PDA

View Full Version : What do you consider 24/7? and a couple of confessions

My Lady Marsea
06-18-2010, 01:18 PM
As a TG/CD what do you consider 24/7?
After going thru my last thread responses or wutever and some others threads, I like sense that 24/7 means different to different ppl.
I "dress" 24/7 including my day times and night times. I like present myself femme wherever and whenever I go both public and private. I do not like alternate between "boi" and "girl"The ppl who have met me in the last three years time have never known me except as Marsea (the aspiring girl,:daydreaming: my words), that's not to like be so totally mistaken that they are not aware of my NOT being a GG, anyone who has had like more than a few minutes up close & personal can "do the math" lol. :hypnotized:
Through years of reading threads in here I sometimes see the term 24/7 but in the next sentence is referenced sometimes to like "in my boi (boy-guy-male-etc) mode" or "had to finally tell (fill in the blank) about my crossdressing (CDing-dressing-etc) or wutever.
Another revelation that came to me is OMG! OMG! I'M LIKE IN THE CLOSET! The person I have pretty much like always despised, want to never ever see or be again is in the closet. "He" was to put it bluntly..a so total Ahole, false fronted, society created shell, :TamaraCroft:etc and that closet is like never going to open by me.
And I now realize I HAVE PURGED!:eek: OMG, will it like never end lol. Like three years ago Goodwill got it all, all the boi stuff that is. I made the decision to truly be 24/7 and that so totally did not include "his" clothing. The only boi stuff that will enter this dwelling ever again is if it comes with Mr Right, and there will definitely be no sharing of it LOL.

Karen564
06-18-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm not a TG/CD.....

I'm a pre-op TS Woman...

24/7 means I live my life 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Only as a woman...And I'm treated as just that, there's no going back to anything remotely male in any way..Ever!..not even for a micro-second.

The only time I say I'm TS, is for identification on this site, outside of here, I'm known only as a woman..

Phyliss
06-18-2010, 01:46 PM
The term "24/7" is begining to bother me with it's over use.
Example: "I wear panties 24/7" Just how does one perform natural bodily functions? How do you take a bath / shower ?

I'd say 99% of my clothes were originally made for women. That includes day time work clothes, (jeans, polo shirt, sweaters, flannel shirts). Then there are the good clothes I'll wear to go out to dinner with UNknowing friends. Dress slacks, and ladies dress button down shirt usually worn with skirt suit. If I'm going "out" then I have some dresses, or a bunch of skirt and blouse combinations.

I haven't FULLY transitioned .... yet, so I still need ( I Think ) some guy clothes for some situations. I suppose when I decide to go "Full Time" then those few items will be a donation to some charity.

I guess, for now, I can claim 23 / 7

Gerrijerry
06-18-2010, 02:02 PM
to me and everyone I know 24/7 is full time female if you were a male before. or full time male if you were a female before. you don't switch to the other gender clothes. There for You are not a CD but a pre or post TS they way I see it. I know many say that TS is only those that want to be a woman totally. However if you are dressed as a woman full time what else is there. CD has always to me meant part time crossdressing. Just my feelings

Karen564
06-18-2010, 02:12 PM
to me and everyone I know 24/7 is full time female if you were a male before. or full time male if you were a female before. you don't switch to the other gender clothes. There for You are not a CD but a pre or post TS they way I see it. I know many say that TS is only those that want to be a woman totally. However if you are dressed as a woman full time what else is there. CD has always to me meant part time crossdressing. Just my feelings

There's way more to being a Woman than just wearing womans clothing..
Just because one wears the clothes 24/7 does not automatically make it so..
It's in the soul, not the cloth.

But if you think otherwise, so be it.......:2c:

sandra-leigh
06-18-2010, 02:36 PM
I wear female clothes nearly all the time (though if I'm working in the garden I'd rather "use up" my old clothes). However I do not consider myself even close to "24/7":

- not so many people outside of my CD group know my (current) femme name

- my wife rarely calls me by my femme name (she doesn't care for the name... preferred my old one.)

