

sometimes_miss
06-15-2010, 01:59 AM
Deep in the closet, I rarely paint my nails. Don't even go shopping for cosmetics; I only buy online, and nail laquer is something I'd probably want to be able to pick the color in person.

Charleen
06-15-2010, 07:27 AM
Toe nails bright red 24/7 and Sally Hansen Biege Blast on my long finger nails also 24/7.

June Laine
06-15-2010, 08:11 AM
Recently I have strated painting my toe nails again and the wifelike them, last I changed over to bright pink for a change. Just love looking down and seeing my bright painted nails.....:)

joan47
06-15-2010, 10:22 AM
I have long acrylic nails, they are gelled so they stay shinny between fills, my toe nails are now painted pink for summer, I wear sandles when I can, I don't really care what people think.
Actually I just got a pair of great new starp sandles at Payless shoe store. the girl there has ordered many more siz e 13's and I have spread the word to our local TV group.

kimdl93
06-15-2010, 12:01 PM
I paint my toes regularly, but not my finger nails. Although I dress at home 24/7 I do occassionally venture out in public for work & recreation. I'm not "out" publically, so I don't do my fingernails.

Joanie_Shakti
06-15-2010, 09:45 PM
I've been wearing clear polish with hologram flakes in it on my toes for about a year. It really sparkles in the light. Two months ago, I decided to get them "frenched" (white tips) during a pedicure. Went back a few weeks ago and had them do that again. During the last mani/pedi, I let the girl put clear on my fingernails too. It wore off, so I put new polish (without the sparkles) on them at home.

Polish doesn't stay on my fingernails long and my polish is a little shinier than what they used at the salon. The worst part though, is when the brand I have at home flakes off, it sometimes leaves a long, obvious peel hanging offthe nail. :o

I'm going to visit a GG friend in California in about a month. She's the one who introduced me to pedicures and I hope we can get another together while I'm there. I told her about the french toes and she thought that was great. I'll probably have it done then too as I really like the look.

I wear flip flops in guy mode away from work and I don't know if anyone's noticed my toenails or not. I realized after making plans for the trip that I have a doctor appointment the next week. I've decided that I will leave the polish on if it's new. Besides, she's already felt my shaved legs in examination. And it can't be more embarassing than the time I shaved my pubes without thinking I had an upcoming appointment, only to have her check my groin on that one. (That was before the shaved legs, now the hair pattern is reversed. :D )

sissystephanie
06-15-2010, 09:54 PM
I get a manicure/pedicure every two weeks, and have been doing so for years. My toes are always some bright color, usually a shade of red but not always, and my fingers are always a shade of pink. Of course the finger nails are a little longer than what men usually have, and they are shaped like most womens. I get compliments on my nails all the time. And my doctors (4 of them, 1 female) always have to look at my toes to see what color I am wearing!!

t-girlxsophie
06-16-2010, 12:25 AM
Well my toe nails are painted 24/7,and If im spending most of the day dressed I wear it on my fingernails,just helps finish my feminine look,but dont half go through a lot of it.Have started wearing clear Polish to work now as well

Yvonne York
06-16-2010, 05:47 AM
Don't do it often, but I love it when I do. I try to match with my clothes - my latest was a deep red gloss to match my beautiful satin red ball gown. Girls tell me I am an expert on nails!