PDA

View Full Version : Is it a sign??? LOL

Marissa
06-17-2010, 12:09 AM
So i'm going through a job change as I made a return to my old office to finish some cleaning out.. and a female coworker says "wow..did you pierce your ears?"

okay, i was taken aback as I wasn't sure what she was talking about..

So i asked why she said that.. "cuz it looked like you did"

I replied "oh your talking about this scar on my left ear, that is from a scratch..so no, my ears are not pierced"

Her "oh, it looked like it"

"so what I guess its okay if i did get them done?"

Her " well most at 'your age' that change jobs or something usually do crazy things"

Hmmmm " well guess i can do it now since you make it okay to do it"

Anyway, Is this a sign since I was planning on doing it tomorrow anyway, as I have about a few weeks or so before I change careers and let things heal a bit..

Has anyone had "a thought" come to reality based on others bringing it up?

sorry if the question is confusing, i just wanted to share my story since its humorous, but think the stars are aligning..

Hugs,

Karen564
06-17-2010, 12:14 AM
She's just phsycic...and read your mind...so no biggy..:o

Good luck tomorrow !.:)

Marissa
06-17-2010, 12:22 AM
Maybe physic.. who knows..then again, i have complimented on her makeup before.. not like most men that say "you look lovely".. i say "you look lovely and that is a nice shade of foundation, that gives you color and brings out your highlights"

hmmm is that TMI..?????

find myself doing that nowadays.. can't just oogle a woman..have to compliment and maybe over do it which may leave a few going..hmmmm???? :eek:

anyway.. thanks for the feedback..

Hugs,

Karen564
06-17-2010, 01:24 AM
Yup.... a compliment with that kind of detail...they are definitely going Hmmmm..:thinking:

Which is perfectly fine, since it adds a mystery about you, leaving them wanting to know more & that could work out in your favor..;)

:hugs:

AKAMichelle
06-17-2010, 08:17 AM
People call it a mid life crisis. They give it a bad stigma, but why. Mid Life is a time to reflect on what you have and haven't done. To alter the course some to bring your life back into balance.

Get the earrings and make it a non-issue. Why do people have to make it such a big deal? I had mine pierced 2 years ago and my wife and mom didn't like it. But this is who I am and I'm not backing down.

Marissa
06-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Yes Michelle, it could be a midlife crisis thing.. but then again, most of it is since I have been dressing for almost two years, I would have done it sooner. Just didn't want to 'freak' out the kids at work or family. So now is the time..and like you said.."this is who I am"..:heehee:

Hugs,

Cristi
06-17-2010, 11:39 AM
I think what you will find once you get it done would be the exact opposite of what you may expect... no reaction at ALL.

I had mine pierced and wore studs or small rings EVERY DAY for two years before a co-worker did a double take one day and asked 'Did you get your ears pierced'

"Yes" I said "TWO YEARS AGO!"

This is not an isolated incident, I've had more than a few people notice years after it happened, despite the fact that I wear what I consider fairly obvious earrings every day.

So, at least in the area I live in (and with a very conservative suit and tie job) the reaction is 70% don't notice, 29.9% don't care. I've never been made aware of that extra .1% that may care and not say anything, but I really don't think their opinion of what I do with my own body matters enough to even think about.

Marissa
06-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Well Cristi guess I'll find out since...

I DID IT !!!!!!!!!! whooo hoooo.. :D:thumbsup:

Almost backed out since the first place was too busy..so went another place and got it done.. course what I initially wanted sort of changed. Instead of semi hidden studs.. now I have small silver hoops (not closed).. :eek:

my daughters were with me so they were my support but also the evil ones trying to get me to try colorful ones.. :eek:

maybe next time some nice purple hoops.. :daydreaming:

see how things go and keeping fingers cross that i can take care of them to prevent infection.

took a bit of thinking on what am i going to be doing for next two weeks that would raise an issue.. nothing on my calender.. see how it goes..

Hugs,

NathalieX66
06-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Pierced ears are so mainstream now that I don't think many people pay attention.
I wore hoops in both ears every day at my previous job but now I've switched companies and moved up the corporate ladder, and now I have to look the part. It was funny when my comany president asked me if I peirced my ears, and I had no intention of saying no, particularly when my company has junior guys wearing studs in both ears.

