PDA

View Full Version : I told my 3rd Friend

Shelby
06-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Last night I told my 3rd person about my cding. She is one of my oldest friends back when she was in high school and I worked for her parents as a lighting tech for their dance recitals. I was Instant Messaging her on Facebook about a recital that I am working on this weekend and how one of the costumes is so cute looking. She thought it was funny how I was so interested in girls clothes. So I told her and she was floored. It was weird because even though she always suspected, to hear me actually say it was unexpected. We talked for hours about my dressing and I shared with her my pics and she couldn't believe how hot I am according to her. I showed her my Taaz collection and she said it is official, you are a total hottie.

Years ago, when we used to hang out together (I was like a big brother to her when she was in HS and going through the teenage drama trauma), we went to her mom's dance studio and she wanted me to try on some of her old dance costumes. Now I was bigger, but that stuff does have some stretch in it. I tried on all sorts of her costumes and It was so fun. There was one costume that I adored but never got the chance to wear. I always bugged her about it and she always asked me why. Back then, I couldn't tell her about my cding because she tended to be a bit of a snot who might tell others. Today, she is grown up and matured a lot. She promises not to tell anyone and said that I can have that costume the I loved, but she wants to see me wear it and all girlied up.

She was so happy that I told her and said she never knew this about me. She even said how after looking at my pics she isn't even the least bit weirded out by this. I told her that 2 other women know, one of whom she knows. I'm planning on being in her town in a few weeks to get together with that friend for a makeover and told my friend if she wants to come over and help and she said yes. Later, she was talking about her lack of self esteem and I told her that all 4 of us should go out on a girls night out. She can't wait and wants to go soon.

So we spent the night talking about women's clothes and my cding experiences and why I do this. She did get mad that I didn't tell her sooner in life but I told her back then I didn't know myself and that I was kind of scared of her and how she tended to talk about others a lot. She had a tendency to turn on people. She said she wishes she had known then what she knows now about herself and me and how it could we could have been much closer then we are now just as friends.

In the end, I know have 3 amazing girlfriends who will help me and It just seems like life is getting so much easier and more relaxed.

Kathi Lake
06-18-2010, 10:56 AM
. . . it just seems like life is getting so much easier and more relaxed.Well, of course, Shelby! The hiding and the subterfuge are falling away - and with it, all the weight you've been carrying for years. You're telling people of your true nature, and being accepted and loved. Will this happen with all you tell? Maybe not. Still, it does feel better, doesn't it?

Can't wait to hear aobout your GNO!

:)

Kathi

kimdl93
06-18-2010, 12:21 PM
This is really great, Shelby. You are, of course, a total hottie...but everyone loves validation, right? And to have a circle of friends now that you can share yourself with - thats so wonderful. You'll have a great time and who know's, maybe youve opened up a whole new dimension of your life!

Teresa Ann
06-18-2010, 05:17 PM
Shelby is one lucky girl, You now have girl friends for a great support group. Keep us posted on your girls night out.

Kara Connor
06-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Glad it all worked out so well for you! And as an added bonus you have a new friend to go out with, which equates to more opportunities to express yourself.

Miss Brianna
06-18-2010, 06:31 PM
That's great. I'm sure she'll keep the secret between you and her. I wished more people were accepting to M2F cding. Dance attire is great, maybe she or her mom still have some left over.

AKAMichelle
06-19-2010, 09:09 AM
WOW - that is great that you are finding people to accept you. Have fun on your makeover and the GNO.

And if you ever put on that dance outfit - we want pictures :D

linnea
06-19-2010, 09:29 AM
Way to go, Shelby! I have been telling a few friends, and last summer I told my grown children and their spouses. Later I told my wife. She has shared the news with some of her confidantes (I told her that I would be fine with that before she ever did it), and I recently told one of my best friends (a woman that I worked with for years).
Two things happened as a result of my telling these people: first, I felt extraordinarily free and relaxed to be the woman that I have wanted to be. My children, my spouse, and my friend all gave me positive feedback, and that led to the second feeling: I felt a profound sense of support and love. I've been fortunate that no one responded in a strongly negative way. There were, of course, questions, and there was some anger from my spouse about the deception. But my wife came around to understanding why I would feel uneasy about telling her and keeping my secret from everyone, especially in earlier years.
I am so relieved. I don't carry the burden of deceit and need for subterfuge.
I am excited that you are going in that direction too.