- I do not have any financial accounts in my femme name (though I did inquire a couple of years ago.)

- there is no legal document tying my femme name to me, and I am not registered as female at any level of government; in particular, I have not started a name change.

- I do not wear skirts or dresses at my workplace (unless there is no-one around!) and only one Human Resources person knows about me; other people see me in my stealth clothes but either do not catch on or do not mention it

- the most obvious femme clothing I wear at home is my night-gown which looks like a dress; if we didn't have someone living with us that situation would probably be a bit different

- everyone knows me as a guy; they might know me as a guy who cross-dresses (and many many people have seen me dressed or gender-bending), and some may know or recognize that I am transgender, but I don't know of anyone who thinks of me as being female (though I think my gender therapist is now pretty certain that I am not "male")

- my hair is below the shoulder and turns in at the front as is not uncommon for women, but my hair style is not distinctly female. I also have not done HRT or FFS or anything else more or less irreversible.

Some of these things are likely to change in time, but as far as I am concerned, I will not be 24/7 until at least I switch over to wearing skirts and dresses whenever I feel like it at home and work... and even then I think I would not really feel I was 24/7 unless I switched names (even if not legally.)

Lorileah
06-18-2010, 02:38 PM
There's way more to being a Woman than just wearing womans clothing..Just because one wears the clothes 24/7 does not automatically make it so.

Yay! another label thread! A new label maybe but another "What does it mean...." thread that will certainly get some people in here to argue...again.

But amazingly enough I agree with Karen :) There is a huge disparity between wearing the uniform and doing the job as they say. I'll say that the corollary the Karen's post is also be true, you don't have to wear the clothes to be 24/7. Most the TS women here have been in their minds and souls 24/7 forever! You can present 24/7 I suppose (assuming that there is someone to see you 24/7). This could get into the whole how does a woman live vs man and do you have to wear make-up and do you have to wear skirts. Sort of makes the whole thing sort weird doesn't it?

I am who I am 24/7. My clothing is a mix of "male" and "female" (like my clo9thes know they have a gender). I can on any given day wear 100% women's garments. I don't think that I can remember wearing 100% men's clothing in the last...20 years. My mind however does not switch boy/girl.

So, I am 24/7. I am 24/7 me.

Mirani
06-18-2010, 02:56 PM
I have an idea = let's define all the trans words we know ...

um .. CD;TV;TS:TG:TW:TM;Pre op; post op; non op; part-time; full time; 24/7; under dress; FTPW; fetish; Drag King; Drag Queen; gender queer; gender bender; ... feel free to add any I have missed.
After defining them we can all agree / disgree; quote past threads; quote an "ologist"

OR
........ not ....

Karen564
06-18-2010, 02:59 PM
So, I am 24/7. I am 24/7 me.

And that's what I like about you most, no fluff, just being yourself..:hugs:

PS, I'm noting in my calendar that you agreed with me....:tongueout

Nicole Erin
06-18-2010, 03:56 PM
I think the gist of being 24/7 means someone lives their life as a gender other than the birth one. Well in this context.

But to keep on subject, 24/7 means dressing as a woman and being known as one, or at least trying.

There is a catch though - you must be wearing makeup at all times. Even to bed. The Gender police do spot checks to TS houses usually about 3:00 AM and if you are caught not wearing makeup, your TS status is revoked.

I like Lora's response about "being me" 24/7, I don't know, I am the same way. I mean something just sound daft about "I am living 24/7 as a woman".