Stephenie S
06-18-2010, 06:02 AM
Cristi is right. This is SUCH a non-issue. Yawn.

Marissa
06-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Ok Stephenie, didn't mean to put you in a sleep mode.. :sad:

yes, i agree that its 'mainstream' now for guys to have both ears pierced.. but its mostly the younger generation doing it.

and add to the fact that i'm an individual who has walked on the line, never stepping off of it.. so it is something that those around me will notice and question..

I'm sure there are others who have felt this way or feel this way... so to us..its not a simple thing.. much less, yawn about it..

We all have our views and I do respect that.. some can put on a dress and walk outside without blinking an eye..while others of us have to think about the consequences..

eitherway, i'm glad i took the step finally and I have my que cards to answer the questions that i know will come from friends and coworkers... strangers could care less.. maybe that is where the response fits..

hugs,

Billijo49504
06-18-2010, 09:47 AM
I'm 63 and got mine done last year. Now I have birth stone studs. Wife says they are too big. About 3/16" dia. Go for it, make your self happy. You deserve it. If anyone says anything, tell them that a lot of your friends gave you permission:2c:...BJ

carolinoakland
06-18-2010, 10:07 AM
There are NO coincidence's.

rocketscientist
06-18-2010, 11:01 AM
I already had 1 ear holed when I was 17. Much later when I took my dressing to another level I was so angry and disappointed at the mostly crappy selection of clip ons available and so longed for those awesome dangly ones. So fed up, one day I sterilized a straight pin and pierced my other ear myself! It hurt a bit for sure, but it was sooo worth it! I was dressed when I did it too. I remember trying not to drip blood on my cute top while admiring my "handywork" in the mirror.lol. Hugs, Tonya

Andy66
06-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Congratulations, Marissa. A word of caution: I was told last time I had my ears pierced (I have 2 pairs) that a person should wait six weeks for them to heal up before taking the original earrings out. So if you take them out all day for work, in two weeks, it could be difficult and painful putting them back in. Lucky for you, earrings are acceptable for men now. :)

Marissa
06-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Thank you all for the comments.. even though this is a thread I started, I"m sure others will learn from it and maybe gather the courage to take the step.. :daydreaming:

I already had 1 ear holed when I was 17. Much later when I took my dressing to another level I was so angry and disappointed at the mostly crappy selection of clip ons available and so longed for those awesome dangly ones. So fed up, one day I sterilized a straight pin and pierced my other ear myself! It hurt a bit for sure, but it was sooo worth it! I was dressed when I did it too. I remember trying not to drip blood on my cute top while admiring my "handywork" in the mirror.lol. Hugs, Tonya

Wow, Tonya..doing your own handywork.. sounds painful but I am glad to see it worked out for ya and you were able to enjoy more prettier dangling earrings.. totally understand the clip-on issues.. actually that was the reason for the comments from a coworker.. last time I wore the clips, it bruised me and left a scar.. :sad:

I used the converters to modify regular earrings to clip-ons so i was able to have nicer ones but still the pain of clip-ons. Soon to be a thing of the past :D

Congratulations, Marissa. A word of caution: I was told last time I had my ears pierced (I have 2 pairs) that a person should wait six weeks for them to heal up before taking the original earrings out. So if you take them out all day for work, in two weeks, it could be difficult and painful putting them back in. Lucky for you, earrings are acceptable for men now. :)

Anne, thank you for the word of caution.. I'm hoping things heal up quickly but I will take it slow.. my intention is to change out for plastic clear studs or something of that nature in two or three weeks. I went with the hoops so they could be easier to move about during the healing process and easier for cleaning. Day 2 seems to be going well.. :daydreaming:

Hugs,

joandher
06-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Hi Marissa

From over the pond I cant wait to see you in those sparkly drop dead gorges earrings and don't be going borrowing the girls do you hear.

:love: to all

J-JAY

Marissa
06-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Hi Marissa

From over the pond I cant wait to see you in those sparkly drop dead gorges earrings and don't be going borrowing the girls do you hear.

:love: to all

J-JAY

Hey Jo.. nice to hear from ya.. hope all is well over there :D

you know girls will be girls so it will be open season on 'borrowing' :daydreaming:

hugs,