PDA

View Full Version : Schools out for summer

Jessica S
06-16-2010, 08:31 AM
I work from home and had the opportunity to dress while the kids where at school. Today is their last day and for the summer I will have to keep it to under dressing. I go to 11:40am to enjoy my last moments fully dressed. At least until I go away on business.

Does anyone else have their dressing interrupted by summer vacation?

Carissa
06-16-2010, 09:04 AM
You might want to count your blessings. If you were a father when I was a kid, you would have had to pack up your things 2 or 3 weeks earlier!

As much as it sucks for you, I feel more sorry for the kids who are in class until mid-June and return in mid-August. It just doesn't seem right to me. You will get to be yourself that much earlier, though. So you've got something to look forward to.

Sarah Doepner
06-16-2010, 09:25 AM
It's not kids out for summer that keeps me en drab but the summer travel season. We have several trips planned and none of them include opportunities to dress and get out, even though we are going to fun places, the schedule is set.

Oh well, when we return home it's almost like finding a new wardrobe waiting for me. Good luck to all who curtail some aspect of their dressing for the summer, whether its kids, travel, not shaving legs or whatever. Enjoy the sun, Dr. Oz says the vitamin D is good for you.

KayleeDahl
06-16-2010, 09:36 AM
You'll have to plan more business trips! :)

Hugs
Kaylee

karennjcd
06-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Yeah mine graduates next week. And now my CD fun is limited to when I sleep. Bright side, I'll miss my kid but he goes off to college in the fall so I will no longer be worrying about when he comes home from school every day.

Karen

Bootsiegalore
06-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Mine are out but know about me so I am dressed today! YAY! Rachel

kimdl93
06-16-2010, 04:11 PM
mine are grown, but one is coming back to live at home for a few months while she gets her finances back in order (don't ask). so, my dressing will be curtailed a bit when she's around.

Karen564
06-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Hmmm, Why does Alice Cooper come to mind....:D

Thanks, now I cant get that melody outta my head ..

kayegirl
06-16-2010, 04:26 PM
No the summer vacation will not stop me dressing, in fact for two or three weeks, I will be away from home, and intend to spend the whole time en femme, I can't wait for the end of term in July.

ChaCha
06-16-2010, 07:06 PM
i'm in the same boat. My kids are home for the summer and the only chance i had to dress was on Fridays. I work 4- 10 hr days so Friday was my off day. I guess I'll have to settle just for the bedtime dressing.

Jessica S
06-16-2010, 07:41 PM
My wife says she will be taking them to the zoo and over friends house, so there may be some time I can have to indulge.

cd_ellen32
06-16-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm in the same boat as well. Our daughter's year ends next Wednesday. Then 10 weeks of nothing for me.

Ellen

tammygirl79
06-16-2010, 09:49 PM
I feel your pain, that's for sure! I am a single parent, My daughters last day of school was last week so I have been reduced to under dressing now for a week allready. The good news is that in about a week and a half, my daughter will be visiting her mother out of town for 2 1/2 weeks.....so I will be able to dress again :)

SummerJ
06-16-2010, 10:54 PM
hehe, I am the kid home for summer

but ya, during the year, I live in student housing and I have 1-3 room/suite mates and during the summer I live at home with my family... but for the week in between before I start work and while my sister is still in school and my parents are at work I get some wonderful me time

daviolin
06-16-2010, 11:01 PM
This is going to be my best summer ever. I will be home alone this summer. The wife is going to Colorado for the whole summer. And my kids are all out of the house. My family knows of Daviolin but its much easier when I'm alone. I can really be myself. :2c:

docrobbysherry
06-17-2010, 12:08 AM
Use the off time to YOUR ADVANTAGE!:)

Even tho my daughter's out in 10 days, I look forward to summer! She'll be with my ex for several weeks at a time. So, I'll have LONGER dressing opportunities than usual!:D

However, I STILL take nearly a MONTH OFF FROM ALL THINGS CD every summer. :sad:
To PROVE to myself I can do it, and to catch up on all my misc. chores!:doh:
U should SEE my house, yard, and car!:sad:

Uh, NO! U SHOULDN'T!:eek:

Angiemead12
06-17-2010, 12:20 AM
Im lucky my son stays with his mom!

Jessica S
06-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Don't get me wrong. I love summer, being up north in Michigan, on Lake Michigan. Hanging out with my sons and the wife. It is diffenitly a fun time. But I will miss the alone time at work that made the job less stressful.

NYCphotographer
06-17-2010, 10:50 PM
I guess your only alternative now is having small hotel "vacations" ;)

Leslie Langford
06-18-2010, 12:07 AM
...the lack of privacy because of kids being out of school for the summer - mine are grown up, married, and out of the house - but when do I then stop shaving my entire body and let the "fur" grow back for shorts, bathing trunks, and short sleeves weather?

I'm a new convert to epilation going back several months, and because whatever hair grows back is barely visible due to it being so fine now and rather sparse anyway, I'm actually considering continuing doing this epilation over the summer months. Otherwise, the contrast between "before" and "after" might potentially be too stark.

Besides, whoever might have noticed the absence of hair on my arms, legs, and chest over the last while would already have done so, and made a comment or two about it. Since this hasn't happened yet, I can only assume that it is a moot point now, and there should be no reason not to remain hairless for the foreseeable future.

dominique
06-18-2010, 04:21 AM
My oldest finished in May and youngest finishes next week until they're both back mid August. Oldest to college youngest starting high school. So opportunity to indulge very rescricted. Although oldest getting her hair cut today for her prom. So got 2hours on my own so chance to do some dressing.

t-girlxsophie
06-18-2010, 01:15 PM
My two stepsons know about Sophie,and are totally comfortable with it infact they see her more than they see me in drab,Still hopefully if we get nice weather 4 a change,will be spending more days out,and that will be the only difference