I hate to ask this but am I the only self-identified TS woman who still stands up to pee?

kellycan27
06-18-2010, 04:09 PM
:yawn: I am going back to bed

Karen564
06-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Good night Kel :hugs:

Nicole...TMI.....and the answer is most likely yes, your probably the only one left standing...:D

Kate Simmons
06-18-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm grasping a bit for the point being made here.:)

My Lady Marsea
06-18-2010, 04:44 PM
I wear female clothes nearly all the time (though if I'm working in the garden I'd rather "use up" my old clothes). However I do not consider myself even close to "24/7":

- not so many people outside of my CD group know my (current) femme name

- my wife rarely calls me by my femme name (she doesn't care for the name... preferred my old one.)

- I do not have any financial accounts in my femme name (though I did inquire a couple of years ago.)

- there is no legal document tying my femme name to me, and I am not registered as female at any level of government; in particular, I have not started a name change.

- I do not wear skirts or dresses at my workplace (unless there is no-one around!) and only one Human Resources person knows about me; other people see me in my stealth clothes but either do not catch on or do not mention it

- the most obvious femme clothing I wear at home is my night-gown which looks like a dress; if we didn't have someone living with us that situation would probably be a bit different

- everyone knows me as a guy; they might know me as a guy who cross-dresses (and many many people have seen me dressed or gender-bending), and some may know or recognize that I am transgender, but I don't know of anyone who thinks of me as being female (though I think my gender therapist is now pretty certain that I am not "male")

- my hair is below the shoulder and turns in at the front as is not uncommon for women, but my hair style is not distinctly female. I also have not done HRT or FFS or anything else more or less irreversible.

Some of these things are likely to change in time, but as far as I am concerned, I will not be 24/7 until at least I switch over to wearing skirts and dresses whenever I feel like it at home and work... and even then I think I would not really feel I was 24/7 unless I switched names (even if not legally.)

I like totally forgot that aspect to includ in my original post, it all just seems natural after like all these years. Just before I killed "him" off I went down and legally changed my name to Marsea, so followed all the drivers license( with girl picture), SS (which I filed for and got as Marsea), birth certificate, VA benefits, bank account, debit/credit cards,utility bills,auto title and registration,insurance and anything else that makes me totally a 24/7 girl. Anything with "sex/gender boxes had to still be checked the hated "M" though since I had (and have not) yet transitioned or had proof of such, like what a so totally :lame: society requirement, like does it matter to drive or get medical or just a big "WUTEVER".

sometimes_miss
06-18-2010, 10:33 PM
24/7 is all the time. Awake and asleep. At home and at work.

AKAMichelle
06-19-2010, 09:05 AM
I definitely agree with your definition of 24/7. I have used the term to describe a time period when I did just about everything dressed as a woman. So I wasn't truly 24/7 and that I say that I was almost 24/7. :D

~Seana~
06-19-2010, 09:06 AM
I think the point she was getting at is 24/7 is more of a spectrum. And I get it.

i have to think of myself. I dont currently have any plans to transition, or really any intention of "living"' 24X7. But there are certain aspects that definitely ARE 24/7. I rarely wear mens undergarments.I pretty much wear girl jeans or shorts 24/7. My hair is past my shoulders,my eyebrows usually done feminine and shirts, sometimes mens sometimes not, but even some of my mens shirts , oh and I just last week pierced my ears. I get as many "excuse me Miss" walking down the street as "'excuse me Sir"' and I get it, I'm floating in ambiguity most of the time.
This is my life, it's how I live and I have come to the point that it's OK for me to have feminine aspects like shaved legs and girl jeans alll the time. I actually cant stand the fit of most mens pants.I'm looking at laser on my face, which will make it even more pronounced. But I dont consider myself 24/7 because I'm not transitioning , I'm floating in ambiguity. Even if at some point I take hormones ( not likely at this point) and grow breasts, I probably still wouldnt follow through and would stop once reaching desired point. More Ambiguity. There's a point where your male self is still "somewhere in the middle"' of what really is a spectrum. Are you living everyday in a spectrum role? Then maybe, just maybe, you're 24/7.

Does that make sense?

Amanda